Windows 10: None of the Windows Apps will open

Discus and support None of the Windows Apps will open in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After updating to the anniversary update none of the windows apps will open. Things like Edge, Store, etc. I click on the icon and a new window will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by joelshort, Sep 20, 2016.

1. joelshort Win User

None of the Windows Apps will open

After updating to the anniversary update none of the windows apps will open. Things like Edge, Store, etc. I click on the icon and a new window will flash on but immediately off.

Any ideas? I have none...

:)

joelshort, Sep 20, 2016

2. None of the new apps will open

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. I would like to know the detail below to assist you better with the issue.

• Do you get any error message/code?
    With regards to Start menu, I would suggest you to follow the steps:

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • Click File > Run New Task
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
    • Type CMD
    • Type the following 4 commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    • Close the CMD window
    Check to see if the issue is resolved. If not, restart the PC.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to
    create a new user account and check if you still face the issue. To create it perform the steps mentioned below.

• Press Windows key + R key, Run window opens.
    • Type control in the open box and clickOk.
    • Control Panel windows opens.
    • Click on User accounts and Family Safety.
    • Click on User Account and then click on
      Manage Accounts
    • Now click on Add a new user and follow the instructions.
    Now check if the issue persists in the new user account.

Keep us posted on the issue to assist you better.

Sudheendra S, Sep 20, 2016
  3. None of the new apps will open

Tried both the methods. Both did not work. When I tried to add new user account, the same "ELEMENT NOT FOUND" error of "EXPLORER.EXE" was seen.

SrijithUnni, Sep 20, 2016
  4. bfunke Win User

Ensure admin has full control of the app folder

bfunke, Sep 20, 2016
Thema:

1. None of the Windows Apps will open - Similar Threads - None Apps open

2. None of my Windows apps will open after a fresh reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    None of my Windows apps will open after a fresh reset: I had to reset my PC recently and now none of the Windows apps will open. The Microsoft store, Films & TV, Photos, anything that comes default with Windows 10 won't open. certain apps such as the Microsoft Store will attempt to start and then close immediately afterwardsI've...
  3. None of my Windows apps will open after a fresh reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    None of my Windows apps will open after a fresh reset: I had to reset my PC recently and now none of the Windows apps will open. The Microsoft store, Films & TV, Photos, anything that comes default with Windows 10 won't open. certain apps such as the Microsoft Store will attempt to start and then close immediately afterwardsI've...
  4. None of my Windows apps will open after a fresh reset

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. help none of the microsoft apps open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    help none of the microsoft apps open: so my problem is that i cant open any microsoft apps like:calculator,camera,movies,minecraft,mixed reality and etc and it greyed out too is there way to fix problem?...
  6. help none of the microsoft apps open

help none of the microsoft apps open: so my problem is that i cant open any microsoft apps like:calculator,camera,movies,minecraft,mixed reality and etc and it greyed out too is there way to fix problem?...
  7. None of my Microsoft apps are opening on Windows 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    None of my Microsoft apps are opening on Windows 10: Hi! I recently reset windows on my pc, and something happened... I am now not able to open any of my apps on windows ten. At first they all had a black line under them, but now only a few do. I try to open Microsoft store, and it closes automatically. Any help would be...
  8. none of my apps are opening on windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    none of my apps are opening on windows 10: no app is opening in my windows 10 neither mail nor microsoft store . I can't even open pictures . Last time when this problem persisted I had no other choice than resetting my windows and it did worked for couple of days but now it is showing same issue again . I even...
  9. None of the Windows App are opening

None of the Windows App are opening: PLEASE HELP !! It's been been months, I have been trying to reach out. Filled out so many feedbacks but no reply. None of the windows app are opening right now. It started with Calculator app then all the installed windows app. It started after I upgraded to the newer...
  10. none of my apps will open

none of my apps will open: All of my apps close out automatically. Netflix works but apps such as the Micrisoft store, windows defender, and calculator close themselves out immediately. Additionally when I try to download and run a file it says "a device attached to this system is not functioning". I...