Windows 10: Noob Question About Mic Setup

Discus and support Noob Question About Mic Setup in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My mic will not register that i am talking into it even tho it shows up in the 'recording devices.' I have it set on default - i have tried using it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Leel, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Leel Win User

Noob Question About Mic Setup

My mic will not register that i am talking into it even tho it shows up in the 'recording devices.' I have it set on default

- i have tried using it on another windows 10 laptop and it instantly works
    -I have updated all drivers through MSI
    - I have uninstalled sound drivers/mic drivers in device manager and reset
    - i have tried updating drivers in device manager and resetting
    - i have tried different ports
    - i have checked to see if it was muted and increased the boost in mic properties
    - i have tried troubleshooting in hardware and sound
    - I have tried reinstalling all windows updates
    - I have tried 'set up mic function' it doesn't pick up any noise
    - i have tried calling microsoft and msi tech support, Microsoft wants a 100 usd for 'real' tech support msi couldnt help me and suggested more of the same
    - i have tried mostly all the troubleshooting on google results and many YT videos suggesting the same things listed above

After the MSI Live Updated it now notifies me that i have plugged it an and i can see what slot it is plugged into in realtek sound manager but still no green bars in 'recording devices' when i talk into it.

I have completely exhausted my personal capabilities i don't wanna cave and give Microsoft another $100 for them to tell me: reinstall windows, that is not a 'fix' in my book

Please help any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Leel, Feb 6, 2017
  2. QnA22 Win User

noob question about free aps

The HD2 also has WiFi, why not connect via your home wireless router. This way you do not have to pay your provider.

QnA22, Feb 6, 2017
  3. noob question about free aps

If you are conneted through your PC connection, I'm pretty sure there won't be any charge either on your phone.

| Wieser Software Ltd |www.wieser-software.com

Anthony Wieser, Feb 6, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

Welcome to the forum. Is it a stero mic or mono if its a mono and your plugging into stero port it wont have the right connections have you checked realtech manager that the ports are set correct as with a lot you can switch ports around in software have you tried other recording software

Samuria, Feb 6, 2017
  5. Leel Win User
    I haven't tried different software i'm not sure how i guess, or what to use. I have tried changing the playback devices in Mic properties (default, realtek, nvidia) with no avail. I'm not sure what kind of mic it is like i said it instantly gets green bars on my other laptop. the mic is s benwis m100

Leel, Feb 6, 2017
  6. Leel Win User
    Realtek says it is the mic in slot idk how to change if the ports are correct it asks me what the current device is and i choose Mic In.

Leel, Feb 6, 2017
  7. Leel Win User
    Noob Question About Mic Setup [​IMG]

Leel, Feb 6, 2017
  8. Samuria Win User

Samuria, Feb 6, 2017
  9. Leel Win User
    Ya i try the record tool i got with windows it acts like its recording any everything but i replay and there is nothing. i feel it should be something so simple its amazing how complicated windows 10 is..

Leel, Feb 6, 2017
  10. mrgeek Win User
    "Ya i try the record tool i got with windows it acts like its recording any everything but i replay and there is nothing."

What are you using to play the Win10 'Voice Recorder' audio file back ? the format is m4a
    What happens when you use the Windows sound setup. R-click the volume icon in the system tray, then 'Recording Devices'. If you have a laptop mic in webcam, it will also be listed. Does the microphone appear on the list ? If so, r=-click mic and 'Configure Speech Recognition'.

mrgeek, Feb 6, 2017
  11. Leel Win User
    i just tried some other app same result. idk bout this ohm idea even if it was i have no idea how to go about changing any of that.. haha. uhmm i have tried to change the quality in mic properties all over the chart...

12. Leel Win User
    Im using the windows app to listen to the recording it plays it but theres no sound same with this 2nd app i just DL. Uhm ya i can see the mic in the recording devices but i cant 'test' it like i can with the speakers there is no 'test' option when i right click the mic..

13. Leel Win User

14. Leel Win User
    It doesn't show up in playback. it just a desk top mic shows up in recording devices..

15. Leel Win User

Thema:

1. Noob Question About Mic Setup - Similar Threads - Noob Question Mic

2. question about windows 11 setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    question about windows 11 setup: i tried to update my windows 10 device several times and i get same massage from windows 11 setup as "We can't tell if your PC is ready to continue installing windows 11. try restarting setup." is there any way to fix this thing....
  3. question about windows 11 setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    question about windows 11 setup: i tried to update my windows 10 device several times and i get same massage from windows 11 setup as "We can't tell if your PC is ready to continue installing windows 11. try restarting setup." is there any way to fix this thing....
  4. question about windows 11 setup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Questions about dual monitor setup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Questions about dual monitor setup: hello, I'm new to windows and I just have a couple of questions. currently, I have my laptop and a monitor set up side by side with my laptop kinda being used as a second monitor and it seems to be working but there's just some stuff I'm unsure about 1 when I hide my...
  6. Noob Question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Noob Question: I need to do a clean install because of lingering issues. I have Win 10 Pro paid. When I reinstall, will the same key work? TIA submitted by /u/Frankie_Hollywood [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kauvg1/noob_question/
  7. Noob question about refresh rates...

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Noob question about refresh rates...: Hi, I am about to upgrade my monitor. I have some questions about refresh rates. I edit photos and play some first-person shooters (BF & Far Cry), but would put preference on the editing... I think. Meaning, I definitely want IPS and at least 2560x1440 resolution for the...
  8. Virtual Memory (Noob Question)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Virtual Memory (Noob Question): So I recently found this article to increase my PC performance by setting this settings to, well it varies. Quick question, how much do I need to put in minimal and max, I have like 8gb of memory right now. [img] 121989
  9. Question about drive setup in Bios

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Question about drive setup in Bios: Hi All, Opened Macrium Reflect this morning and just browsing around and noticed it had my M.2 SSD 250GB drive assigned to Disk 5. I opened Windows 10 Disk Management and noticed the M.2 drive was assigned to Disk 4. I failed to notice this when I first upgraded to all these...
  10. Question about drive setup in Bios

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about drive setup in Bios: Hi All, Opened Macrium Reflect this morning and just browsing around and noticed it had my M.2 SSD 250GB drive assigned to Disk 5. I opened Windows 10 Disk Management and noticed the M.2 drive was assigned to Disk 4. I failed to notice this when I first upgraded to all these...