Windows 10: normal user accouting automatically changed to administrator

Discus and support normal user accouting automatically changed to administrator in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, my normal user accouting automatically changed to administrator. How that even can happen ??? I didn't do anything, windows is so bugged... 116360 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by empleat, Aug 21, 2018.

1. empleat Win User

normal user accouting automatically changed to administrator

Hello,
    my normal user accouting automatically changed to administrator.
    How that even can happen ???
    I didn't do anything, windows is so bugged...

:)

empleat, Aug 21, 2018
  2. Arul_D Win User

How do you change a user account to an administrator account in Windows 10?

Hi Fiona,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to go to control panel and check your user account status. Right click on the start button and select control panel in the menu. In the control panel, click on the 'view by' option in the top right and select 'large icons'. Now, click
    on 'User accounts' and check if your account is listed as Administrator. If it is not displayed as Admin account, click on the option 'Change user account type' and select 'Administrator' and apply changes. Try these steps and let us know the results. If you
    have already tried, please let us know what all troubleshooting steps you have tried so far, so that we can provided you suggestion accordingly.

Arul_D, Aug 21, 2018
  3. changing administrator

Hi,

Share this information to assist you better.

• What are the steps you have tried to change the Admin rights?
    • How many accounts have you configured in your computer?
    Try the below steps if you have not tried:

• Open Control Panel (Move the cursor to the lower/left corner of the screen and
      Right Click, select Control Panel on the menu.
    • In Control Panel, select User Accounts.
    • Select Manage another account.

This will show all of the user accounts on the computer. If there is an Administrator account it will show that designation.

• Sign Out and log on with any Administrator Account.
    • Go back to Control Panel/User Accounts.
    • Select Manage another account and then select the Standard account you wish to change.
    • Select the Change Account Type option.
    • Select the Administrator option to change the account and click the
      Change Account Type button.
    If there are no other Administrator Accounts, let us know and we can try another recovery method.

Let us know what you find.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Aug 21, 2018
  4. normal user accouting automatically changed to administrator

how to change administrator on my computer

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

As I understand that your administrator account has been changed to another account as administrator. We will help you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the account settings as administrator and check if it helps.

1. In the search type as “user accounts”.

2. Click on “change your account types”.

3. All the user accounts will be listed there, under your account you can select as administrator.

4. The account will be changed to administrator.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 21, 2018
Thema:

normal user accouting automatically changed to administrator

1. normal user accouting automatically changed to administrator - Similar Threads - normal user accouting

2. Can not change user account to Administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can not change user account to Administrator: Asked question before PC shut off and I lost links answer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-change-user-account-to-administrator/dab9945c-1f60-4dd9-8037-901cd67e615b
  3. Normal user on "Run as administrator" is error

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Normal user on "Run as administrator" is error: In Windows, I have logged in on both normal user and Administrator. But normal user on Run as administrator, it is only error on typing password. But I can logged on Administrator, no password there. Can you help me? EditionWindows 10 Home Version20H2 Installed...
  4. Normal user on "Run as administrator" is error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Normal user on "Run as administrator" is error: In Windows, I have logged in on both normal user and Administrator. But normal user on Run as administrator, it is only error on typing password. But I can logged on Administrator, no password there. Can you help me? EditionWindows 10 Home Version20H2 Installed...
  5. Change Local User into MicroSoft Accout (On 3 PC Network Server)

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Change Local User into MicroSoft Accout (On 3 PC Network Server): Win 10 Pro 1803 Details regarding my desire to change as little as possible: Using this PC as server for two other win 10 PCs on home network. All very old, barely able to run win 10, activations from win7, were XP (server), XP and Vista. Activations for none appear...
  6. Change Local User into MicroSoft Accout

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Change Local User into MicroSoft Accout: Win 10 Pro 1803 Details regarding my desire to change as little as possible: Using this PC as server for two other win 10 PCs on home network. All very old, barely able to run win 10, activations from win7, were XP (server), XP and Vista. Activations for none appear...
  7. User accouts in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User accouts in File Explorer: There were already two user accounts on my laptop when i started using it. Over time I've absorbed one and got it down to just two. It drives me crazy, programs are split between libraries There's multiple document/ picture/ music/download folders etcetera. So I tried to...
  8. Change name for user (administrator)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change name for user (administrator): I am the administrator on my computer and I cannot figure out how to change my name on Windows 10.... When I go to control panel there is no option to change username under the users section. When I change it by pressing Windows button + R and typing netplwiz it does not...
  9. normal user account automatically changed to administrator

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    normal user account automatically changed to administrator: Hello, my normal user accouting automatically changed to administrator. How that even can happen ??? I didn't do anything, windows is so bugged... 116360
  10. administrator user changed to standard user

in Windows 10 Customization
    administrator user changed to standard user: I have changed my administrator user to standard user. Know i need to login with admin user. I am using windows 10. There was only administrator user which i have changed to standard user. How can i get back admin user. I also can't open cmd "run as administrator". Showing...