Windows 10: Norton Beta for Windows 10

Discus and support Norton Beta for Windows 10 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Norton has a new Beta program for their products for Windows 10 compatibility. https://community.norton.com/en/foru...SBU_Beta_Win10 Jim *Cool 5432 Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Phone Man, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Phone Man Win User

Norton Beta for Windows 10

Phone Man, Apr 15, 2015

2. How to uninstall Windows Defender

FYI Norton has a beta compatible with W10 that seems to be OK.

johnbristow, Apr 15, 2015
  3. Upgraded to Win 10. Start up takes an hour or more to start. Windows Defender isnt running.....won't start.

Shouldn't Norton be doing its own beta testing?

PA Bear - MS MVP, Apr 15, 2015
  4. Vladimir Win User

Thanks ! I don't use Norton since 2010, but I think I'll join this beta program...

*Smile

Vladimir, Apr 15, 2015
  5. Vladimir Win User
    Here I go !

Norton Beta for Windows 10 [​IMG]

*Smile

Vladimir, Apr 15, 2015
  6. badrobot Win User
    Not sure if it's a good idea to install a TP AV on a TP OS. It will just create more issues on an issue ridden OS. *Smile

badrobot, Apr 15, 2015
  7. Vladimir Win User
    I like to live dangerously !

*Roflmao2

Anyway the Beta is quite solid. No problem at all !

*Smile

Vladimir, Apr 15, 2015
  8. badrobot Win User

If you say so. *Smile
    I hope you can still turn Windows Defender on if you decided to abandon Norton.

badrobot, Apr 15, 2015
  9. Phone Man Win User
    Sounds good. Did you join the Norton Forum so you can join the feedback fun?
    I am PhoneMan over there also.
    Not running W10 right now but will try the Norton Beta on my W8.1 system.

Jim *Cool

Phone Man, Apr 15, 2015
  10. gzt7d8 Win User
    I've used Norton for almost 15 years so I have download and I'm now running their beta software.

No problems so far and the one issue I had, Phone Man already gave me the explanation.

gzt7d8, Apr 15, 2015
  11. Running well, no problems so far.

cyberrufus, Apr 16, 2015
  12. Phone Man Win User
    If you click on the Help button there is a link to the Product Manual in PDF format (416 pages). The Beta is an updated version to their retail products which were released Sept 2014 and just updated last week.

Retail - v22.2.0.31
    Beta - v22.5.0.79

Jim *Cool

Phone Man, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Norton Beta for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Norton Beta

2. Cannot delete Norton Security Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot delete Norton Security Files: Greetings all, I am having an issue with deleting my norton security files. What I have tried so far is in sequence of how I went about it. I am in my own PC and my user profile has admin rights. I did restart my laptop as well. OS is Win 11 Home, version 23H21. Attempted to...
  3. Cannot delete Norton Security Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot delete Norton Security Files: Greetings all, I am having an issue with deleting my norton security files. What I have tried so far is in sequence of how I went about it. I am in my own PC and my user profile has admin rights. I did restart my laptop as well. OS is Win 11 Home, version 23H21. Attempted to...
  4. norton

in Windows 10 Gaming
    norton: I had Microsoft*Norton on an old laptop. I want to transfer it to my new laptop. I have monthly fees charged to a credit card https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/norton/b69952ed-c177-4ad4-849d-39b099501c4a
  5. norton

norton: I had Microsoft*Norton on an old laptop. I want to transfer it to my new laptop. I have monthly fees charged to a credit card https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/norton/b69952ed-c177-4ad4-849d-39b099501c4a
  6. Norton wants me to pay them to fix "357 Corrupted Registries". Is that legitimate? What...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Norton wants me to pay them to fix "357 Corrupted Registries". Is that legitimate? What...: I understand what a registry is, but I am not sure a that Norton is just trying to scare people nor that b it cannot be done manually/automatically. This feels like "disk cleanup" in the DOS days. Is it? Please advise!...
  7. Norton wants me to pay them to fix "357 Corrupted Registries". Is that legitimate? What...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Norton wants me to pay them to fix "357 Corrupted Registries". Is that legitimate? What...: I understand what a registry is, but I am not sure a that Norton is just trying to scare people nor that b it cannot be done manually/automatically. This feels like "disk cleanup" in the DOS days. Is it? Please advise!...
  8. Norton wants me to pay them to fix "357 Corrupted Registries". Is that legitimate? What...

9. deleted Norton on win7 machine and now no internet access. i just want to upgrade to win11...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    deleted Norton on win7 machine and now no internet access. i just want to upgrade to win11...: I deleted Norton on a Win7 PC and now no internet access. I just want to upgrade to Win 11 on that PC. Can Norton do that? Block Access? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-norton-on-win7-machine-and-now-no-internet/8e9c04d2-2023-4226-808b-b9efe38e9471
  10. deleted Norton on win7 machine and now no internet access. i just want to upgrade to win11...

deleted Norton on win7 machine and now no internet access. i just want to upgrade to win11...: I deleted Norton on a Win7 PC and now no internet access. I just want to upgrade to Win 11 on that PC. Can Norton do that? Block Access? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-norton-on-win7-machine-and-now-no-internet/8e9c04d2-2023-4226-808b-b9efe38e9471