Windows 10: Norton Double Header Free Trials: Norton Utilities and Norton Security

Discus and support Norton Double Header Free Trials: Norton Utilities and Norton Security in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Try them free for 30 days. Norton Security ask an email and a password to send the product key validation. Also, you need the email and the password to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MikeMecanic, Aug 14, 2015.

1. Norton Double Header Free Trials: Norton Utilities and Norton Security

Try them free for 30 days. Norton Security ask an email and a password to send the product key validation. Also, you need the email and the password to complete the installation.

Norton Utilities won't ask anything. You'll be ask to reboot: Wait for Utilities to wake-up and follow the process. Forget the second pop-up error. Norton Utilities is a powerful engine that clean and optimize the hard drive. You'll be surprise to see the amount of pollution on your Hard Drive. Be my guess!

Up-to-date you should have these versions (08-15-2015):

22.5.0.120/NS NORTON™ - Antivirus-Software und Spyware-Entfernung

16.0.2.39/NU Norton Utilities - Free download and software reviews - CNET Download.com

Both of them work very good under 10240.

:)

MikeMecanic, Aug 14, 2015

2. Does KB2009272 apply to Win 10

Why did you "reinstall" the Norton application on 23 July, roughly one (1) week after you upgraded to Win10?

Did you (a) uninstall Norton Internet Security AND THEN (b) download/run the Norton Removal Tool & reboot (c) BEFORE you installed Norton Internet Security again?

• Fact: Norton (and McAfee) applications are notorious for not uninstalling
      or upgrading cleanly. The "leftovers" may be your troublemaker here.
    • Chances are the ASUS computer came with a Norton or a McAfee free-trial preinstalled. [Most HP computers come with a Norton free-trial preinstalled.]

PA Bear - MS MVP, Aug 14, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Defender high CPU

Answer-by-number:

1. Was Norton AntiVirus, Norton Internet Security, Norton 360, Norton Security or Norton Security Suite [PICK ONE] installed before you upgraded to Win10?

2. Was your Norton subscription still current when you upgraded to Win10?

3. Has any other Norton application or a McAfee application EVER been installed on the computer since you bought it?

4. Did a Norton free-trial or a McAfee free-trial [PICK ONE] come preinstalled on the computer
    when you bought it? (Doesn't matter if you never used or Activated it.)

• Fact: Norton (and McAfee) applications are notorious for not uninstalling (or upgrading) cleanly. The "leftovers" may be your troublemaker here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Perhaps the Powers That Be expect Defender question to be posted in the Security forum? =>
    Results in Windows - Microsoft Community

PA Bear - MS MVP, Aug 14, 2015
  4. Norton Double Header Free Trials: Norton Utilities and Norton Security

I've not used norton for years is it any good?

kuyenmotdivad, Aug 14, 2015
  5. Give it a try! You'll be pleasantly surprised. Me to I didn't use it for a while: Was on Linux for almost 5 years. Norton Utilities was a missing piece...

MikeMecanic, Aug 14, 2015
  6. Phone Man Win User
    NS 22.5.0.120 is an old Beta version and has many problems. The Beta is closed so don't know if you can get a key. The latest released version is 22.5.2.15

Jim *Cool

Phone Man, Aug 14, 2015
  7. Borg 386 Win User
    Norton has gotten much better since the early days when it was considered a resource hog. It uses less resources & runs well on most systems.

Borg 386, Aug 14, 2015
  8. Norton Double Header Free Trials: Norton Utilities and Norton Security

Thank's for the advice Jim. The update Center is telling me that I'm up-to-date.
    Norton Update Center

Working on it in the Norton forum...

Take care,

MikeMecanic, Aug 15, 2015
  9. Was ain't that bad in the old days either. Norton Utilities surprise me on action after the other.

MikeMecanic, Aug 15, 2015
  10. In deed the Beta is closed and we don't know for how long we will be activated. So, only Utilities free trial remain a good choice. I have to take a decision, will I pay for it or will I switch to AVG?

MikeMecanic, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Norton Double Header Free Trials: Norton Utilities and Norton Security

1. Norton Double Header Free Trials: Norton Utilities and Norton Security - Similar Threads - Norton Double Header

2. norton

in Windows 10 Gaming
    norton: I had Microsoft*Norton on an old laptop. I want to transfer it to my new laptop. I have monthly fees charged to a credit card https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/norton/b69952ed-c177-4ad4-849d-39b099501c4a
  3. Norton Security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Norton Security: Is Norton Security a scam? I called 411 and the Operator could not find ANY listing for Norton. I paid for a year subscription again last March. They get lost from my laptop more and more often and my brother a few years ago had to pay a man $500 Bank Debit card for him to...
  4. Norton security

Norton security: The instructions for putting a Norton icon on my desktop don't work. Cannot drag and drop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/norton-security/f865366d-b89e-4b4d-8966-7777ec92d4be
  5. norton security

norton security: i have comcast for internet and they offer norton security for there antivirus protection. but i'm wondering if it is any better than what i have now. a few years ago i asked about virus program and some said to use the avast and ccleaner and malwarebytes and a few others but...
  6. Norton Security

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Norton Security: I have Norton Security on my Windows 10 v1903 pc. Just bought a laptop Windows 10 v1903 went into Microsoft store and downloaded Norton app. Clicked on launch and it opened in Explorer browser but could see nothing regarding Norton. Clicked on search on taskbar this only gave...
  7. Norton Insta****) - Norton antivirus Toll Free

Norton Insta****) - Norton antivirus Toll Free: Norton.com/setup - To Download, install and activate the Norton setup, go to norton.com/setup and get started with Norton product In the present time, an antivirus is expected to keep PC programming, PC applications, and information security; however a considerable lot of its...
  8. To Norton customers with Norton Internet Security. Win10

To Norton customers with Norton Internet Security. Win10: I appreciate that the experts here dislike Norton but I need to check if any NIS users are having problems with these: 1. New Search facility (when wanting to add a snip/picture to your post) - previously all I had to do was click Search and go to my folder in my OneDrive....
  9. NORTON

NORTON: can I run norton and window defender at the same time https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_scanning-windows_10/norton/82de06c3-2960-4673-8e29-0437b53c64b1
  10. Norton Utilities and Norton Security useful or not ?

Norton Utilities and Norton Security useful or not ?: Just finished a reinstall of Windows 10, and I was wondering what the peanut gallery thought of these two programs. I uninstalled the Norton Security about a month ago while chasing my OS crashing issues. (Norton Security wasn't my problem), but I read good reports, and...