Windows 10: Norton Security 22.5.0.120 released - W10 Compatible

Discus and support Norton Security 22.5.0.120 released - W10 Compatible in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; NS and NSwBU v22.5.0.120 is out of Beta testing with Windows 10 and has been released. NIS v21 update for Windows 10 will be released soon.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Phone Man, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Phone Man Win User

Norton Security 22.5.0.120 released - W10 Compatible

Phone Man, Jun 11, 2015
  2. larryn1ra Win User

compatibility

Hi.

Why is Windows 10 Microsoft Edge not compatible with Norton Security? Work together with them and make it compatible. This should have been done before the release of the Windows 10. Windows defender is not enough. I spent two and half month
    just fixing bugs. I am using Internet Explorer as a Default browser because Norton Security is not compatible with Microsoft Edge.
    I cannot use Microsoft Edge because it is full of ads and bugs. Norton Security says that you will have an extension links to them soon. So do something about it. Thank you.

larryn1ra, Jun 11, 2015
  3. How to uninstall Windows Defender

FYI Norton has a beta compatible with W10 that seems to be OK.

johnbristow, Jun 11, 2015
  4. Phone Man Win User

Phone Man, Jun 12, 2015
  5. Vladimir Win User
    I tryed the Beta on 10 with no probs, but I feel that it's a bit heavier (in terms of performance) than other good AVs

Vladimir, Jun 12, 2015
  6. Using it and have any problem. it was not the case with AVG. Symantec as a long road, they were there when Windows came out. Very happy and satisfied that they participate in the Microsoft effort to build a better O/S. Both are in the good direction.

MikeMecanic, Jul 1, 2015
  7. Phone Man Win User
    Norton has updated all their products to 22.5.0.124 for W10 compatibility.

They are continuing the Beta program and will have a new update in about a week.

Jim *Cool

Phone Man, Jul 2, 2015
  8. gzt7d8 Win User

Interesting, I never got this update, still running on .120, and haven't run across any problems yet.

gzt7d8, Jul 3, 2015
  9. elbmek Win User
    The first thing I do wiith a new machine is uninstall norton or mcafee if its already in. I last had norton in a machine back in the day it was so power mad, I couldn't use the pc when norton was 'doing its thing' - out it came and Kaspersky went in. Vast improvement, Kasp was not as power hungry. My previous pc to this also had norton in, out it came straight away. For different reasons I then removed Kaspersky and went to AVG Internet Suite 2014 then 2015. since then no problem and I dont even notice AVG doing its thing either. Incidentally, since moving to AVG not a single bug, anywhere. Kaspersky let me down on that score. My daughters account sneaked in a couple or dozen spy bugs, but Spy Bot now exterminates!!

elbmek, Jul 3, 2015
  10. Phone Man Win User
    They only released 124 to the retail channel. Beta is still 120 but new Beta coming in a week or so.

Jim *Nerd

Phone Man, Jul 3, 2015
  11. I installed the free version of AVG when I first tried Windows 10 & it was the worst thing that I ever did - it just infiltrates itself into places where you wouldn't expect it &, from memory as it was some time ago, the only way to get rid of it was to do a format & rebuild.

I'll never ever give AVG another go!

WightWalker, Jul 7, 2015
  12. groze Win User
    groze, Jul 10, 2015
  13. Norton Security 22.5.0.120 released - W10 Compatible

Using it since 10130 and reinstall it many times simply by providing my email. If you enable it before running Windows Updater you won't receive the Defender patch. Norton Security works fine since then and is fully under control of Windows settings.
    Many problems with AVG under 10074,122,130.

MikeMecanic, Jul 13, 2015
  14. Taking good care of my computer: Show up ounce in a wild for scanning.

Norton Security Version 22.5.0.120 under 10.0.10240

MikeMecanic, Jul 24, 2015
  15. elbmek Win User
    Disagree with your opinion of AVG, never let me down yet.

elbmek, Jul 25, 2015
Thema:

1. Norton Security 22.5.0.120 released - W10 Compatible - Similar Threads - Norton Security 120

2. Norton Security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Norton Security: Is Norton Security a scam? I called 411 and the Operator could not find ANY listing for Norton. I paid for a year subscription again last March. They get lost from my laptop more and more often and my brother a few years ago had to pay a man $500 Bank Debit card for him to...
  3. Norton security isue

Norton security isue: Ahoj, můžeš mi pomoct s tímto isue? Moje aplikace zabezpečení Norton se nezapíná.Nemohu jej ani zavřít ve správci úloh jako administrátor, nemůžu jej odinstalovat, protože běží program a nemůžu mazat soubory, protože nemám oprávnění jako uživatel ani jako administrátor....
  4. Norton security

Norton security: The instructions for putting a Norton icon on my desktop don't work. Cannot drag and drop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/norton-security/f865366d-b89e-4b4d-8966-7777ec92d4be
  5. norton security

norton security: i have comcast for internet and they offer norton security for there antivirus protection. but i'm wondering if it is any better than what i have now. a few years ago i asked about virus program and some said to use the avast and ccleaner and malwarebytes and a few others but...
  6. Norton Security

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Norton Security: I have Norton Security on my Windows 10 v1903 pc. Just bought a laptop Windows 10 v1903 went into Microsoft store and downloaded Norton app. Clicked on launch and it opened in Explorer browser but could see nothing regarding Norton. Clicked on search on taskbar this only gave...
  7. Norton security scan

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Norton security scan: I see Norton Security Scan suddenly has a shortcut on my desktop. The file info says it was created a few days ago and I did get an update recently. Is it normal for this application to insert itself like this? I thought I had removed Norton after I set up my own A/V...
  8. Norton Security is Not Compatible With My Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Norton Security is Not Compatible With My Windows 10: Norton™ Security is Not Compatible With My Windows 10 what can I do? I tried to use Program Compatibility troubleshooter and its fixer And it didn't help!! can you guys tell me please what to do as soon as passable...
  9. Norton Utilities and Norton Security useful or not ?

Norton Utilities and Norton Security useful or not ?: Just finished a reinstall of Windows 10, and I was wondering what the peanut gallery thought of these two programs. I uninstalled the Norton Security about a month ago while chasing my OS crashing issues. (Norton Security wasn't my problem), but I read good reports, and...
  10. Norton Security not working

Norton Security not working: Hello all, Recently I installed norton security and it made my ati drivers crash. I had to uninstall norton in order to get the drivers to work. So is there any other antivirus out there that is compatible with win 10 and wont make my drivers crash? 6092