Windows 10: Norton Security & Anti Virus vs Webroot Internet secutity

Discus and support Norton Security & Anti Virus vs Webroot Internet secutity in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Any one have an opinion on these security programs. I have an older computer being repaired by the Geek squad and the technician recommended Webroot... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by rjordan393, Dec 17, 2016.

1. Norton Security & Anti Virus vs Webroot Internet secutity

Any one have an opinion on these security programs. I have an older computer being repaired by the Geek squad and the technician recommended Webroot over Norton. I am presently using Norton. The packaging for the Webroot does not say anything about virus protection. I checked some reviews on Webroot and some sites give it a 9 plus, while other sites don't even list it in the top ten. I saw three reviews whereas these users complain about customer service being very slow or not responsive at all. But the reviews are old. But still, I am not convinced to make the switch from Norton. Your thoughts?

:)

rjordan393, Dec 17, 2016
  2. BulldogXX Win User
    BulldogXX, Dec 17, 2016
  3. Obvs#10 Win User
    Can Windows 10 Security Notifications (Antivirus & Defender are turned off) be wrong?

"Webroot Secure Anywhere" was the Anti-Virus program installed along with Office 365 on this Dell PC (which was pre-installed with Windows 10). I've have had no trouble using this AV program since the time I got this PC in late December. But, these Windows
    'Notifications' have been occurring only since the beginning of March, and they say that BOTH Windows Defender& Webroot are turned 'Off'. A detailed check of Windows Security and Maintenance(S&M) --they are 'On' and working normally -- leads one to conclude
    that either S&M are lying or that the Notifications are.

Obvs#10, Dec 17, 2016
  4. SoFine409 Win User

Norton Security & Anti Virus vs Webroot Internet secutity

If you have been using Norton Security and are satisfied with it then keep using it. It has always been highly rated. If Geek Squad can not give you a solid reason to change then don't. Just my opinion since I've used Norton for many years.

SoFine409, Dec 17, 2016
  5. So far I agree. From what I see on the web, Webroot has three versions and the version that is being installed on the computer being repaired does not match the front covers of the three Webroot versions. So it makes me think, I am getting one of Webroots older versions. But its no matter as I can re-install Norton with no problem.
    However, I would still consider other opinions before I make a final decision.

rjordan393, Dec 17, 2016
  6. marsmimar Win User
    *Ditto

If you've been using Norton for any length of time then you're probably familiar with its settings and how it works. There's no compelling reason to switch to a different product if Norton has been taking care of your computer(s). It's also possible that a repair facility might be getting financial considerations for pushing one brand over another. I don't mind if a computer tech gets rich, but not if it doesn't help my machine. *Wink

marsmimar, Dec 17, 2016
  7. jpolacko Win User
    *Ditto

I also have been using Norton on my Windows OS's and they have been really good.

jpolacko, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Norton Security & Anti Virus vs Webroot Internet secutity

1. Norton Security & Anti Virus vs Webroot Internet secutity - Similar Threads - Norton Security Anti

2. Norton monthly subscription for anti-virus....$10.91 ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Norton monthly subscription for anti-virus....$10.91 ?: What happened to my Norton anti-virus monthly subscription of $10.91 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/norton-monthly-subscription-for-anti-virus1091/6cbe7132-095d-4140-855b-81650805fcf8
  3. Security, Protection, Anti-virus

Security, Protection, Anti-virus: I just got a new computer. It comes with Windows Defender Antivirus. What else should I get? Where should I purchase it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/security-protection-anti-virus/1d92f470-64d9-4fd6-a26b-0c6be1f434e5
  4. logicampaignnotifier leak showing in my webroot anti virus.

logicampaignnotifier leak showing in my webroot anti virus.: logicampaignnotifier leak showing in my webroot secure anywhere anti virus How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/logicampaignnotifier-leak-showing-in-my-webroot/9ce26006-8325-490e-ac1f-ea10e8061f09
  5. NORTON Security vs Windows Defender

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    NORTON Security vs Windows Defender: I am a Windows 10 OS user. Quite happy with it's performance. However, since the very recent update 1903, I am facing slowing down of my system. I am not an IT expert but a learned user. I am being advised to remove the Norton Security system, which is a licensed version...
  6. To Norton customers with Norton Internet Security. Win10

To Norton customers with Norton Internet Security. Win10: I appreciate that the experts here dislike Norton but I need to check if any NIS users are having problems with these: 1. New Search facility (when wanting to add a snip/picture to your post) - previously all I had to do was click Search and go to my folder in my OneDrive....
  7. Security, Anti-Virus protection

Security, Anti-Virus protection: I have Viper Security installed on my Laptop, I have recently had a problem with receiving phony scams from a third party (inferring they are from Microsoft). I reported that to Microsoft Security. I now would like to switch from Viper to Defender (which is on my laptop)....
  8. Need an Anti Virus/Internet Security Package that works

Need an Anti Virus/Internet Security Package that works: I've been struggling to find an Anti Virus/Firewall/Internet Security package that is fully compatible with Windows 10, and all of my components in all of my PCs. It wasn't long ago that I was getting the Blue Screen of death regularly, and after doing a little research, I...
  9. Qustion: Norton 2016 Vs. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

Qustion: Norton 2016 Vs. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware: Hello. I got a lifetime sub. for Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) and i also have a sub. for Norton 2016. Now, can i get rid of Norton and only use MBAM and still be completely safe from viruses? (as safe as i can be with a Anti Virus). On Malwarebytes web page they...
  10. Bitdefender Internet Security vs. Norton Internet Security

Bitdefender Internet Security vs. Norton Internet Security: I would like to get some opinions regarding Bitdefender Internet Security vs. Norton Internet Security. I've been around computers a long time and I know that every time you turn around there's a new "king of the hill" when it comes to Security Software so I realize that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. geek squads webroot vs xfinitys norton antivirus