Windows 10: Not able to automatically share or bridge connection.

Discus and support Not able to automatically share or bridge connection. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have been using the windows shared internet option between two laptops (one connected trough wifi to internet and the second laptop connected... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by t0ny00, Oct 16, 2015.

1. t0ny00 Win User

Not able to automatically share or bridge connection.

Hi, I have been using the windows shared internet option between two laptops (one connected trough wifi to internet and the second laptop connected with the first one with an ethernet cable), but out of the sudden the second laptop was unable to get online. When I check the ipconfig I noticed that the mask was no longer 255.255.255.0 but 255.255.0.0 and the default gateway was blank. I switch both laptops so the second one gives internet to the first one and they work perfectly, so its definitely a problem with the first laptop and not with the second nor the cable.

I reinstall the drivers of both the wifi card and the ethernet card but still face the same outcome. I also tried bridging the connection but I still get a blank gateway in the second laptop.

PS: Static Ip configuration does solve the problem but I really need the automatic assignment of IP and gateway.

Thanks in advance.

:)

t0ny00, Oct 16, 2015

2. How to disable Wireless Network Sharing

Hi all,

Multiple questions but want to get to the base of it. I essentially use my laptop as a conduit for my internet connection to my Xbox 360. In the past I have simply bridged connections but after awhile that stopped working, and so I started to share my Wireless
    network. I upgraded to Windows 10 today from 8.1, and until today have been able to connect my Xbox to the PC and internet through at least some method, for the last several months that being a Shared Wireless network, connected ethernet cord, and disabling
    my private network firewall.

Currently it's not working and so I am trying to disable Sharing and attempt a network bridge or something else again. ICS does not normally run, but even after starting it and fulfilling my old criteria nothing continues to happen. The Sharing tab does
    not show up and I am unable to disable sharing to try a bridge again. How can I do this?

In short:

1. I need to connect my 360 to my PC, but am blocked

2. I need to find the sharing tab to get back at the bridge option

3. Figure out why my PC was blocking a bridge and Windows sharing in the first place, following updates to the OS on 8.1

Sorry if this is a bit much and unclear.

Cristiansizzle, Oct 16, 2015
  3. petrib Win User
    Setup a wireless network between nokia n80 and a notebook

In theory (haven't bothered to try), if your PC also has a fixed/broadband connection (or another Wi-Fi adapter), you should be able to set up the (or one) Wi-Fi adapter in ad-hoc mode and then use the connection sharing (routing) feature to bridge the
    Wi-Fi to the broadband (or other Wi-Fi adapter) connected to the Internet.

petrib, Oct 16, 2015
Thema:

Not able to automatically share or bridge connection.

1. Not able to automatically share or bridge connection. - Similar Threads - able automatically share

2. Network bridge “no internet connection”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network bridge “no internet connection”: Hello,I have 2 ethernet cables connected on my computer using 2 diferent systems to get ethernet from same provider, one is using one wifi repeater them connecting with cable to my computermy computer does not have wifi and the other one is using powerline, the wifi repeater...
  3. WSL2 Bridge connection to LAN.

in Windows 10 Customization
    WSL2 Bridge connection to LAN.: Installed WSL2 and I want it to get DHCP from my LAN. I do not want an internal of private network or port forwarding.It always gets an IP in the 172... range. After reboot it all seems to reset itself. aI've tried changing the vEthernet WSL adapter to External network in the...
  4. Crashing due to bridged connections.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Crashing due to bridged connections.: Hi so i keep having my pc crash due to bridged connections between normal home internet and usb thethered internet connection. Could it be that windows is just having a hard time with my mobile network? Because when i only use my phone network it doesn't seem to crash. And i...
  5. Wireless networking and "bridge" connections

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless networking and "bridge" connections: I have an HP 22" touchscreen desktop running Windows 10 Pro. By the way, the way I upgraded this which used to be a "Win10 Home" machine, was my friend brought an old computer just the midsize tower not the monitor or anything. But the tower had a product key printed right...
  6. Bridging network connections

Bridging network connections: Hello, I am trying to bridged my mobile internet connection which is connected to laptop via usb to my router which is connected to my laptop via ethernet. The connection works fine as I am able to connect to my router and have internet access! The issue is after running in...
  7. network bridge connection

network bridge connection: I set network bridge connection with my friend to share internet. It worked without any problems till yesterday when I came home I saw a triangle with a explanation mark on it with words "network unidentified". What could happen? I can work on the computer but without the...
  8. Trouble with bridged network connection.

Trouble with bridged network connection.: I've got a Windows 10 pc here connected via a wired connection and sometimes my friend comes over and we play games, also on a windows 10 pc. Normally to give him internet access I put a network cable between my pc and his through my second ethernet port (the motherboard...
  9. Issues with bridging connections

Issues with bridging connections: Hey everybody, Just been having an issue with bridged connections. I work from home, but the home unit my job provided doesn't have a wireless function. To get around it (I'm in a small apartment and there's just not a way to realistically get the unit over to the router),...
  10. ICS Help: No Interet Across Shared/Bridged Connection

ICS Help: No Interet Across Shared/Bridged Connection: The facts: Host Computer Clean W10pro installation from scratch. No upgrade. Quad Core intel @ 3.??ghz with 4GB on an intel board. Basic workhorse machine. Windows is up to date and nothing else has been installed to the machine. No changes to OS from defaults upon...