Windows 10: Not able to change RAM timings

Discus and support Not able to change RAM timings in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have just installed a new set of 4 x 8GB G Skill TridentX 2400 CL10 memory sticks. The sticks will only run at 2133mhz 10-10-12-31 no matter what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tharayman, Oct 26, 2016.

1. Tharayman Win User

Not able to change RAM timings

I have just installed a new set of 4 x 8GB G Skill TridentX 2400 CL10 memory sticks.
    The sticks will only run at 2133mhz 10-10-12-31 no matter what XMP i choose or what numbers I manually enter in bios. And no, they will not run stable with those timings *Sad Guessing it must be a motherboard/bios problem?

System:
    Asrock Z77 Pro4 Bios version 1.80
    I5 2500K running@stock

Not able to change RAM timings [​IMG]

Not able to change RAM timings [​IMG]

:)

Tharayman, Oct 26, 2016

2. cannot change lock timings

@Ashish_NZ Hi. You're referring to the Screen times out feature, right? Do you mean the option to activate this feature and the password is grayed
    out? Is the phone's SW updated: Settings > phone update > check for updates? It is also recommended to update the system settings by going to Store > ... > settings > check for updates. If these fixes will not work, suggest rebooting the phone by pressing
    & holding the volume down & the power keys for 10-15 sec. We'll wait for your feedback.

HDcoffeeko, Oct 26, 2016
  3. Ashish_NZ Win User
    cannot change lock timings

I am unable to change the lock screen timings of my Nokia 1320. Also I am unable to use the password feature as both the password option and lock timings are being displayed as read only.

Ashish_NZ, Oct 26, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

Just a question: are you trying to overclock the hardware, make it perform faster than designed? RAM will usually "fall back" to slower speeds required by the motherboard but ramping up to faster speeds can be problematic.

Berton, Oct 26, 2016
  5. bobkn Win User
    I see that 1.80 is the latest BIOS that Asrock has for your board.

Have you tried just using 2 DIMMs? (See your manual: put them in slots A1 and B1, or A2 and B2.) It's possible that the board won't run at the rated frequency with this RAM in all 4 slots.

I don't know why your manual RAM settings aren't sticking. My Asrock MB has a setting on the main screen that allows manual setting, but I see nothing like that in the manual for your board.

bobkn, Oct 26, 2016
  6. Tharayman Win User
    Not at all. I just want my system to be stable again. Have even reset the bios back to UEFI defaults, but it did not help.

Will try with just two sticks and see if it`s possible to change the timings then.

Tharayman, Oct 26, 2016
  7. Berton Win User
    I see. Of all the computers I've built since the Pentiums came out I've not had a problem using the recommended RAM modules and the default settings in the BIOS, but then I've not gotten around to building one from scratch using UEFI. It is possible to have RAM modules that don't work in particular board. My favorite is Crucial.com - DRAM, solid state drive (SSD) memory upgrades for Dell, Mac, Apple, HP, Compaq, Lenovo, Acer, ASUS , only had one problem since '98 and learned that a Dell Dimension 2300 Series did not include a Dell Dimension 2350 computer, different modules, but Crucial didn't quibble about replacing cross-shipment no additional cost, maybe who you got the memory from does the same.

Another thing, when I suspicion hardware issues I boot to a late-version of Linux LiveDVD [usually Mint 17 or 18 or maybe Ubuntu/Kubuntu] and test, eliminates the possibility of the installed OS being an issue or confirms it.

Berton, Oct 26, 2016
  8. Tharayman Win User

Dell computers are a special breed. Cant really be compared to enthusiast built systems *Smile My favorite modules are the ones that give highest bang for buck at any given moment *Wink
    Tried running only two sticks: same problem.
    Tried with a set of Corsair Vengeance XMS3 modules 2133mhz 11-11-11-27. Could not adjust timings on those either! So they are also "forced" ro run at 10-10-12-31 with resulting fail at memtest86.

This is bad!

Tharayman, Oct 27, 2016
  9. AddRAM Win User
    Must be the board then, I had no trouble running a 4 x 4 set of Trident X at 2400 MHz on my Sabertooth Z77 or the Z87, great set of memory.

But according to the specs they should run at 2400 no problem, but I`d look into that XMP 1.2 / 1.3 detail.

AddRAM, Oct 27, 2016
  10. Tharayman Win User
    Just "hardcleared" the cmos using the jumper(remember how that used to be a normal procedure), and now I can sett my own timings!
    Seems like the I5 memory controller only supports 2133mhz. But maybe I can squeese something on the timings instead *Smile

Tharayman, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Not able to change RAM timings - Similar Threads - able change RAM

2. Parameter "Changed" in RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Parameter "Changed" in RAM: For a long time I noticed that after an hour of computer work 400-500 megabytes are accumulated in the parameter "Changed" and are not unloaded anywhere and are there right up to the end of work at the computer and so continues for a long time.Can I somehow find out what is...
  3. Parameter "Changed" in RAM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Parameter "Changed" in RAM: For a long time I noticed that after an hour of computer work 400-500 megabytes are accumulated in the parameter "Changed" and are not unloaded anywhere and are there right up to the end of work at the computer and so continues for a long time.Can I somehow find out what is...
  4. Parameter "Changed" in RAM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Not able to synchronize the time.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not able to synchronize the time.: I am facing this issue after installing ubuntu Linux. How can I fix this.this started causing trouble when I disabled device encryptionbitlocker> https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-synchronize-the-time/57cca531-48f1-4cbe-8f97-ef18492edac6
  6. Not able to synchronize the time.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to synchronize the time.: I am facing this issue after installing ubuntu Linux. How can I fix this.this started causing trouble when I disabled device encryptionbitlocker> https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-synchronize-the-time/57cca531-48f1-4cbe-8f97-ef18492edac6
  7. BIOS showing a RAM change on boot despite no RAM change

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BIOS showing a RAM change on boot despite no RAM change: submitted by /u/CarryTheBoat [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ksl6e9/bios_showing_a_ram_change_on_boot_despite_no_ram/
  8. Not able to use full Ram

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Not able to use full Ram: Hey guys I am facing a problem that i am only able to use 6 gb of ram out of 8 gb and i cant figure out how to solve this issue i tried resolving it in the bios but i cant i am using a hp ec 15...
  9. Changing RAM Settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Changing RAM Settings: i need help changing my RAM's settings. I have 16gb of RAM and my computer has it set on 8gb. How do I change the settings to set it on 16gb? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-ram-settings/d60ed76a-b79d-4e7e-bfd0-82e3007f9676
  10. RAM Memory Change

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RAM Memory Change: Sir, Can Anyone advise.I buy 2nd hand HP Elite book Folio 9470m at first when i buy i check the configuration of RAM it was 8 GB with 500 GB HDD then after a few days My laptop suddenly appears Bootable Disc Not Found i learned from Comp.Technician that my HDD have...