Windows 10: Not able to connect to IPv6

Discus and support Not able to connect to IPv6 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have an ipv6 address assigned to be by my server but my computer is not able to get ipv6 connectivity. My Ethernet interfaces do not show up in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by srao, Sep 28, 2016.

1. srao Win User

Not able to connect to IPv6

I have an ipv6 address assigned to be by my server but my computer is not able to get ipv6 connectivity.
    My Ethernet interfaces do not show up in the command prompt either

Not able to connect to IPv6 [​IMG]

:)

2. baloo32 Win User

Windows 10 -- Connected to WiFi but No Internet...

I've had similar style issues affecting laptops and PCs (and iPads) over WiFi.

It may not be related but the issue stemmed from my router enabling IPv6 - which seems to allow connection to the router and other machines on the network, but not able to browse the internet.

Two things to try:

Give the device connecting to WiFi a static IP address (rather than relying on DHCP) under the IPv4 connection settings.

Disable IPv6 - untick the Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) on the network adapter.

You could also try to see if you can disable IPv6 support directly on your router...

baloo32, Sep 28, 2016
  3. rapierra Win User
    Not able to connect to internet

for your help!!! if think the problem is related with this latest software!! i got also the phone and this problem still persist up to now!!!! i can't connect to internet via other application other than the default opera!!! I even try to update this default
    browser but the connection failed!!!

rapierra, Sep 28, 2016
  4. srao Win User

5. bro67 Win User
    Keep in mind that only Homegroup uses IPv6 at this time.

bro67, Sep 29, 2016
  6. Saltgrass Win User
    I don't think this is true anymore since I show several IPv6 connections. I do have a Router and Service Provider which support IPv6.

Saltgrass, Sep 30, 2016
  7. bro67 Win User
    Quit true. In order to use IPv6 with IPv4, you have to do what is called Dual Stack. Otherwise IPv6 does nothing. You have to have a LAN that you need to decide if you want Native IPv4, Native IPv6 or 6:4 Tunnel, DNS 4:6, DNS 6:4.

There is a thread that I posted information on about this same subject, with why you have to be very well versed in knowing how to properly handle IPv6 IP scheme.

After 18 years we are no farther with IPv6 as the White Paper. Very little adoption rate by countries. Those who are using it Native, are doing so with a VPN between two points.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Not able to connect to IPv6 - Similar Threads - able connect IPv6

2. Connectivity IPv4/IPv6: Disconnected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connectivity IPv4/IPv6: Disconnected: Name: EthernetDescription: Realtek PCIe GbE Family ControllerPhysical address MAC: 9c:7b:ef:20:8e:79Status: Not operationalMaximum transmission unit: 1500IPv4 address: 169.254.172.34/16IPv6 address: fe80::7899:cb42:47f:280a%8/64DNS servers: fec0:0:0:ffff::1%1,...
  3. IPv6 Heisenberg connectivity?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IPv6 Heisenberg connectivity?: Hello. So I have a Windows machine that has IPv6 connectivity, yet Windows is claiming that it doesn't.On test-ipv6.com I'm getting 10/10. On ipv6-test.com, both on that machine and on another Windows machine which goes through the same main router for the Internet purpose,...
  4. IPv6 Heisenberg connectivity?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    IPv6 Heisenberg connectivity?: Hello. So I have a Windows machine that has IPv6 connectivity, yet Windows is claiming that it doesn't.On test-ipv6.com I'm getting 10/10. On ipv6-test.com, both on that machine and on another Windows machine which goes through the same main router for the Internet purpose,...
  5. IPv6 Heisenberg connectivity?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. IPv6 connectivity is dropping but not IPv4

IPv6 connectivity is dropping but not IPv4: I work with many open SSH sessions at least six using tmux. After a few hours, the sessions to IPv6 addresses are dropping. The ones to IPv4 are not. I am able to confirm that I have lost all IPv6 connectivity using the site https://test-ipv6.com/ Using ipConfig, I see...
  7. IPv6 connectivity no external connection

IPv6 connectivity no external connection: Despite getting email and google I can't install some programmes as I am told it is not online. Have checked the Wi-Fi connection but no result....
  8. ipv6 connectivity

ipv6 connectivity: hi all windows 10 users how to get ipv6 to connect acer E1-570. in my network and sharing it shows ipv4 internet connected but ipv6 says no internet connection do I need to have ipv6 connected and is it important my internet is fine l dont understand this any help welcome...
  9. IPv4 and IPv6 Connectivity?

IPv4 and IPv6 Connectivity?: Hi, I did a clean install of my Win10 Home about a week ago and it all turned out for the good. However, tonight while nosing around my Network Connections I notice I am connected to the Internet by Ethernet (Realtek PCle GBF Family Controller) which I thought I was since...
  10. IPV6 connectivity problems

IPV6 connectivity problems: Are there any people around here with IPV6 experience? I've got a Fritzbox 7490 and my provider supports IPV6 by a 6RD tunnel. I'm pretty sure that the connection to the provider works since the Fritzbox web interface shows IPV6 as "connected" and it also shows an address and...