Windows 10: Not able to launch any game in fullscreen without pc freezing

Discus and support Not able to launch any game in fullscreen without pc freezing in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Whenever i launch a game that i have enabled full-screen on, my computer simply freezes and i can't do anything other than to force shut-down my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Bamojo, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Bamojo Win User

Not able to launch any game in fullscreen without pc freezing

Whenever i launch a game that i have enabled full-screen on, my computer simply freezes and i can't do anything other than to force shut-down my computer by holding down the power button.
    This started to happen after i changed from Gtx 680 to Gtx 1070.
    All my drivers are in the newest version (i installed all the newest ones 1 hour before making this post and games still crashed)
    However i am able to play games in windowed or borderless mode without any problems.

:)

Bamojo, Dec 7, 2016

2. How do I screenshot a fullscreen program/game?

I always used to be able to use 'print screen' to screenshot anything, including fullscreen games, but a while ago, it stopped working.

I can still get screenshots of windowed programs, and the desktop, but fullscreen programs or games just end up with a big white box instead of a screenshot.

Is there any way to get it working again without installing any software?

Estragon Helmer, Dec 7, 2016
  3. Entegy Win User
    sub windows

This is normal behaviour for a full screen game. If the game has a fullscreen borderless mode, you will need to use that to be able to switch apps without minimizing the game.

Entegy, Dec 7, 2016
Thema:

Not able to launch any game in fullscreen without pc freezing

1. Not able to launch any game in fullscreen without pc freezing - Similar Threads - able launch game

2. Gears5 game freezes on launching

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gears5 game freezes on launching: I have Ryzen 3600/Radeon RX5700., was able to play game till 2 weeks back. Now after launching the game when I click campaign or benchmark or anything the game freezes and windows task manager shows as game not responding. I installed the game with xbox game pass. I...
  3. Game Pass games not launching on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Pass games not launching on PC: I bought the PC Game Pass about one month and a half ago, and I started using it with no problems; my 3 main games were Sea of Thieves, Gears of War 4 and Dead Rising 4, and I could play them all with no issues being present. About two weeks ago, I updated my GPU drivers...
  4. Crackdown 3 PC Game not launching

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crackdown 3 PC Game not launching: So crackdown 3 is finally here but I cannot play the game. Everytime I launch the game this window pops up and closes after about one minute or so. Does the same thing when I try to launch wrecking zone. Windows and all drivers are up to date and pc is well above system...
  5. Black screen while launching games in fullscreen in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen while launching games in fullscreen in windows 10: Hey, This is really annoying. I haven't used my laptop (windows 10) for about a month. Since then every game I try to open, opens only on window mode and works perfectly but when I switch to fullscreen mode (alt+enter). The screen turns enitrely black and the audio is...
  6. Not able to find any games, as-well as not being able to sync any saves.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not able to find any games, as-well as not being able to sync any saves.: This is hard to explain. This only seems to happen in games I have played previously - Forza Horizon 3 and Motorsport 7... Not Horizon 4 though. My first assumption as to why I wasn't able to play any games was Teredo, and surely enough some parameters were not in it's...
  7. Game crashes without any error.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game crashes without any error.: Bought The Witcher 3 finally. Been playing then the crash occurs. There's no error. Game just freezes but the audio still goes and responds to inputs. When I press escape or alt tab, I go straight to desktop and the game just closes. Happening frequently now. Went to event...
  8. PC Freezes during Gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Freezes during Gaming: Good morning everybody *Smile During this week I encountered a serious problem with my Laptop. While playing games it freezes and the sound starts to stutter. The only way out is to shut down the PC with the power button. This happens randomly, therfore I can play 20...
  9. BSoD as soon as I launch any game

BSoD as soon as I launch any game: Hello, I've posted a similar message on Nvidia forums, as I'm not sure what the problem is... Anyway, I've been experiencing a weird problem with my GTX 770 since yesterday: as soon as I launch a game, my screen turn black and I'm often forced to reboot my PC. Sometimes...
  10. BSOD/ Freeze When Playing Games or Watching Youtube Fullscreen

BSOD/ Freeze When Playing Games or Watching Youtube Fullscreen: I've tried so many things to no avail. Finally came to my senses to post on a forum. 40871