Windows 10: Not able to launch any game in fullscreen without pc freezing

Discus and support Not able to launch any game in fullscreen without pc freezing in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Whenever i launch a game that i have enabled full-screen on, my computer simply freezes and i can't do anything other than to force shut-down my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Bamojo, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Bamojo Win User

Not able to launch any game in fullscreen without pc freezing

Whenever i launch a game that i have enabled full-screen on, my computer simply freezes and i can't do anything other than to force shut-down my computer by holding down the power button.
    This started to happen after i changed from Gtx 680 to Gtx 1070.
    All my drivers are in the newest version (i installed all the newest ones 1 hour before making this post and games still crashed)
    However i am able to play games in windowed or borderless mode without any problems.

:)

Bamojo, Dec 7, 2016

2. How do I screenshot a fullscreen program/game?

I always used to be able to use 'print screen' to screenshot anything, including fullscreen games, but a while ago, it stopped working.

I can still get screenshots of windowed programs, and the desktop, but fullscreen programs or games just end up with a big white box instead of a screenshot.

Is there any way to get it working again without installing any software?

Estragon Helmer, Dec 7, 2016
  3. Entegy Win User
    sub windows

This is normal behaviour for a full screen game. If the game has a fullscreen borderless mode, you will need to use that to be able to switch apps without minimizing the game.

Entegy, Dec 7, 2016
Thema:

Not able to launch any game in fullscreen without pc freezing

1. Not able to launch any game in fullscreen without pc freezing - Similar Threads - able launch game

2. Cannot launch any game

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot launch any game: Hi if someone know what is the problem please write it. I bought a new GPU an RX570 8gb. I downloaded the driver, and everything was working right. Then I saw on youtube that I should uninstall the old GPU from my PC with DDU. I did but not in safe mod, and when I restarted...
  3. game freezes after launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    game freezes after launch: I am currently having this issue where some games I play freeze straight after launched and i am still able to hear the game music and main menu sounds. but when i tab out and move my mouse around. it moves in game? so it seems like my game is frozen when tabbed In but when i...
  4. game freezes after launch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    game freezes after launch: I am currently having this issue where some games I play freeze straight after launched and i am still able to hear the game music and main menu sounds. but when i tab out and move my mouse around. it moves in game? so it seems like my game is frozen when tabbed In but when i...
  5. PC freezes while launching games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezes while launching games: Dear,My PC freezes when starting Roblox and League of Legends, but doesnt freeze when i play other games. I tried many things but nothing helped. When it freezes alt + f4 and ctrl + alt + del doesnt work. This started 4 months ago. Please help!Thanks...
  6. PC freezes while launching games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC freezes while launching games: Dear,My PC freezes when starting Roblox and League of Legends, but doesnt freeze when i play other games. I tried many things but nothing helped. When it freezes alt + f4 and ctrl + alt + del doesnt work. This started 4 months ago. Please help!Thanks...
  7. PC Crash/Reboot/Freeze on Video Game Launch

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Crash/Reboot/Freeze on Video Game Launch: Hello, I built a PC 3 years ago, and haven't had many issues. All of a sudden now when I try to launch a video game my PC either freezes or reboots within the first 3 minutes of launching. Tried multiple games to make sure it wasn't a specific game issue. Specs: OS:...
  8. games not launching in fullscreen

in Windows 10 Customization
    games not launching in fullscreen: one of the weirdest problems with windows im on windows 10 i have ever seen my, laptop will launch a game perfectly fine in fullscreen on my laptop display but on my 2nd monitor it will launch it with a border even though the in game menu is set to full screen my laptops...
  9. pc freezing whenever i try to launch any game. (Windows related?)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    pc freezing whenever i try to launch any game. (Windows related?): The last few days for me have been a nightmare, i’m pretty new to pc building and stuff around that, but about a year and a half ago i bought a cheap pc off offerup, and the gpu was in desperate need of an upgrade (gt 740) of course i still used it for a while, all was well....
  10. Gears5 game freezes on launching

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gears5 game freezes on launching: I have Ryzen 3600/Radeon RX5700., was able to play game till 2 weeks back. Now after launching the game when I click campaign or benchmark or anything the game freezes and windows task manager shows as game not responding. I installed the game with xbox game pass. I...