Windows 10: Not able to post to Facebook

Discus and support Not able to post to Facebook in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Something is definitely wrong. I never accept third party cookies, all browsers, and reluctantly accept first party. Still worth the test. First... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Fred22, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Not able to post to Facebook

Something is definitely wrong.

I never accept third party cookies, all browsers, and reluctantly accept first party. Still worth the test.

First if you click on Privacy, then in the History section about four boxes down is the line "Accept cookies ...." and one line below that is "Accept third-party...." If you are not seeing these lines then something has intervened into browser.

So back to add-ons, extensions and plugins. Before we go any further is your profile folder backed up. Don't want, and should not have had the issues you had last time.

So once copied somewhere safe, click on Option, upper left. In the popout window there should be a square marked "Add-ons". looks like a puzzle piece. Click.

You said you could not start in Firefox Safe mode... another orange with tints of Red indicator. Anyway, on left you should see the words Extensions, Appearance, Plugins and Services.

You should audit and understand what each does. In most sections you can disable.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Mar 21, 2017
  2. Fred22 Win User

Not able to post to Facebook [​IMG]

This is what I see under Privacy and History.

Fred22, Mar 22, 2017
  3. Oh sorry. My error. See in your screen shot under History. Click beside "Remember history" on the little arrow and select "Use Custom Settings for History. This will give you access to Cookies.

Now how about those Extensions, Plug-ins etc?

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Not able to post to Facebook

1. Not able to post to Facebook - Similar Threads - able post Facebook

2. Cannot create post on my Facebook Timeline

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot create post on my Facebook Timeline: When I use Facebook on Windows 10, either from www.facebook.com or from Mircosoft App Facebook,I cannot create a post on may Timeline. I cannot share my post. Posting is disabled. But I can post on other people Timeline.On the other hand, on my cell phone I can do everything....
  3. Cannot create post on my Facebook Timeline

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot create post on my Facebook Timeline: When I use Facebook on Windows 10, either from www.facebook.com or from Mircosoft App Facebook,I cannot create a post on may Timeline. I cannot share my post. Posting is disabled. But I can post on other people Timeline.On the other hand, on my cell phone I can do everything....
  4. Viewing earlier posts in Facebook groups

in Browsers and Email
    Viewing earlier posts in Facebook groups: Does anyone know how to display earlier posts in groups on FB I am a member of various different groups and can only see the top 3 or most most recent subjects/posts on some groups, and am unable to see older posts This only seems to have developed in the last week and only...
  5. posting my photos on facebook

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    posting my photos on facebook: I kmow how to post works fine on Windows 7 but will not post on Windows ten https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/posting-my-photos-on-facebook/2a0a4217-677e-435d-be8b-6afbd363cd16"
  6. Posting a file on facebook

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Posting a file on facebook: How do I post a file of photos on my family's facebook page? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/posting-a-file-on-facebook/4a2aca7c-0c33-4c17-9562-d86d9942dfaf"
  7. Error messages while posting videos on Facebook

in Browsers and Email
    Error messages while posting videos on Facebook: [img] I've been getting this error message for the last 3 or 4 days while attempting to post videos on Facebook. I'm running Chrome as my default browser, so I changed to Firefox but still got the same message. I've contacted Facebook re this issue for the last few days to...
  8. Problems posting on Facebook with Firefox.

in Browsers and Email
    Problems posting on Facebook with Firefox.: I'd stopped using Firefox on my laptop for several month's due to multiple issues. However, yesterday I opened FF and everything was working fine. I started posting on FB and everything worked perfectly, then one of my posts just disappeared (the primary reason I stopped...
  9. cannot post photos on any part of facebook

in Browsers and Email
    cannot post photos on any part of facebook: this problem starte a few days ago. when trying to figure out what might have changed, i realized i had changed firefox to 64 bit. however, the problem also occurs on chrome. i cannot post photos to my timeline, friends' timelines, in comments or in messages. see...
  10. Privacy notice post spreading on Facebook a hoax

in Windows 10 News
    Privacy notice post spreading on Facebook a hoax: Beware: a hoax post is currently making the rounds on the Facebook website, which is unwittingly shared by its many users, according to reports from security blogger Graham Cluley. Hoax posts have taken on different looks and forms around Facebook, and have been around for...