Windows 10: Not able to press keyboard to get from lock screen to password screen

Discus and support Not able to press keyboard to get from lock screen to password screen in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Since the latest update (It introduced the slide show of pictures on the lock screen. I think it is KB3124200) I haven't been able to press Enter or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by eirikff, Dec 19, 2015.

1. eirikff Win User

Not able to press keyboard to get from lock screen to password screen

Since the latest update (It introduced the slide show of pictures on the lock screen. I think it is KB3124200) I haven't been able to press Enter or Space or any other key for that matter to "slide up" the lock screen photo to get to the password screen. I've looked through the lock screen settings, but I see nothing that could prevent this. Does anyone know why this is and a possible fix for it?

Thanks in advance!

:)

eirikff, Dec 19, 2015

2. Windows 10 Lockscreen not responding to keyboard

Using the mouse is not the preferred method to get to the password screen as my hands go straight to keyboard to type my password. There are also no issues with the functionality of my keyboard as I am able to type my password after I get pass the first
    screen. Windows just seems to be ignoring keyboard input on that lock screen. I've also noticed if I lock my computer and try using my keyboard to proceed to the password screen it works if less than a few minutes has elapsed since the computer was locked.
    After 10-20 minutes of inactivity the keyboard no longer will take you to the password screen.

Update:

Additional note, using the keyboard dismisses the screen saver and turns the monitors on.

pball_inuyasha, Dec 19, 2015
  3. Account Login Issues in Windows 10

Hi,

I realize that you are unable to get to the desktop screen. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to plug in an external keyboard to the laptop to check if you are able to type the password and get to the desktop screen.

If you are not able to login to using the Microsoft account then ensure that you are typing the password correctly. Make sure that Caps Lock is turned off and that your email address is spelled correctly to try again.

Suggest you to use the onscreen keyboard to check if you are able to type the password and get to the desktop screen. To open the OSK from the sign-in screen, select the Ease of Access button in the lower-right corner of the sign-in screen, and
    then select On-Screen Keyboard.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Dec 19, 2015
  4. eirikff Win User

Okay, I think I've figured out a solution.

What I did was right click the desktop and choose "Personalize", then choose "Lock Screen" and switch "Show Windows background picture on the sign-in screen" to "Off".

I have no idea as to why this would change anything, but it did solve my problem, and I don't need the Windows logo background, so I'm happy!

Hope this help

eirikff, Dec 20, 2015
  5. eirikff Win User
    Oops, no, nevermind. What I did over didn't solve my problem after all. It seems to only occur after the screen's gone black after I've locked the screen (Win+L).

eirikff, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Not able to press keyboard to get from lock screen to password screen - Similar Threads - able press keyboard

2. Removing Password from Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing Password from Lock Screen: Whenever i open my laptop i always have to sign in to my microsoft account. Even whenever i turn off the sleep mode i have to sign in and type my password. I want to turn off the password option.I am using windows 11....
  3. Removing Password from Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing Password from Lock Screen: Whenever i open my laptop i always have to sign in to my microsoft account. Even whenever i turn off the sleep mode i have to sign in and type my password. I want to turn off the password option.I am using windows 11....
  4. Lock screen Keyboard

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lock screen Keyboard: I keep getting this keyboard shoved in my face every time I turn on or wake my pc from sleep. I know it's definitely not the onscreen keyboard. Can someone please help me fix it?...
  5. Lock screen Keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock screen Keyboard: I keep getting this keyboard shoved in my face every time I turn on or wake my pc from sleep. I know it's definitely not the onscreen keyboard. Can someone please help me fix it?...
  6. Lock screen Keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. On screen keyboard on lock screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    On screen keyboard on lock screen: Hello, so everytime I'd enter my pin it would show this. Yes, it'd be gone if I press enter but it was still very annoying. I tried to disable the on screen keyboard but it still happen. Thank you....
  8. Keyboard&Lock-Screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Keyboard&Lock-Screen: i can't type my PIN by keyboard. so i have to open the on-screen keyboard. i think my keyboard have problem, but no. Then I could come in my computer and I very suprise that everything is going well. my keyboard still run with anything like I'm typing now. So the problem in...
  9. key press does NOT change lock screen to password screen on win start

in Windows 10 Support
    key press does NOT change lock screen to password screen on win start: When I boot my win 10 HP Envy 17 laptop it enters the lockscreen mode which is normal. Next I have to get to the password field screen to enter my PIN after which the laptop will continue to my username desktop My issue is that when I press any keyboard key this transition...
  10. lock screen password

in Windows 10 Customization
    lock screen password: I don't want to have to enter a password on computer startup. How do I get rid of this requirement. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen-password/3f9bb64b-8cde-4b98-883e-2675817b5dba

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i am not able to pass of the lock screen