Windows 10: Not able to set automatically detect proxy in LAN settings

Discus and support Not able to set automatically detect proxy in LAN settings in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In LAN settings in internet options, I can't change any of the options, if i select the checkbox to automatically detect the proxy settings, clicking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by peter5223, Apr 14, 2017.

1. peter5223 Win User

Not able to set automatically detect proxy in LAN settings

In LAN settings in internet options, I can't change any of the options, if i select the checkbox to automatically detect the proxy settings, clicking the OK button does nothing. In Proxy settings inside windows settings I can toggle "Automatically detect settings" but it reverts as soon as I back out. So proxy settings aren't saved.

I have scanned my PC using malwarebytes; this isn't a virus. I've tried a network reset to no avail. How should I enable automatic proxy detection settings (or any proxy settings), can I edit settings in the registry manually?

Thanks in advance.

:)

peter5223, Apr 14, 2017
  2. bzubrick Win User

Windows Store 2015.8.12.1 on Windows Core(Home) 0x803F7000 error

Rajeshwari_Patil,

not using proxy server, LAN settings is set to automatically detect settings and configuration script is unchecked.

bzubrick, Apr 14, 2017
  3. Teddy2016 Win User
    Windows store 10 app : Check your connection, All fixed?

Hi!

un-check automatic detect settings. Use proxy for LAN will then be active.

Teddy2016, Apr 14, 2017
Thema:

Not able to set automatically detect proxy in LAN settings

1. Not able to set automatically detect proxy in LAN settings - Similar Threads - able set automatically

2. Need to Turn Off the "Automatically Detect Setting" in Proxy Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to Turn Off the "Automatically Detect Setting" in Proxy Settings: Hi, I have a requirement of turning off the "Automatically Detect Setting" in Proxy Settings in Windows 10.I need to know whether there are any impacts for users if i turn it OFF.Regards,Mujahith...
  3. Need to Turn Off the "Automatically Detect Setting" in Proxy Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need to Turn Off the "Automatically Detect Setting" in Proxy Settings: Hi, I have a requirement of turning off the "Automatically Detect Setting" in Proxy Settings in Windows 10.I need to know whether there are any impacts for users if i turn it OFF.Regards,Mujahith...
  4. Need to Turn Off the "Automatically Detect Setting" in Proxy Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Was the Proxy default setting in windows 10 always set to "Automatically detect settings"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Was the Proxy default setting in windows 10 always set to "Automatically detect settings": Just not sure if it was intentionally supposed to be on submitted by /u/ravenomega [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lys08k/was_the_proxy_default_setting_in_windows_10/
  6. Proxy "automatically detect proxy settings" keeps turning itself off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Proxy "automatically detect proxy settings" keeps turning itself off: Ok so it all started when I couldn't join my friends on Forza Horizon 4, I found that teredo couldn't start, as I searched for answers I found I needed to turn on "automatically detect proxy settings" in the proxy area. what's strange is that as soon as I turn it on and go to...
  7. "Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings" despite no proxy

"Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings" despite no proxy: Hello - Lately I've been running into an issue where Windows displays a "Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings". I have tried many of the fixes displayed on other websites and troubleshooters - I am able to do most of these fixes flushing the...
  8. Windows 10: Could not automatically detect proxy settings

Windows 10: Could not automatically detect proxy settings: For about a week now my PC and Laptop have both been unable to automatically detect the proxy settings. I've tried every single possible solution to no avail. I've made sure the options to auto-obtain the proxy settings, tried updating/rolling back/re-installing the network...
  9. LAN Settings in Proxy Settings

LAN Settings in Proxy Settings: I have an ethernet connection for my internet in which I have to use LAN settings in Proxy settings in chrome due to which I am not able to use the internet in any app except google chrome. FYI, for google chrome too I have to go through squid authentication to access...
  10. Windows couldnt automatically detect proxy settings

Windows couldnt automatically detect proxy settings: When trying to connect to router it does connect but internet doesnt work. Running troubleshoot says that windows couldnt automatically detect proxy settings. Ive tried resettting winsock and ipv4 in command prompt and problem still persist. Ive also checked my drivers and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Not able to set automatically detect proxy in LAN settings