Windows 10: Not activated

Discus and support Not activated in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So I had the preview build, after windows 10 was officially released I was told all I had to do was install Windows 10 final version and skip when it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by RealPetChicken, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Not activated

So I had the preview build, after windows 10 was officially released I was told all I had to do was install Windows 10 final version and skip when it asked for a serial. Checking everything, it has activated at all.

I tried this with my windows tablet same process other than coming for a preview build I was coming from Windows 8.1 and it was activated when I installed windows 10 final version.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

:)

RealPetChicken, Jul 31, 2015

2. windows not activated

I updated my windows 7 to W10 pro (free update)and it says what should I do?

Moved from: Windows/Windows 10/Security & privacy/PC

windows is not activated, Jul 31, 2015
  3. Activated Windows 10 System Suddenly "Not Activated"...

If you have your Windows 10 key, you can try reactivating by chat support:

Activate Your Windows 10 License via Microsoft Chat
    Support

You can also perform a repair upgrade to see if that helps:

How
    to: perform a repair upgrade using the Windows 10 ISO file

How to find a product key:

Windows 8.0, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 came preinstalled on my computer, how do I find the product key?

Press Windows key + X

Click Command Prompt (admin)

Enter the following command:

wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey

Hit Enter

The product key will be revealed, copy the product key then enter it

Click Start > Settings > Update & security
    > Activation > Change the product key then enter the new product key then click
    Next to Activate

If you are unable to activate Windows 10 after all the above and you are certain you have the correct edition installed, then please attempt phone activation:

Activate Your Windows 10 License via Microsoft Chat Support

Windows 7 came preinstalled on my computer, how do I find the product key?

The product key is usually located on the COA sticker attached to the bottom of your laptop or in the battery compartment. In some rare cases it can also be found in the memory compartment. For tower systems, look at the top or the side of the system unit. It
    looks like the following:

Not activated [​IMG]

If the Certificate of Authenticity (COA) sticker is damaged or letters or not legible, you will have to consider the following options:

• Use a digital camera to capture a picture of the COA then enlarge it on your computer.

• If the COA sticker is damaged, then you would need to use the recovery partition to reinstall Windows 7, this will exempt the need to use the product key to activate your Windows 7 installation.

• If your recovery partition is not available or damaged, you should
      contact the manufacturer
      of your computer and request a recovery disc set you can use to reinstall Windows 7. They might charge a small shipping and handling fee. This will exempt the need to use the product key also.

• If none of the above options work or is not available, then its best you purchase a new Windows 10 license:
    Buy Windows 10 Home/Pro

I bought a retail box copy of Windows 7 or Windows 8 or Windows 8.1; where do I find the product key?

For Windows 7, the product key can be located on a pamphlet in inside the Windows 7 box.

Not activated [​IMG]

For Windows 8 or Windows 8.1, the product key can found on a small business size card inside the Windows 8 box.

Not activated [​IMG]

Andre Da Costa, Jul 31, 2015
Thema:

Not activated

1. Not activated - Similar Threads - activated

2. Windows 10 - activation without phone and without internet connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - activation without phone and without internet connection: Hello,I would like to automate the process of activating windows without calling the center and without internet connection.So I can use a script to deploy all the devices that I have without doing this **** call.Thanks in advance,Arthur...
  3. Windows 10 - activation without phone and without internet connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 - activation without phone and without internet connection: Hello,I would like to automate the process of activating windows without calling the center and without internet connection.So I can use a script to deploy all the devices that I have without doing this **** call.Thanks in advance,Arthur...
  4. Windows 10 - activation without phone and without internet connection

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 7 Pro w/SP1 x64 won't activate after new installation due to disc drive died.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 Pro w/SP1 x64 won't activate after new installation due to disc drive died.: I have an old desktop computer that has had Windows 7 Pro x64 installed on it for years. I know Windows 7 is no longer supported. I use this computer for backups and data. The hardware is incompatible with newer Windows versions. The discdrive died. I've installed a new...
  6. Windows 7 Pro w/SP1 x64 won't activate after new installation due to disc drive died.

Windows 7 Pro w/SP1 x64 won't activate after new installation due to disc drive died.: I have an old desktop computer that has had Windows 7 Pro x64 installed on it for years. I know Windows 7 is no longer supported. I use this computer for backups and data. The hardware is incompatible with newer Windows versions. The discdrive died. I've installed a new...
  7. Windows 11 Pro Swedish 64-bit says I need to activate windows after a windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro Swedish 64-bit says I need to activate windows after a windows update: Problem: I bought my license of Windows 11 Pro Swedish 64-bit in February 2023. It has worked fine until a recent Windows update. After that, it suddenly nags me to activate Windows. When I go to activation it says, translated: "Windows reported that no product key was found...
  8. Windows 10 too many activations on the same device?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 too many activations on the same device?: I've had my computer since 2014 and it's had a few factory resets since then. The most recent one was around 6+ months ago and recently my computer told me that my Windows wasn't activated. I tried a lot of fixes online thinking it was an error but I think it has just been...
  9. Windows 11 Pro Swedish 64-bit says I need to activate windows after a windows update

Windows 11 Pro Swedish 64-bit says I need to activate windows after a windows update: Problem: I bought my license of Windows 11 Pro Swedish 64-bit in February 2023. It has worked fine until a recent Windows update. After that, it suddenly nags me to activate Windows. When I go to activation it says, translated: "Windows reported that no product key was found...
  10. Windows 10 too many activations on the same device?

Windows 10 too many activations on the same device?: I've had my computer since 2014 and it's had a few factory resets since then. The most recent one was around 6+ months ago and recently my computer told me that my Windows wasn't activated. I tried a lot of fixes online thinking it was an error but I think it has just been...