Windows 10: Not allowed to start/open APPS in WIN 10, says wrong user. Driving me

Discus and support Not allowed to start/open APPS in WIN 10, says wrong user. Driving me in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Several Windows programs do this but also software from other places cause this error. It infuriates and angers me to no end. See the image I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by axelrose1969, Aug 13, 2016.

1. Not allowed to start/open APPS in WIN 10, says wrong user. Driving me

Several Windows programs do this but also software from other places cause this error. It infuriates and angers me to no end.

See the image I posted?

How can I get around or avoid or stop this error??

Please and thanks

:)

axelrose1969, Aug 13, 2016

2. Apps

yes and is says there is nothing wrong. When I select all windows apps it

says that the app can not be opened contact administrator to reinstall or uninstall but it will not allow me to.

FrankMatulich, Aug 13, 2016
  3. Win 10 - How do I transfer all programs and settings from one user to another on same PC

Thank you Tireman8 and BulldogXX,

I am getting a little smarter with Win 10. I now understand the difference between a "Microsoft

login in acct" and a Local user Acct!!

After enabling the Administrator acct and using some command line scripts, the Photos App

now opens and works on Win 10. I believe many of the problems are a result of User security issues.

This PC was an upgrade from Win 8.1 Pro. I wanted to create a Password reset disk (Flash drive) and

could not with a Local Standard Account. the newly enabled Admin account allowed me to do this.

A Password reset Flash Drive could only be created in the Local Admin account!! and a test of this:

By trying to log into a Standard Account (shown as Administrator privileges in Users), and using a

wrong password in an attempt to try out the backup password file....There was no link to the password

reset flash drive.

Sorry a little confusing...bottom line: I believe a lot of the issues deal with a Microsoft Login vs a Local

created Login.

In the future, when setting up a new PC with Win 10, I am going to enable the Administrator account as

a Local account, with a strong password. Then, if the customer has issues with logging in to the desktop,

a wrong password will bring up all the user accounts, the Admin account can be selected, and the original

non accessible user account can have its password changed. Probably easier then trying to create the

password reset disk, which will get lost anyway!

Greg Fiore, Aug 13, 2016
  4. LMiller7 Win User

Not allowed to start/open APPS in WIN 10, says wrong user. Driving me

By design modern Apps such as Edge do not run with the built in Administrator or any other full time admin account. The built in Administrator account was never intended for general use. The solution is to use a different account.

LMiller7, Aug 13, 2016
  5. Could you show me how to do that?

axelrose1969, Aug 13, 2016
  6. Mystere Win User
    Either you are logging in as the local administrator, which is typically disabled by default. Or you have turned off UAC, which generates the same message because UAC is required to run any Universal Applications.

The solution is to use a normal user, or turn on UAC.

Mystere, Aug 13, 2016
  7. "group policy editor" and many other type things are not part of my windows 10 home edition.

So i could only enable uac but nothing else could be done, it is like giving a paralized man crutches knowing even two crutches won't work.

Not blaming you but is there any patches or downloads even from microsoft to give those files to us home users?

Thanks thus far for your help.

axelrose1969, Aug 15, 2016
  8. Mystere Win User

No, that is one of the differences between home and pro/enterprise. Most everything that group policy does can be done with registry tweaks though.

Yes, you can upgrade to Windows Pro. That will give you the tools. You are not licensed to use them in Pro, so even if you managed to get them somehow, you would not legally be allowed to use them.

Regardless, I didn't say anything about group policy. So I don't really understand what the argument is about.

Mystere, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Not allowed to start/open APPS in WIN 10, says wrong user. Driving me - Similar Threads - allowed start open

2. User file on wrong drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User file on wrong drive: I remember 3-4 years ago I tried to mess around where default downloads are saved and I think messed with the user file. So when I go to my C: drive and go to C: users, I dont see a file with my name on it, instead all I see are the files named "18083", "default" and...
  3. User file on wrong drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User file on wrong drive: I remember 3-4 years ago I tried to mess around where default downloads are saved and I think messed with the user file. So when I go to my C: drive and go to C: users, I dont see a file with my name on it, instead all I see are the files named "18083", "default" and...
  4. User file on wrong drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. iTunes App not allowing me to open any app in Windows 10 home

iTunes App not allowing me to open any app in Windows 10 home: Hi I have an ASUS A15 gaming laptop. I installed iTunes and everything was fine. But yesterday when I started my laptop, whatever application I open it was showing me the loader is not working. Like MicrosoftEgde.something loader is not available or not working. I can't even...
  6. Windows 10 Won't Allow Me to Switch User

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 Won't Allow Me to Switch User: I have the best computer in my household and we occasionally share my computer, either for access to a better machine or just to print something out of my printer which doesn't like to connect to WiFi. BUT as of one of the latest updates to Windows 10, my computer no longer...
  7. Camera app says "something went wrong" in win 10?

Camera app says "something went wrong" in win 10?: I have HP laptop. It has Win 10 Pro 64bit installed in it. From last few days the camera app is not working back then it worked fine. When I open the app, it shows "Something went wrong, make sure your camera is connected & not being used by another app." I have no other app...
  8. Win 10 - user account control started blocking apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 - user account control started blocking apps: Hi, yesterday I could run all apps on my computer, from this morning on, I can't. Even the MMC.EXE is blocked. We are using ECM called MFiles, and I can't run Admin tools anymore. I'm a local and domain administrator, so the rights should be OK. Any ideas? Kind...
  9. Win 10 apps not opening

Win 10 apps not opening: When trying to open the xbox app or the store app it just blinks on the screen then nothing. Any suggestions on how to fix this? Win 10 14372 54607
  10. Windows 10 tells me that "My adminstrator" wont allow me to open apps.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 tells me that "My adminstrator" wont allow me to open apps.: Im trying to open the app "Task manager", but windows keeps telling me that my "administrator" wont allow me to. Here is the exact message that Windows tells me: "Task manager has been disabled by your administrator" Plese help, i really need this app to work. 33232

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what is wrong when it says this app is not alllowed phone