Windows 10: Not booting after update, failed startup repair, reset.

Discus and support Not booting after update, failed startup repair, reset. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows automatically updated and then my audio stopped working so as always I tried turning it on and off again but then it got stuck on the spinning... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by killerhipo, May 9, 2016.

1. Not booting after update, failed startup repair, reset.

Windows automatically updated and then my audio stopped working so as always I tried turning it on and off again but then it got stuck on the spinning thing. I've included a video i you want to see what it looked like.

https://goo.gl/photos/3VQtXAaZ9QN2wev4A, I have not looped the video or added the flashing.

Because this isn't the first time Windows has shit the bed on me I knew to make a repair disc and try to use startup repair. It failed. Next I tried to revert to a previous build. It failed. Next I tried to reset Windows. It failed.

Rerunning startup repair a few times made it do different things but it never worked.

I'm either looking for a solution to this problem or a way to quickly copy all the files off of my boot drive so I can perform a reinstall. (I have an HDD big enough to store the entire boot drive already in the PC)

Thanks

:)

killerhipo, May 9, 2016
  2. Linney Win User

Cold boot to safe mode in Windows 10

Fix: Windows 8 fails to boot; Automatic Repair, Refresh, Reset PC also fail

Windows 10 fails to boot; Automatic Repair, Refresh, Reset PC fails

Unable to refresh or reset PC after Automatic Repair fail

Solved - Unable to refresh or reset PC after Automatic Repair fail

Manually shutting down (forcibly) three times in a row should bring you to the same Safe Mode/Recovery options screen that the following two articles describe.

How to start Windows 8, or 10, in Safe Mode

How to start Windows 8 in Safe Mode

How To Access Advanced Startup Options in Windows 8, 8.1, or 10.

Access the Advanced Startup Options in Windows 10 or Windows 8

On a working Windows 8.1, or 10 machine, see Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Recovery\Create a Recovery Drive.

Create a Recovery Drive and use that to boot from in a faulty machine and try accessing the advanced startup options/safe mode then. Don't take any option to copy the other machines Recovery Partition.

Linney, May 9, 2016
  3. BSOD on Windows10 Startup- Not able to boot. Same BSOD in safe mode as well. SFC and CHKDSK show ok.

Windows 10 Laptop:

After the recent update yesterday, my system refused to boot. On booting itself, I am getting BSOD with message: MULTIPLE-IRP-COMPLETE-REQUESTS.

Checked there is no minidump folder at c:\windows. There is no any DMP either at c:\windows.

Tried Startup repair- however it says -"Couldn't get the root cause of failed startup" Log attached. windows has disabled the system recovery as well.

SFC and CHKDSK gave all OK. Linux is working all Good on same system.

All prev recovery points have been deleted and cant use system restore as well.

Why I am perplexed because apparently there is no issue- still I cant boot- WHy?

Why Sfae mode is not booting?

Why the startup repair Says-"Couldn't get the root cause of failed startup"?? Appears WIndows 10 is absolutely helpless and usless and cant tell itelsf why its failing??

Is there any way to fix without factory reset?

Startup repair log : gamefazt - Watch Movies Instantly Online

Rajiv_kamal, May 9, 2016
Thema:

Not booting after update, failed startup repair, reset.

1. Not booting after update, failed startup repair, reset. - Similar Threads - booting update failed

2. Startup Repair Failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup Repair Failed: What to do if start up repair failed?SrtTrail.txt fileStartup Repair diagnosis and repair log --------------------------- Number of repair attempts: 1 Session details --------------------------- System Disk = \Device\Harddisk0 Windows directory = C:\WINDOWS AutoChk Run = 0...
  3. Startup Repair Failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Startup Repair Failed: What to do if start up repair failed?SrtTrail.txt fileStartup Repair diagnosis and repair log --------------------------- Number of repair attempts: 1 Session details --------------------------- System Disk = \Device\Harddisk0 Windows directory = C:\WINDOWS AutoChk Run = 0...
  4. Startup Repair Failing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup Repair Failing: My computer needed to restart to update recently, and the auto repair keeps failing and gives the message:"Startup Repair couldn't repair your PCPress 'Advanced options' to try other options to repair your PC or 'Shut down' to turn off your PC.Log file:...
  5. Can't boot, failed startup repair and usual

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't boot, failed startup repair and usual: Hello,Please let me know if this is not the right place to post this.I've been having a lot of WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR BSOD lately.At a certain point, trying to debug it, I've had one of them during start up. After that, I've had some CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSODs and Win10...
  6. Can't boot, failed startup repair and usual

Can't boot, failed startup repair and usual: Hello,Please let me know if this is not the right place to post this.I've been having a lot of WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR BSOD lately.At a certain point, trying to debug it, I've had one of them during start up. After that, I've had some CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSODs and Win10...
  7. Can't boot, failed startup repair and usual

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Startup Repair Failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup Repair Failed: My Lenovo Laptop has been having recurring issues of being unable to boot and when attempting to do startup repair it says it is unable to find the issue, I have tried other things too such as bootrec and it has been unsuccessful, if there is anyone that can help with this it...
  9. Startup Repair Failed

Startup Repair Failed: My Lenovo Laptop has been having recurring issues of being unable to boot and when attempting to do startup repair it says it is unable to find the issue, I have tried other things too such as bootrec and it has been unsuccessful, if there is anyone that can help with this it...
  10. Can't boot, failed startup repair and usual

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can't boot, failed startup repair and usual: Hello, Please let me know if this is not the right place to post this. I've been having a lot of WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR BSOD lately. At a certain point, trying to debug it, I've had one of them during start up. After that, I've had some CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSODs and...