Windows 10: Not booting after update, failed startup repair, reset.

Discus and support Not booting after update, failed startup repair, reset. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows automatically updated and then my audio stopped working so as always I tried turning it on and off again but then it got stuck on the spinning... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by killerhipo, May 9, 2016.

1. Not booting after update, failed startup repair, reset.

Windows automatically updated and then my audio stopped working so as always I tried turning it on and off again but then it got stuck on the spinning thing. I've included a video i you want to see what it looked like.

https://goo.gl/photos/3VQtXAaZ9QN2wev4A, I have not looped the video or added the flashing.

Because this isn't the first time Windows has shit the bed on me I knew to make a repair disc and try to use startup repair. It failed. Next I tried to revert to a previous build. It failed. Next I tried to reset Windows. It failed.

Rerunning startup repair a few times made it do different things but it never worked.

I'm either looking for a solution to this problem or a way to quickly copy all the files off of my boot drive so I can perform a reinstall. (I have an HDD big enough to store the entire boot drive already in the PC)

Thanks

:)

killerhipo, May 9, 2016
  2. Linney Win User

Cold boot to safe mode in Windows 10

Fix: Windows 8 fails to boot; Automatic Repair, Refresh, Reset PC also fail

Windows 10 fails to boot; Automatic Repair, Refresh, Reset PC fails

Unable to refresh or reset PC after Automatic Repair fail

Solved - Unable to refresh or reset PC after Automatic Repair fail

Manually shutting down (forcibly) three times in a row should bring you to the same Safe Mode/Recovery options screen that the following two articles describe.

How to start Windows 8, or 10, in Safe Mode

How to start Windows 8 in Safe Mode

How To Access Advanced Startup Options in Windows 8, 8.1, or 10.

Access the Advanced Startup Options in Windows 10 or Windows 8

On a working Windows 8.1, or 10 machine, see Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Recovery\Create a Recovery Drive.

Create a Recovery Drive and use that to boot from in a faulty machine and try accessing the advanced startup options/safe mode then. Don't take any option to copy the other machines Recovery Partition.

Linney, May 9, 2016
  3. BSOD on Windows10 Startup- Not able to boot. Same BSOD in safe mode as well. SFC and CHKDSK show ok.

Windows 10 Laptop:

After the recent update yesterday, my system refused to boot. On booting itself, I am getting BSOD with message: MULTIPLE-IRP-COMPLETE-REQUESTS.

Checked there is no minidump folder at c:\windows. There is no any DMP either at c:\windows.

Tried Startup repair- however it says -"Couldn't get the root cause of failed startup" Log attached. windows has disabled the system recovery as well.

SFC and CHKDSK gave all OK. Linux is working all Good on same system.

All prev recovery points have been deleted and cant use system restore as well.

Why I am perplexed because apparently there is no issue- still I cant boot- WHy?

Why Sfae mode is not booting?

Why the startup repair Says-"Couldn't get the root cause of failed startup"?? Appears WIndows 10 is absolutely helpless and usless and cant tell itelsf why its failing??

Is there any way to fix without factory reset?

Startup repair log : gamefazt - Watch Movies Instantly Online

Rajiv_kamal, May 9, 2016
Thema:

Not booting after update, failed startup repair, reset.

1. Not booting after update, failed startup repair, reset. - Similar Threads - booting update failed

2. Startup Repair

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Startup Repair: My PC shows Startup repair couldn't repair. It also shows press "Advanced Option" to try other option to repair or "Shutdown" to turn off. I need the perfect "SrtTrail.txt" file. Please give me... This is my errored "SrtTrail.txt" file. Startup Repair diagnosis and...
  3. Startup repair

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Startup repair: I believe my hard drive crashed causing windows home 10 not start. So I tried advance options and it prompts me to enter recovery key and further notes that I can retrieve the key by visiting http://windows.microsoft.com/recoverykeyfaq. When I try, microsoft site states that...
  4. Fail to boot after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fail to boot after update: Hello, After installing the latest update on my PC and laptop, both of them failed to boot, it shows the blue screen saying SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION. Then I contacted a live agent and the agent, the case number was 1467675304. He asked me to download a Windows 10...
  5. My laptop can't boot after reset and repair

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My laptop can't boot after reset and repair: I did a factory reset to my laptop, but to my surprise I couldn't create an account nor log in to only one available account which was "other user" - tried to log in with microsoft account, but couldn't. > I've read that I should try to create an account on administrator...
  6. Startup Repair

in Windows 10 Customization
    Startup Repair: I tried to do a Startup Repair and it didn't work and gave me a log file. I want to know what's causing it because I'm having problems with my computer. And if you want to see the file,where exactly would I upload it too?...
  7. Boot loop after update no safe mode option-repair fails- restore fails

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Boot loop after update no safe mode option-repair fails- restore fails: About a week ago update keep saying an update failed due to lack of drive space so I fixed the issue. After that the update went through but keep failing and the pc would boot and remove the update. The pc was working normally otherwise. I have been extremely busy with work...
  8. Failed booting after latest update.

in Windows 10 Support
    Failed booting after latest update.: I'm stuck, I downloaded a windows 10 ISO file and placed on a USB drive, I can access the option page but none of the trouble shooting solutions work. I would like to avoid reinstalling, wondering if someone with experience could walk me through some options. Thanks for your...
  9. startup repair

in Windows 10 Support
    startup repair: Hey EveryBody *Busted*Busted*Busted*Busted*Busted i following Brink tuts to repair my windows ten but when i am reached to this step [img] my Keyboard/Mouse Stops working *Shock 32140
  10. Stuck in repair after downgrade fail

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck in repair after downgrade fail: So after installing w10 without problems it seemed to have slowed my computer down and since I didn't like it I decided to downgrade again to 8.1. But for some reason it failed and now I'm stuck in repair mode that fails every time, same goes for reboot. I'm far from an...