Windows 10: Not coming out of sleep / need to create new power plan every few days

Discus and support Not coming out of sleep / need to create new power plan every few days in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello all, i installed windows 10 when it first came out and everything has been fine until an update at the end of September this year. Since... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by waediowl, Oct 28, 2016.

1. waediowl Win User

Not coming out of sleep / need to create new power plan every few days

Hello all,

i installed windows 10 when it first came out and everything has been fine until an update at the end of September this year.

Since then I've had a problem with my computer going to sleep and not being able to come out of it. I found out that if i create a new power plan then the problem goes away for a few days, only to return again and I have to create a new power plan.

I've googled like mad to find the solution and can't. The video driver is an nvidia driver so i assume that's up to date.

I've set the settings in the BIOS.

i've switched off hibernation.

Every time I create a power plan, i make sure the PC can't go to sleep.

But it still does.

Thanks in advance for any tips.

:)

waediowl, Oct 28, 2016

2. Yoga910 with Win10 Pro Sudden Sleep Issue

Dear Anne,

Thank you so much for the detailed information.

I've created a new power plan following your instructions.

I will give it a few days to see if the issue continues.

Then if I have to I would restore the default setting to find out.

I'll come back with the results in case anyone else need it.

Thanks a lot.

Skipper

SkipperChen, Oct 28, 2016
  3. Do Not Require Password Settings don't work on Windows 10

There already is a Power Plan for never sleeping and never hibernating and since I don't use either I don't need to create new power plans but thanks!

The_Phantom_Computerizerer, Oct 28, 2016
  4. AddRAM Win User

You have your PC set not to sleep, but yet it still does ?

That`s some serious problem there.

Do not assume you have the latest nvidia driver, you should know exactly what you have, the latest is 375.70, and for me it`s working perfectly.

Make sure there`s no hardware ( like your NIC ) allowing it to go to sleep.

AddRAM, Oct 28, 2016
  5. waediowl Win User
    Thanks, the nvidia driver was not up to date and the network adapter had an option to sleep, so i've changed them.

But before I changed them it's been working fine, so hopefully with the added insurance it works.

waediowl, Oct 29, 2016
  6. waediowl Win User
    Hello,

unfortunately none of that works. I left the PC and it went to sleep. The really annoying thing is that I can't get it to come out of sleep. I've tried updating the BIOS and everything. It is definitely the windows update at the end of September that caused it. Before that everything wa ok. Anyone else have similar problems?

waediowl, Nov 1, 2016
  7. waediowl Win User
    For anyone reading this, i've now found out what was going on. The computer wasn't going to sleep, in fact the monitors were just going to sleep and i couldn't get them to come on again. I had to reboot the PC. Turning the monitors on and off did nothing. I'm sure it wasn't hibernating.

Now I have changed the power button to sleep the PC and I have enabled sleeping after a given time. The BIOS allows a USB keyboard to wake the PC from sleep, so when it now awakes from sleep it kicks in the monitors.

I still don't understand why this didn't happen before the windows update, but i've seen other posts with similar symptoms mainly for laptops.

waediowl, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Not coming out of sleep / need to create new power plan every few days - Similar Threads - coming sleep need

2. KB2267602 Version 1.377.389.0 - updata come every few days.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB2267602 Version 1.377.389.0 - updata come every few days.: Hello,can i ask about downloading Definition update: KB2267602 Version 1.377.389.0. This update come to me windows11 every 2-3days and want install. after success and next few days want it again. i understand that KB2267202 is need to be updated every 2hours sometimes, but i...
  3. KB2267602 Version 1.377.389.0 - updata come every few days.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KB2267602 Version 1.377.389.0 - updata come every few days.: Hello,can i ask about downloading Definition update: KB2267602 Version 1.377.389.0. This update come to me windows11 every 2-3days and want install. after success and next few days want it again. i understand that KB2267202 is need to be updated every 2hours sometimes, but i...
  4. Can't create ultimate power plan because unable to create new power plan

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't create ultimate power plan because unable to create new power plan: Hi! I have a problem in my windows 10 computer. I can't create ultimate performance in my PC because it say "Unable to create a new power scheme The power scheme, subgroup or setting specified does not exist."I have try to download Ultimate_Performance.pow too, it say...
  5. Can't create ultimate power plan because unable to create new power plan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't create ultimate power plan because unable to create new power plan: Hi! I have a problem in my windows 10 computer. I can't create ultimate performance in my PC because it say "Unable to create a new power scheme The power scheme, subgroup or setting specified does not exist."I have try to download Ultimate_Performance.pow too, it say...
  6. Can't create ultimate power plan because unable to create new power plan

7. MISSING POWER PLAN - Can only create a 'Balanced' power plan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MISSING POWER PLAN - Can only create a 'Balanced' power plan: Hi, I've had this problem for a while but thought I'd finally post a question. I have a Dell XPS 15 9570 and windows 11, and while I am trying to create a 'high performance' power plan, the option just doesn't show up. The only option I have available to me is to create...
  8. MISSING POWER PLAN - Can only create a 'Balanced' power plan

MISSING POWER PLAN - Can only create a 'Balanced' power plan: Hi, I've had this problem for a while but thought I'd finally post a question. I have a Dell XPS 15 9570 and windows 11, and while I am trying to create a 'high performance' power plan, the option just doesn't show up. The only option I have available to me is to create...
  9. BSODs Every Few Days

BSODs Every Few Days: Hello, I recently upgraded my PC with new mobo/gpu/cpu/ram, and have been having BSODs on and off since. They have only happened when I was away from the computer, so I didn't realize they were happening until one occurred while my wife was using Autodesk Revit. She has...
  10. How to create a new power plan based on an existing custom (OEM) plan ?

How to create a new power plan based on an existing custom (OEM) plan ?: Beside the usual, Windows default "Balanced" power plan, my new Dell laptop has a custom OEM power plan (named "Dell"). I'd like to create my own power plan, but Win10 only allows me to create one based on the Balanced one, not the OEM (Dell) one. I'd prefer to start from...