Windows 10: Not Detecting ANY Wireless Networks...System Restore No Help

Discus and support Not Detecting ANY Wireless Networks...System Restore No Help in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a Dell Inspiron 560 Desktop that is running Windows 10. It says that there are no wireless networks to connect to, and it tells me I need an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by wcman1976, May 29, 2016.

1. wcman1976 Win User

Not Detecting ANY Wireless Networks...System Restore No Help

I have a Dell Inspiron 560 Desktop that is running Windows 10. It says that there are no wireless networks to connect to, and it tells me I need an ethernet cable to be connected to the internet. I tried several options, but none of them have worked:

1) Restarted my wireless router.
    2) Restarted my computer.
    3) Tried to do a system restore, but it told me there was one file that the computer "could not access" and the system restore could not be completed.

I went to "Device Manager" and right-clicked on the network adapter (Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller) and selected "update driver software." It told me the most up to date drivers are already installed.

Can anyone give me any other suggestions? My computer is in my bedroom and my wireless router is in the living room; I would rather not have to run an ethernet cable that far. Thanks!

:)

wcman1976, May 29, 2016
  2. JoyceCCY Win User

Issue with Wifi network after System Restore (Win 10)

Nothing works. :-(

My wireless router definitely works as my other gadgets can see the network name. Network troubleshooter can't detect any error.

Ran the networking commands and everything is the same as it. Network Adapter Driver is up to date.

I was able to see my wifi networks just before I've done the System Restore. But I was not able to restore back to that time frame as I don't have any restore point created then.

Regards,

Joyce

JoyceCCY, May 29, 2016
  3. JoyceCCY Win User
    Issue with Wifi network after System Restore (Win 10)

Nothing works. :-(

My wireless router definitely works as my other gadgets can see the network name. Network troubleshooter can't detect any error.

Ran the networking commands and everything is the same as it. Network Adapter Driver is up to date.

I was able to see my wifi networks just before I've done the System Restore. But I was not able to restore back to that time frame as I don't have any restore point created then.

Regards,

Joyce

JoyceCCY, May 29, 2016
  4. Kyhi Win User

do you see your wireless adapter in device manager ???

the realtec is the lan

Attachment 82346

5. sml156 Win User
    Hook the Ethernet cable up and try updating it. then go back to WiFi when you get it working.

sml156, May 29, 2016
  6. wcman1976 Win User
    No, there is no wireless adapter there...just Realtec.

wcman1976, May 29, 2016
  7. Kyhi Win User
    I assume you had used a wireless connection before with this PC...
    so that means it was not detected, or has been turned off...
    If it was seen in device manager then it could of been a driver issue..

Kyhi, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Not Detecting ANY Wireless Networks...System Restore No Help - Similar Threads - Detecting Wireless Networks

2. HP Laptops cant detect any wireless networks any suggestions to fix it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Laptops cant detect any wireless networks any suggestions to fix it?: Cant detect any networks when the wifi is turned on and the network discovery is enabled. The trouble shooter also couldn't fix the issue but before I changed locations the laptop detected all the available networks just fine....
  3. HP Laptops cant detect any wireless networks any suggestions to fix it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP Laptops cant detect any wireless networks any suggestions to fix it?: Cant detect any networks when the wifi is turned on and the network discovery is enabled. The trouble shooter also couldn't fix the issue but before I changed locations the laptop detected all the available networks just fine....
  4. HP Laptops cant detect any wireless networks any suggestions to fix it?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Help with system restore!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with system restore!: Hi, so I was wondering how long system restore will take and if you could read through my story. so I wasn't sure why my pc has been playing up, but when I started up the pc would take a long time to show the login page and long time to put in pin, Once in would be slow to...
  6. Help with system restore!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with system restore!: Hi, so I was wondering how long system restore will take and if you could read through my story. so I wasn't sure why my pc has been playing up, but when I started up the pc would take a long time to show the login page and long time to put in pin, Once in would be slow to...
  7. Any alternative of system restore?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any alternative of system restore?: I have an Asus fx505dy laptop. I ran some scripts months ago with admin privileges. It had a lot of side-effects like slow boot-up, removed many apps I need. Is there any way I can restore my laptop's state to the state when I got it? I didn't create a restore point. Can I...
  8. Unable to Detect Own Wireless Network

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to Detect Own Wireless Network: Not sure if this is a Windows 10 issue but my PC and laptop are unable to connect and detect to my own wireless network. It'll list every other network but my own. My phone on the other hand can detect and connect to my wireless network. When I check my phone, I see that it's...
  9. GPU not detected after system restore please help!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    GPU not detected after system restore please help!: Ok so 2 days ago i started troubleshooting GPU issues i was having which seemed to be software and/or driver related. These issues are nothing new I've pretty much been experiencing them on and off since i got the card. However this time I kinda went overboard and fell down...
  10. Problem with the Wireless network detection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with the Wireless network detection: I post this message cause I got a big problem with the Wireless Network detection. In fact, when I reinstalled windows on my PC, I done it with a connected ethernet cable. But now, it's impossible to see in the network detection other things than the ethernet cable. I wanna...