Windows 10: Not Displaying Computer On Network

Discus and support Not Displaying Computer On Network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Since the Windows 10 Creators Update, one of my computers cannot be seen on the Network from other computers, although I can view it by typing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Stigg, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Stigg Win User

Not Displaying Computer On Network

Since the Windows 10 Creators Update, one of my computers cannot be seen on the Network from other computers, although I can view it by typing \\Computer Name. It just won't display automatically like all my other computers.

All the computers on the network are Windows 10. Is there some refresh that I can do on the problem computer? I am certain that it is a Window issue, but I just don't know how to make it show up. I can keep typing \\Computer Name, but I would rather it displayed like the others.

Any ideas?

:)

Stigg, Apr 24, 2017
  2. Saltgrass Win User

Windows not displaying network SSIDs, network icon missing from taskbar

It would be helpful if you would tell us the exact model of your system, and no service tags, please.

How old is the system and did it come with Win 10 and does Dell say it has been tested with Win 10? If Dell is not supplying drivers for Win 10, that usually means it has not been tested.

Could you recheck your memory numbers please. Only having 11 GB usable out of 21 GB looks a little strange.

The network icon can be added or removed from the taskbar using the Settings - Personalization-Taskbar section, assuming it is working normally. Is your network set as Private and not Public?

Saltgrass, Apr 24, 2017
  3. Windows not displaying network SSIDs, network icon missing from taskbar

Hello,

I am running these specs on my Windows 10 Dell Laptop

PROCESSOR: AMD A10-8700P Radeon R6, 10 Compute Cores 4C+6G 1.80GHz

INSTALLED MEMORY: 21.0GB(11.4 GB usable)

SYSTEM TYPE: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor

No Pen or Touch Input is available for this display

My network adapter is a: RealTek PCIe FE Family Controller, the device appears and claims to be working properly. The option under Properties and Power Management to "Allow the computer to turn off this device to sae power" is unticked.

Whew, now that that's out of the way, this is my issue:

Yesterday evening, I experienced internet loss and noticed that in the taskbar, the icon that displays the available networks was missing. Usually, for some reason, it is displayed as in "Airplane Mode" but the internet functions properly. This time, it was
    gone altogether. I have troubleshooted the problem numerous times telling me that, "You have no preferred wireless networks" and "A network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken."

Now originally, when I troubleshooted the issue it told me that "Windows could not find a driver for your network adapter." So, I went to RealTek's downloads and downloaded the "Win10 Auto Installation Program
    dk" and that seemed to get rid of that error. Now, it is displaying the errors listed in the previous paragraph. Now, I managed to fix it last night by going to System Configuration>Services and
    selecting to "Hide all Microsoft Services" and restarted my computer to apply the fix. I reversed what I did, restarted the computer, and it went back to the way it was before this issue happened. I am going to try and do that again to see if it works.

I am looking for a permanent solution and explanation as to why this keeps happening, so any helpful feedback would be greatly appreciated. If more information is required or I've omitted any information, I will do my best to provide it.

Thank you!

RobbieTaylor, Apr 24, 2017
  4. mQ573 Win User

Try enabling some share on the invisible computer and see.

N.B.: You can always disable the share afterwards.

mQ573, Apr 24, 2017
  5. Samuria Win User
    When you look for pcs on the network windows doesnt look it asks the master browser for a list as its a new build it hasnt been picked up by your MB if you run this on a few pcs it often kicks it into life and will tell you who is master browser make sure the pc is running netbios NetBScanner - NetBIOS scanner

Samuria, Apr 24, 2017
  6. Stigg Win User
    Thanks for your replies, but I tried both those suggestions without luck.

Stigg, Apr 24, 2017
  7. mQ573 Win User
    I don't know all the evils this bloody Creators Update brought onto us.

Open a command prompt windows and type IPCONFIG /all and check if NetBIOS over TCP/IP is enabled for your active adapter.

mQ573, Apr 24, 2017
  8. Stigg Win User

NetBIOS over TCP/IP is enabled for my ethernet adapter, but not for Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface.

Stigg, Apr 24, 2017
  9. mQ573 Win User
    What are you using: IPV4 or IPV6?

Homegroup requires IPV6.

mQ573, Apr 24, 2017
  10. Stigg Win User
    My IPv6 settings are set to automatic.
    Do I have to change anything to get it to use it?

By the way, I don't use Homegroup on any computers.
    I just share a folder.

Stigg, Apr 24, 2017
  11. Stigg Win User
    This is the status.
    IPv6 says no internet access, but it says that on all of my computers.

Not Displaying Computer On Network [​IMG]

Stigg, Apr 24, 2017
  12. mQ573 Win User
    Homegroup is local, so it only means your ISP is not handling IPV6.

Let's go back to basics, then. Open a command prompt window and type
    IPCONFIG /ALL >C:\Ipconfig.txt
    NET VIEW >C:\Netview.txt
    NET SHARE >C:\Netshare.txt
    (You are encouraged to copy & paste)
    Post the contents of the above 3 text files (and delete them afterwards)

mQ573, Apr 24, 2017
  13. Stigg Win User

Ipconfig

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : Core-i7-950
    Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
    Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
    IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
    WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
    DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : Home

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection 2:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
    Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : Home
    Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller #2
    Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 1C-6F-65-3D-80-3C
    DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
    Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : Home
    Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
    Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 1C-6F-65-3D-80-3E
    DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
    Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::b57e:bbe9:bd9a:34c4%4(Preferred)
    IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.20.4(Preferred)
    Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
    Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Sunday, 23 April 2017 4:27:58 PM
    Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Wednesday, 26 April 2017 11:47:21 AM
    Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : fe80::1af1:45ff:fe62:7d82%4
    DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.20.1
    DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 236744549
    DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-14-65-93-53-1C-6F-65-3D-80-3E
    DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.20.1
    NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
    Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface
    Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
    DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
    IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2001:0:9d38:6abd:3c4b:227c:88ed:d9c7(Preferred)
    Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::3c4b:227c:88ed:d9c7%2(Preferred)
    Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : ::
    DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 33554432
    DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-14-65-93-53-1C-6F-65-3D-80-3E
    NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled

Netview

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    \\BRN00807710D52D
    \\CORE-I7-3930K
    \\CORE-I7-950
    \\SATELLITE-U840W
    The command completed successfully.

Netshare

Share name Resource Remark

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ADMIN$ C:\WINDOWS Remote Admin
    C$ C:\ Default share
    D$ D:\ Default share
    E$ E:\ Default share
    H$ H:\ Default share
    IPC$ Remote IPC
    print$ C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers
    Printer Drivers
    Shared Folder
    D:\Shared Folder
    Users C:\Users
    Videos D:\Videos
    The command completed successfully.

Stigg, Apr 24, 2017
  14. Stigg Win User
    Which is the default WINS setting?

Is it:
    or
    Enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP

Stigg, Apr 24, 2017
  15. mQ573 Win User
    Default, but you should override it and select NetBIOS over TCP/IP

Netview results demonstrate your computer are seen on the network AFAIK. So what is the missing computer? Is it missing in File Explore / Network ? (Or homegroup)

mQ573, Apr 24, 2017
Thema:

1. Not Displaying Computer On Network - Similar Threads - Displaying Computer Network

2. Display all computers on the Network view?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Display all computers on the Network view?: I have a couple computers on different VLANs. Is there a way to display them in the Network view? I can type in \\192.168.XX.XXX and get to them, but wanted to see if there was a way to display them and just be able to click on them. [img] 169374
  3. Display network in "This PC"?

Display network in "This PC"?: Hi, guys, I would like my NAS server (http://192.168.2.112 only) to be displayed in "This PC" under My Devices. Only I forgot how it works again. This one: [ATTACH] displayed right here: [ATTACH] TIA Netzwerk im "Diesen PC" anzeigen lassen?
  4. connected network computer not displayed in file manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    connected network computer not displayed in file manager: windows 10 home file manager cannot see connected computer running windows 10 pro - although sync program between works just fine! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connected-network-computer-not-displayed-in-file/1c7dd58c-4e89-410f-a404-0960e903e575
  5. Display identically named computers in a Home network

Display identically named computers in a Home network: Hi folks Is there any way to display identically named Windows computers on a Home network -- If I have 2 computers say named asgeir then only one appears in the network map even though both can logon and see other parts of the network. By computer name I'm referring to the...
  6. Network Connection - My Network Not Displayed

Network Connection - My Network Not Displayed: Hello, I am unable to connect to wifi as my network for the apartment I just moved into is not listed under a list of available wifi networks. I am able to connect to the wifi network on my phone (as it is listed there) and my roommates who own macs are able to connect as...
  7. computers on home network do not display in file explorer

computers on home network do not display in file explorer: computers on home network do not display in file explorer. 2 win10 and 1 win7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computers-on-home-network-do-not-display-in-file/86358296-b6bd-4391-b475-b00b89d93ffd
  8. File Explorer will not display computers any couputers in Network.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    File Explorer will not display computers any couputers in Network.: When I go into File Explorer, and click network it displays all my devices except computers in my network. The other computers in the network will display this computer. This is a recent problem (not sure when it started) It was displaying the computers before. I have tried...
  9. Wireless Networks not displaying

Wireless Networks not displaying: Hi, I am running Windows 10 and I am unable to view WiFi networks. This problem began after trying to do some Windows updates a few months ago. I have since been able to complete the updates and there are no further updates to be carried out. I am able to use the...
  10. Network computers do not display

Network computers do not display: I have tried several web searches and have not found a solution that works. I am using Windows 10 and have 3 computers in the network group. I can manually enter the compute(s) name, "\\Robert Laptop", and see it, but I would prefer to have it automatically display. I would...