Windows 10: Not enough space on half empty drive + one drive too many in disk mana

Discus and support Not enough space on half empty drive + one drive too many in disk mana in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey guys, I have an issue that suddenly appeared. My 500GB SSD has apparently not enough space on it anymore. Sadly, that cant be true since only half... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kenturrac, Nov 25, 2016.

1. Kenturrac Win User

Not enough space on half empty drive + one drive too many in disk mana

Hey guys,
    I have an issue that suddenly appeared. My 500GB SSD has apparently not enough space on it anymore. Sadly, that cant be true since only half of it is used and I have absolutely no idea how to fix that. Not even deleting stuff changes anything about it.
    So I tried to look it up in Disk Management and in there it says that the drive is fine and good, but it also shows another 500GB SSD which is not initialized. So I counted all my drives and I know for a fact that this drive should not exist. So I assume the two issues are connected.

This is how the Disk Management looks like: Screenshot - d8269c646ce3d7c342b98ae01745ce29 - Gyazo

Any idea?

:)

Kenturrac, Nov 25, 2016

2. Disks and Drives on Windows 10

Ok so basically I want to allocate more space from my "D:" drive to my "C:" drive. My "D" drive has a lot of empty space that I can utilize. However, both Drives are on different Disks. I have Disk 0 and Disk 1. Disk 0 has drive "C". Disk 1has drive "D".
    I've tried everything to allocate more to drive "C" which needs more space. Is it even possible to do so?

Also, my "D" drive is empty but says 1% used?

Deacan Gomez, Nov 25, 2016
  3. RogerPost Win User
    backing up Windows 10

The message that I get is that one of the volumes involved does not have enough space it apparently happens when I'm trying to make a system image. What I don't understand is what volume it's talking about because as far as I know there's only two volumes
    the C drive and the drive that it's backing up to. The drive that I'm backing up to is a 2 TB drive and only about 1/3 of that drive is used the rest is empty as far as I can tell.

Everything the computer tells me is that that drive has no problems and is more than half empty so I don't understand what volume doesn't have enough spaces by C drive has 1 TB of space I believe and is nowhere near full I don't know how full it is but I don't
    believe it's anywhere near full so I don't know what is talking about or how to fix it.
    Thank you all for listening
    I hope someone has a suggestion that I can follow

RogerPost, Nov 25, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, here's a wild guess... maybe Windows is trying to do an upgrade, and has no free unallocated space to create another Recovery partition.

What's your current build level?
    (Windows key + R, winver).

Also please post a screenshot of your Windows update history, and if possible the exact error message that indicated you had insufficient space, and when it occurred. Thanks.

(Note- the preferred way to post screenshots is to use the icon to the left of the video icon above your post- mouseover tooltip = Insert Image).

dalchina, Nov 26, 2016
  5. Kenturrac Win User
    Kenturrac, Nov 26, 2016
  6. EdTittel Win User
    The real info, as it turns out, is not on Tom's Hardware (except for the statement that the user is dealing with a Storage Spaces issue, which is indeed a key insight). But the real goods are in an EightForums tutorial that explains how to delete an item from a storage pool: Storage Spaces - Delete a Storage Space in a Storage Pool in Windows 8. Just be sure to back up anything you need to save onto a different physical and logical drive before you start removing stuff!
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Nov 28, 2016
  7. Kenturrac Win User
    Oh boy, comes in here 2 days late with a salty statement or disrespecting the folks over there that helped me solving the issue I had. Not the bloody tutorial helped me. The folks there which pointed me in the right direction and showed what the actual problem is. WTF dude??? Show some respect....

Kenturrac, Nov 28, 2016
  8. dalchina New Member

Using language like that is objectionable, unnecessary, and totally disrespectful. This is disgusting to read.

dalchina, Nov 28, 2016
  9. EdTittel Win User
    Uhhh....so sorry Kenturrac. No disrespect of any kind intended. When I read through the Tom's Hardware post (I used to write for them BTW) I noticed that what appeared to me to be the most useful info was the EightForums tutorial, so I made it directly available. If my post came across as anything other than trying to make that information more accessible, I most sincerely apologize. If anybody else feels the same way about my post, especially Dalchina, I abase myself before them likewise as well. Again: no disrespect nor criticism of any kind was intentionally involved in the making of my earlier post.
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Not enough space on half empty drive + one drive too many in disk mana - Similar Threads - enough space half

2. One Drive Taking up too much space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One Drive Taking up too much space: This only happens on my laptop my desktop is utterly fine. For some reason, my laptop redownloads everything in my one drive folder. If I try to put stuff back in the cloud it re-downloads automatically the next day. Everything I've seen online to correct this essentially...
  3. One Drive using computer disk space

One Drive using computer disk space: When I save a picture from my PC to One Drive, One Drive also makes a copy of the file on my PC under the Users directory. This has used up all the memory on my C Drive, and also limited the space available to me on my One Drive folder. If I delete a file in the one drive...
  4. One Drive - empty folders

One Drive - empty folders: Background: I have been having issued with my outlook. So IT department says "they have to do a 1909 update and if that doesn't fix it then they will do a reimage." So first, they wanted me to copy all my docs from my computer to OneDrive. Worked great. for about 2 weeks...
  5. Disk Drive 'E' Empty

Disk Drive 'E' Empty: Hi This is a much discussed problem with fixes confidently offered. The problem is they don't work. Not on my computer anyway. On 'This PC' page it shows Local Disk "E" 262MB free of 842MB, but when you click on it it's empty! The fixes send you to the Command Prompt and...
  6. not enough disk space c drive missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    not enough disk space c drive missing: not enough disk space when i try to reinstall windows 10 tried to download tool and c drive is missing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-enough-disk-space-c-drive-missing/26f11500-ed4f-43d9-8c87-1b5320dbae27
  7. "Not enough space on hard drive"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Not enough space on hard drive": Hi I'm trying to install an old program on my Windows 10 computer. Everything seems OK until the "available space" on the hard drive is shown. This shows as a negative amount in Kb, I have a 2TB hard drive which is practically brand new. Help please....
  8. Not enough space on Recovery (D:) drive.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Not enough space on Recovery (D:) drive.: My Recovery D is full and is all red . I had to do a recovery and it couldn't remove enough without destroying important and computer info. I do not want community please. I don't understand very well. **Title modified from: I have no recovery space it's all red***...
  9. not enough disk space.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    not enough disk space.: I am trying to update windows 10 but it tells me I do not have enough disk space. I have added a flash driver and a sdhc but still says not enough disk space....
  10. Backup drive has not enough space

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup drive has not enough space: When trying to make an image backup I get"not enough space on drive" although it is a blank drive with 75 GB 25549