Windows 10: Not letting me expand C; partition

Discus and support Not letting me expand C; partition in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I attempted to remove some memory from my D; partition to the C; partition, but it wont allow me to expand the C; partition. I am sure they are on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Asutox, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Asutox Win User

Not letting me expand C; partition

I attempted to remove some memory from my D; partition to the C; partition, but it wont allow me to expand the C; partition. I am sure they are on the same hard drive and don't understand what the problem is. It says I have 600 gb of unallocated memory but it wont let me expand.

Not letting me expand C; partition [​IMG]

Does any one know the issue and how to fix it?

:)

Asutox, Jun 11, 2016
  2. Wej063 Win User

Windows 10 upgrade

Purchased Partition Master professional edition, but it will not let me change the size of the reserved partition on C drive. Any idea how to expand it?

Wej063, Jun 11, 2016
  3. Win 10, D: drive is 15G and too small

The ocean couldn't hold all I don't know about Win 10. Still, I can't seem to expand the partition on the D: drive. I just now reset this system and hoped it would self manage and just expand the system partition. Sadly, no. It won't let me do it manually.
    Loads of space on C:.

Show me the way.

Chrmngblly, Jun 11, 2016
  4. topgundcp Win User

The 673GB unallocated partition must be next to C partition in order to expand.

topgundcp, Jun 11, 2016
  5. Asutox Win User
    How would I do that?

Asutox, Jun 11, 2016
  6. topgundcp Win User
    topgundcp, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Not letting me expand C; partition - Similar Threads - letting expand partition

2. Expand partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Expand partition: I have 46 gb of unallocated space on my ssd. I want to expand my C drive, but the recovery partition is between C and the unallocated space. Can I delete the recovery partition and expand C, then re-create the recovery partition?...
  3. Expand partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Expand partition: I have 46 gb of unallocated space on my ssd. I want to expand my C drive, but the recovery partition is between C and the unallocated space. Can I delete the recovery partition and expand C, then re-create the recovery partition?...
  4. Expand C Drive partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Expand C Drive partition: I am running Windows 10 on a Dell Latitude 3540 laptop. It has a 480GB SSD fitted, partitioned as C: & E:. There is about 20GB free of 220GB on C: and about 160GB free of 200GB on E:. In Computer Management, the two partitions are adjacent and there is no unallocated...
  5. Expanding C: drive

Expanding C: drive: Hi,I am running out of space on my C: Drive-and I have tried and searched the internet wisdom, but all answers apply to cases where everything is on the same diskI have 2 separate discs that's how computer came with my purchase-It seems I cannot move allocated partition from...
  6. Cant expand ssd /C partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cant expand ssd /C partition: For some reason i cant expand the partition. Please help im only able to use 28gb [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-expand-ssd-c-partition/d56d74f7-0ac4-43cb-a05e-042a837cf115
  7. Expanding C: partition with available unallocated space wants me to convert to dynamic disk.

Expanding C: partition with available unallocated space wants me to convert to dynamic disk.: Hello! Recently I have moved my boot drive from an old 160gb one to a newer 500gb hard drive. I wanted to extend the: partition using the unallocated space available. The current partitions on the HDD are as follows: EFI system partition Windows C: Recovery (OEM...
  8. Expanding OS partition

in Windows 10 Customization
    Expanding OS partition: Disk Management shows my OS resided on a 223GB partition (C:) on an SSD that has 477GB. The SSD has these partitions: 102 MB Unallocated | OS (C:) 223 GB NTFS Healthy (Boot, Page File, Crash Dump, Primary Partition) | 103 MB Healthy (EFI System Partition) | 253 GB...
  9. Can't Expand Windows Partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't Expand Windows Partition: Hello All, I am just trying to expand my Windows partition but the expand option is greyed out. Any advice on how to be able to expand it into the ~20 GB unallocated space. Thank you. [img] 50175
  10. Partitions: want to delete D: and expand C: -MiniTool PartitionWizard?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Partitions: want to delete D: and expand C: -MiniTool PartitionWizard?: I have a new system with 2TB harddrive that arrived partitioned with C: drive 223.2 GB; D: drive approx. 1.8 TB. I attempted to delete the D: drive partition, and wanted to move the unallocated space to expand C: [img] Can I do this, and if so, how? I attempted to use...