Windows 10: Not pinning to start

Discus and support Not pinning to start in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The only icon I am having difficulty with is the "control panel" icon. When I click pin to start everything goes as planned except the icon will not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jshaw42, Sep 20, 2016.

1. jshaw42 Win User

Not pinning to start

The only icon I am having difficulty with is the "control panel" icon. When I click pin to start everything goes as planned except the icon will not appear in start. I have pinned and un-pinned multiple times. I have even tried to drag it over. No luck. I can pin any other app.

:)

jshaw42, Sep 20, 2016

2. Websites not pinning to start

Yes, it will wipe the device and set it up as if it was brand new from the store.

JUST REMEMBER to use the same Live ID when you set it up. It will bring back all your contacts, calendar and keep you connected to OneDrive where you have stored your pictures (I hope you have auto upload enabled).

It will not take long and it should all work out fine.

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Sep 20, 2016
  3. Onkar HN Win User
    App not pinning to start.

Well, thanks, I restarted the phone and then launched and killed app twice. Now its pinning to start...

Onkar HN, Sep 20, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Not pinning to start

Hi, create and test a shortcut as per the first picture
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...dows-10-a.html
    It should have the appropriate icon.

Test it (double click).

Rt click it and you can pin to start as a tile.

(Other ways to open the CP: Windows key + X, click Control Panel works, Windows key + R, control panel, Type 'contr' in the Cortana search field
    for example).

I prefer this using Classic Shell (free):

Not pinning to start [​IMG]

dalchina, Sep 21, 2016
  5. jshaw42 Win User
    Got it working, thanks

jshaw42, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Not pinning to start

1. Not pinning to start - Similar Threads - pinning start

2. Why do pinned items keep disappearing from the Start menu?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do pinned items keep disappearing from the Start menu?: I'm a log time user of Windows 10. Every 3 months approximately over the last 4 or 5 years, two things happen:1 I click on the Start menu and nothing appears.This next bit is predictable and always happens next...2 After a reboot, all my pinned start bar items have...
  3. Why do pinned items keep disappearing from the Start menu?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do pinned items keep disappearing from the Start menu?: I'm a log time user of Windows 10. Every 3 months approximately over the last 4 or 5 years, two things happen:1 I click on the Start menu and nothing appears.This next bit is predictable and always happens next...2 After a reboot, all my pinned start bar items have...
  4. Why do pinned items keep disappearing from the Start menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Pin a bat file DIRECTLY to start menu drop down windows

Pin a bat file DIRECTLY to start menu drop down windows: as said in title.I do NOT want the make a bat file shortcut and pin that.I do NOT want to hear about adding it to the Start-UP folder.I need the line of code to ad to the RegEdit to allow for .Bat files to be pinned/dragged and drop directly to my start menu. I know it is...
  6. Pin a bat file DIRECTLY to start menu drop down windows

Pin a bat file DIRECTLY to start menu drop down windows: as said in title.I do NOT want the make a bat file shortcut and pin that.I do NOT want to hear about adding it to the Start-UP folder.I need the line of code to ad to the RegEdit to allow for .Bat files to be pinned/dragged and drop directly to my start menu. I know it is...
  7. Pin a bat file DIRECTLY to start menu drop down windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Cannot pin files to a Start menu tile in Windows 10

Cannot pin files to a Start menu tile in Windows 10: I have always been able to pin my choice of most used files to tiles e.g. workbooks to the Excel tile on the Start menu and documents to the Word tile on the Start menu. This stopped working and now the tiles show only my most recently opened files in the tile list and whilst...
  9. Cannot pin files to a Start menu tile in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot pin files to a Start menu tile in Windows 10: I have always been able to pin my choice of most used files to tiles e.g. workbooks to the Excel tile on the Start menu and documents to the Word tile on the Start menu. This stopped working and now the tiles show only my most recently opened files in the tile list and whilst...
  10. Cannot pin files to a Start menu tile in Windows 10