Windows 10: Not ready for Win10, but Win10 nag screen won't allow Win7 updates

Discus and support Not ready for Win10, but Win10 nag screen won't allow Win7 updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm still playing with Win10 on a tablet and not ready to install it on my main computer. Meanwhile, there are 32 Windows 7 updates pending. I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by pencat12, Aug 17, 2015.

1. pencat12 Win User

Not ready for Win10, but Win10 nag screen won't allow Win7 updates

I'm still playing with Win10 on a tablet and not ready to install it on my main computer. Meanwhile, there are 32 Windows 7 updates pending. I've selected all 32 in Windows Update, then clicked the OK button, but that just takes me to a screen for installing Win10. I'm not sure what happens if I click OK there, but it looks like clicking OK will install Win10 which I do NOT want to do. I just want to install the 32 Win7 updates.

I did notice that one of the optional updates was the Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro and that the checkbox to install it was pre-checked. I did uncheck it but I still got the screen that said "Downloading Windows 10".

Is it possible that I'm safe to proceed after seeing the "Downloading Windows 10" message as long as I made sure to uncheck the Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro checkbox?

:)

pencat12, Aug 17, 2015
  2. Milan Rad Win User

Cursor Not Moving Between Mac & PC After Upgrading to Win10

I upgraded to Win10 and immediately found a very nagging problem. I couldn’t move my cursor between the Mac & my virtual PC, like I could with Win7.

I called both Apple and Microsoft, they pointed fingers at each other for the incompatibility problem. I use Boot Camp with Parallels and Win. I reinstalled Win7 and the cursor is back to normal.

If you know others using Boot Camp/Parallels/Win10 use caution. Won't go back to Win10 until compatibility is restored.

Milan Rad, Aug 17, 2015
  3. Installing Win 10 on SSD

I had a beta build that would not update. I also had my Win7 on a HDD, where 10 was on my SSD.

To install the final [garbage, not ready for release] ver of Win10, I had to wipe the SSD, install Win7, then upgrade to Win10.

Joe's Morgue, Aug 17, 2015
Thema:

Not ready for Win10, but Win10 nag screen won't allow Win7 updates

1. Not ready for Win10, but Win10 nag screen won't allow Win7 updates - Similar Threads - ready Win10 Win10

2. Win7 on Win10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win7 on Win10?: Hey, When i boot up my windows 10 machine i get a classic windows 7 start up menu i believe it is when i made a win7 bootable but now i have this permanently. i went so far as to reset my pc nothing works. Please help! Link to video of what happens:...
  3. Win7 ---> Win10 Updates & Privacy

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win7 ---> Win10 Updates & Privacy: I'm reluctantly starting the process of upgrading from Win7 to Win10, and I have a few concerns. How does Windows 10 Home edition currently handle installing updates? What are the recommended tools/techniques for enhancing privacy? Most of the information I've found online...
  4. Win7 to Win10 update fails with black screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win7 to Win10 update fails with black screen: I'm trying to update a win7 machine to win10. At a certain point the screen became black and nothing happen. The problem occurs when install is at "Cortana choice page", for a short time I can see a "Disconnecting" message and then the screen became black, still on but...
  5. Win7 to Win10 won't activate.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win7 to Win10 won't activate.: Hi all, I got a problem i still have about 60 notebooks left with Win7 enterprise. What i did was got the files from SCCM that we normally deploy/install our notebooks with. I started the setup and it came with a upgrade procedure, following all the steps it started...
  6. Upgrade Win7 to Win10

Upgrade Win7 to Win10: Received the following error after trying to upgrade Windows from 7 to 10. "This PC can't be upgraded to Windows 10. Your PC isn't supported yet on this version of Windows 10. No action is needed. Windows Update will offer this version of Windows 10 automatically once...
  7. Networking Win10 with Win7

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Networking Win10 with Win7: how to connect a win 10 pc with a win 7 pc in a local network via wifi ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/networking-win10-with-win7/31128bd4-e0ca-434b-9f02-73990826111c
  8. Downgrade Win10 to Win7

Downgrade Win10 to Win7: Hi.... I want to back to use Win7, I bought a new notebook with Win10 installed, Can I downgrade it to Win7? Thanks... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downgrade-win10-to-win7/2e9a1762-030d-48ad-ad2c-d0513a2b9f58
  9. Win7 games on Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win7 games on Win10: A while ago I installed Win7 games on Win10 using msgames_win8_x64.msi as mentioned in thread Hearts and Solitaire Games in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums I wondered if this was legal but did it anyway. Installing the TH2 update removed the games. I installed them again, but...
  10. Selective Win10 Updates (as in Win7)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Selective Win10 Updates (as in Win7): Hi Last time I checked Win10 it was only possible to postpone installing certain Win updates that W10 found, nothing more. Is it EVER going to be possible on W10 to do as in W7 ... namely install only the Win updates that the user wishes to install? If yes - how? Thank...