Windows 10: Not receiving the Windows 10 Fall Update (1511) - here's MS tech reply

Discus and support Not receiving the Windows 10 Fall Update (1511) - here's MS tech reply in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I've been frustrated by not receiving the new Windows 10 Fall Update (i.e. 1511) over the last couple of days via the Updates function in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by alexberry, Nov 12, 2015.

1. alexberry Win User

Not receiving the Windows 10 Fall Update (1511) - here's MS tech reply

Hi,

I've been frustrated by not receiving the new Windows 10 Fall Update (i.e. 1511) over the last couple of days via the Updates function in Windows 10 Home.

I don't want to go down the clean install route by downloading the ISO etc, because I've been through installing Windows 10 from scratch a few times over the last month since I built the PC, and I can't facing doing again. Anyway, afaik, I should get the Update through the official channel, but it's not there.

So I called MS Tech Support in USA (I'm in Scotland, UK) and they said that the fall update is only being offered to people who have upgraded to Windows 10 from a previous version of Windows, and that because I have a clean install, the MS servers don't recognise my product key (which is a totally legit retail home version). They recognise this is an issue for MS but they have not resolution...

Has anyone else come up against this problem?

Alex

:)

alexberry, Nov 12, 2015

2. Not receiving the Windows 10 Fall Update (1511) - here's MS tech reply

Check Settings>System>About to confirm you don't have Version 1511 as it will say there if you do.

If not and you dont' want to wait then do an Upgrade by running from desktop the latest media from

Media Creation Tool
    , which should have been used when doing your friend's
    Clean Install Windows 10.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Nov 12, 2015
  3. Not receiving the Windows 10 Fall Update (1511) - here's MS tech reply

I installed Windows 10 on or about November 8, 2015 and to date I have not received the 1511 update. Last weekend I installed Windows 10 on a friend's computer and 1511 installed at the same time everything else did. If and when should I receive the
    update.

Barbaraclsn, Nov 12, 2015
  4. Not receiving the Windows 10 Fall Update (1511) - here's MS tech reply

Google "Microsoft tech bench Windows 10" and there's an .iso on Microsoft's website that will do the upgrade. The update didn't show up on any of my PCs (home or work), so I figure they must be releasing it in phases. I downloaded the .iso and have done two successful upgrades so far -- apps, files, and settings intact.

kjlkjadfasdfasd, Nov 12, 2015
  5. alexberry Win User
    Thanks for the tip. I will wait until my patience runs out and go down the .iso route as you suggest. I'm somewhat bemused by MS's response, though. The lady in the tech support call centre said that I would have to buy another product key if I wanted the update, which surely can't be right.

Anyway, give it day or two and head for the .iso (once I've created an image of my current system, that is!)

Thanks again,

Alex.

alexberry, Nov 12, 2015
  6. jds63 Win User
    I am not receiving it either, i have Pro Version 64 bit. Many people here did a clean install after the upgrade and i am sure they received the update, so that makes no sense as they allow you to do a clean install after the upgrade. Guess the reasons i have not yet went that route of calling them (MS Support).

jds63, Nov 12, 2015
  7. essenbe Win User
    essenbe, Nov 12, 2015
  8. jds63 Win User

jds63, Nov 12, 2015
  9. alexberry Win User
    Thanks for all the replies. It looks like the ISO option is the way to go... I had a look, and there appears to be versions of windows in a list from which I need to select. I have the full retail version of Windows 10 Home x64. I presume it's the 'Windows 10' option I should choose rather than those with the various letters after the name.

Just to be clear, my PC is a new build with a clean install of Windows 10. It never had a previous version of windows on it, so I didn't think the 31 days restriction would apply...

alexberry, Nov 12, 2015
  10. jds63 Win User
    All version are included in the media creation tool way, it should choose the correct bit 64 or 32 bit, do not check the Windows 10 N version, just plain Windows 10. All version i mean Home, Pro

jds63, Nov 12, 2015
  11. davidhk Win User
    If you use the new Media Creation Tool as I did, you don't even have to choose the bit version, language , or Windows edition. It gives you what your computer is setup for.
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/softw...load/windows10

See this screenshot. It automatically makes the selection for me.

Not receiving the Windows 10 Fall Update (1511) - here's MS tech reply [​IMG]

davidhk, Nov 13, 2015
  12. essenbe Win User
    The Windows 10 N version is for European Union Residents, which I believe he is. Download whatever version you have now.

essenbe, Nov 13, 2015
  13. jds63 Win User

You know i had a feeling, but looking it up said something about Media Player not being on that version, thanks.

jds63, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Not receiving the Windows 10 Fall Update (1511) - here's MS tech reply - Similar Threads - receiving Fall Update

2. Haven't received reply

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Haven't received reply: I am resending this chat since I started it at 6:10 and haven't heard anything back since 6:18 and I have been messaging since then till 6:35 to get a reply. Did Technical Service team receive all my info. Haven't seen any reply. Sorry if I am pushy by am 75 and have a...
  3. Haven't received reply

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Haven't received reply: I am resending this chat since I started it at 6:10 and haven't heard anything back since 6:18 and I have been messaging since then till 6:35 to get a reply. Did Technical Service team receive all my info. Haven't seen any reply. Sorry if I am pushy by am 75 and have a...
  4. Haven't received reply

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Received an emailed Community reply from Windows 10 security issue post, but that reply...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Received an emailed Community reply from Windows 10 security issue post, but that reply...: I posted a message on the Microsoft answers section for Windows 10 security. I got back an email to my MS address from microsoftanswers at microsoft dot com the actual formatted address domain, to appearances. There was an odd looking phone number to call, claiming to be...
  6. Windows 10 mail will not receive email replies

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 mail will not receive email replies: Windows 10 mail seems to be my default mail program when I click on an email link in my browser Chrome. Works find to send a message but the email address it uses for me does not work for any replies. Outlook is my primary email program. How can I change the default program...
  7. Not receiving replies to my posts

in Windows 10 Support
    Not receiving replies to my posts: For the last week or so I have not receive email when someone replies to my posts or threads I have subscribed to. Thank you. 129588
  8. How long will 1511 receive security updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How long will 1511 receive security updates?: As in the tittle - Anyone know how long 1511 will continue to receive security updates? I've only had the 1607 update show up on 1 PC so far through WU & I think I've successfully hidden it for now with wushowhide... I don't have time to fix things right now if the update...
  9. How to Force Download Windows 10 Fall Update (1511)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to Force Download Windows 10 Fall Update (1511): Hello, I have a laptop running Windows 10, I want to update it to Windows 10 Version 1511. But when I go to updates it says my device is up to date *Sad. Need some help, Thanks! 30436
  10. Here’s What’s New in the Windows 10 Fall Update

in Windows 10 News
    Here’s What’s New in the Windows 10 Fall Update: [img] Sometime soon, Microsoft will release the Windows 10 Fall Update, incrementing the OS to version 1511 and providing users with a number of new and improved features. Here’s what you can expect from this release. First, you may recall that I previously revealed...