Windows 10: not recognizing 2nd display

Discus and support not recognizing 2nd display in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; hello everyone. I have a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series running Windows 10. I just acquired a used Lenovo thinkvision LT2252p 22 inch monitor from a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by ecafdrib, Apr 15, 2017.

1. ecafdrib Win User

not recognizing 2nd display

hello everyone. I have a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series running Windows 10. I just acquired a used Lenovo thinkvision LT2252p 22 inch monitor from a buddy of mine. I just bought a new HDMI/display port cable from amazon. The 2nd display is not getting recognized.

It is important to note that when I go to my 55 inch TV and plug the laptop into the HDMI cable there it immediately duplicates image on the TV. It's just getting this to work from laptop to new monitor.

It continually says it is in power saving mode but the laptop does not recognize the monitor.

Another interesting tidbit of info: when the laptop is off or sleeping and i start it up or lift the screen and it comes out of sleeping the 2nd display will show the "think" on the screen and appear to work, then goes right back into power save mode.

Anyone have any idea? I have already uninstalled and reinstalled graphic drivers...

kind regards

:)

ecafdrib, Apr 15, 2017

2. 2nd display is not recognized after windows 10 update

My laptop is not recognizing my 2nd display. It did work with Windows 10. I am assuming it is now a windows 10 update that is causing the problem. It now just goes back & forth trying to recognize 2nd display. My 2nd display light blinks blue, screen
    stays black. My laptop goes black then back to normal when 2nd display times out.

JHamilton11, Apr 15, 2017
  3. Installed Windows 10, monitor display problems

I installed Windows 10; now it's not recognizing the 2nd monitor; and the monitor display is stretched.

a_allen0302, Apr 15, 2017
  4. not recognizing 2nd display

Hi ecafdrib. Welcome to the TenForums @ecafdrib

First I would get the manual for the display and look up how to do reset. Usually there is an option within the monitors display menus.

Next I would take the cable from the TV and try it on the monitor or try your new cable on TV. Goal is to ensure cable is not at heart of issue.

With manual I would also check supported refresh rates.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 16, 2017
  5. Helmut Win User
    The obvious suspect is the cable, it would have to be an active one as HDMI to DisplayPort is not directly compatible.

Using Amazon is hazardous as a lot, virtually all, actually seem to be the reverse DisplayPort to HDMI and they are not bidirectional.

You could also use a HDMI to DVI-D cable.

Helmut, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

not recognizing 2nd display

1. not recognizing 2nd display - Similar Threads - recognizing 2nd display

2. 2nd Display issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2nd Display issue: I am trying to connect HDMI 2nd display with my laptop but it is only working with 800*600 resolution with a 56 refresh rate. Other resolutions are not working. Drivers, OS Reset, tried but didn't work....
  3. 2nd Display issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2nd Display issue: I am trying to connect HDMI 2nd display with my laptop but it is only working with 800*600 resolution with a 56 refresh rate. Other resolutions are not working. Drivers, OS Reset, tried but didn't work....
  4. WINDOWS 10 NOT RECOGNIZING 2ND MONITOR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WINDOWS 10 NOT RECOGNIZING 2ND MONITOR: After installing Windows 10 I am unable to get my second monitor to work. The monitor says, "no HDMI signal from your device." This monitor and video card was working fine before the upgrade. I contacted support case number 1032675835 and after going through the instructions...
  5. WINDOWS 10 NOT RECOGNIZING 2ND MONITOR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WINDOWS 10 NOT RECOGNIZING 2ND MONITOR: After installing Windows 10 I am unable to get my second monitor to work. The monitor says, "no HDMI signal from your device." This monitor and video card was working fine before the upgrade. I contacted support case number 1032675835 and after going through the instructions...
  6. 2nd monitor not displaying?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    2nd monitor not displaying?: Windows 10 home fully up to date, 32 gig of ram 6 cores Wasn't sure where to post this problem as it could be caused by a number of things? Anyway, I use a dual monitor display connected to a Nvidia Geforce GTX 1650 super graphics card, the card is only 2 months old and...
  7. 2nd monitor not displaying?

in Windows 10 Support
    2nd monitor not displaying?: Windows 10 home fully up to date, 32 gig of ram 6 cores Wasn't sure where to post this problem as it could be caused by a number of things? Anyway, I use a dual monitor display connected to a Nvidia Geforce GTX 1650 super graphics card, the card is only 2 months old and...
  8. HDMI 2nd Display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI 2nd Display: For some reason my 2nd display, HDMI, isn't connecting. The computer can't detect it. What next? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-2nd-display/054c4bb4-ff71-410c-9e9e-d1d8715d35b8
  9. 2nd display monitor

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    2nd display monitor: how do a separate display monitor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2nd-display-monitor/09d4b72e-1bb8-4645-8a67-76c0240bbd03"
  10. 2nd display not detected

in Windows 10 Customization
    2nd display not detected: I did a clean re-install of Windows 10 from a .iso file yesterday. Now my laptop does not detect my second display. Any suggestions for a fix please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2nd-display-not-detected/29c7846f-2436-46e3-b606-2196acc68705