Windows 10: Not Responding in Internet Explorer 11.

Discus and support Not Responding in Internet Explorer 11. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Windows 10, IE 11...desktop on a good WiFi connection. Since the Anniversary Windows update IE 11 is now plagued with 'Not Responding' reports on all... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by EJB986, Oct 19, 2016.

1. EJB986 Win User

Not Responding in Internet Explorer 11.

Windows 10, IE 11...desktop on a good WiFi connection.
    Since the Anniversary Windows update IE 11 is now plagued with 'Not Responding' reports on all websites/forums.
    Sometimes a click of the back button restores things and sometimes I have to come off the internet and start again.
    It can operate OK for up to 30 minutes without a problem...other times 2 minutes.

I have never tried another browser (except Edge) and have used IE right from the beginning of Windows....have always made things work and never believed in simple adding more programmes instead of resolving an issue.

Have two similar PC's, the other is Ethernet connected, and prior to the Anniversary update that too had a slight 'Not Responding' problem...but now OK!

PS. My BT/Yahoo EMail operates OK.

:)

EJB986, Oct 19, 2016
  2. David J64 Win User

"Internet Explorer Not Responding" and browser will freeze on Windows 10.

Original Title: Internet Explorer - not responding

Hi,

I have Windows 10 and Internet Explorer 11. Recently IE has started to freeze and come up with the message 'Internet Explorer Not Responding'.

My system is up to date.

An ideas?

Thanks

David J64, Oct 19, 2016
  3. VMK3 Win User
    Internet Explorer 11 not responding

Thank you Andre , I also have had to start using Google Chrome but only to be able to get onto the net. I still can not figure out what is going on. IE and any thing linked to the it or the net do not work, like clicking on anything like the MS store,
    it is just dead, I am guessing that is because IE the link is not working. And just this morning I find that the "Caluculator" I have used for years from Win 7 to Win 10 is also not working, it tells me I have to go to the Store and pick the new one "Easy
    Caluculator", but I like the old one and no one writes anything nice about this new one, and I can not download it anyway because the link is still stuck to IE ... I have tried all the things everyone has said the get IE working and the links to work, so far
    nothing is working. Again, Please anyone Help, I need a fix for this, a patch, an update, please what will repair this? HELP!!!

4. dustymars Win User

M$ does not care. I gave up on IE 11 and now use FireFox. Wish IE 11 still worked. *Sad

dustymars, Oct 19, 2016
  5. torre Win User
    Did you check Event Viewer and Device Manger ? May be an issue with a network driver.

Also, troubleshoot your network. Right click the icon in lower right of taskbar.

torre, Oct 20, 2016
  6. EJB986 Win User
    Troubleshooter didn't show anything.
    Checked Event Log and under App and Services Logs.....Internet Explorer and all others have no events logged!
    Perhaps I can activate that log somehow?
    No appropriate event entries in the Device Manage...Network Adaptors.
    Thank you.

EJB986, Oct 20, 2016
  7. torre Win User
    Strange, sounds like a network issue to me.

Try to reset IE. Also, is your connection wifi. If so, try to use ethernet connection to see if same issue.

Could your AV be an issue ? May try to disable to see if any effect.

torre, Oct 20, 2016
  8. EJB986 Win User

Thanks.
    Will try your suggestions on Monday when I have the time.

EJB986, Oct 20, 2016
  9. EJB986 Win User
    I reset IE without selecting 'Delete Personal Settings'....(I tried this as an easier option!) it seems to be working fine now.
    Will update tomorrow after a couple more hours testing.

EJB986, Oct 23, 2016
  10. EJB986 Win User
    It's certainly better but still not right.
    Will do a full reset in the next day or so and report back!

EJB986, Oct 26, 2016
  11. EJB986 Win User
    I have done a full reset and the problem is still intermittent and not nearly as bad as it was.
    I will leave it for some time before I decide on my next actions.
    Thanks for your help!

EJB986, Oct 29, 2016
  12. torre Win User
    If the problem persists, you may consider a System Restore and if not effective a Reset of your pc.

Info is available in the tutorials above.

torre, Oct 31, 2016
  13. EJB986 Win User

Thanks.
    System restore was tried but it was the Anniversary update then the next Windows update that caused the problems.
    Similar problems on two near identical PCs.
    Will wait and for the first time ever may well try a different browser....if only Edge was up to it?

EJB986, Oct 31, 2016
  14. flhthemi Win User
    I notice BIG problems with IE and Facebook! Very often IE won't even load FB at all! Today...it seems fine but tomorrow is another story *Wink I think M$ is trying real hard to make us all switch to Edge, the lamest browser in history.

flhthemi, Nov 16, 2016
  15. EJB986 Win User
    Update.
    2 of my 3 PCs have sorted their selves out. The 3rd, mine, I have gone to Edge and it is running well.
    So generally a reasonable outcome without using a third party browser, which I have never done.
    Apart from not being able to adjust the Favourites list on the right of the screen it is acceptable. (Posted this problem elsewhere).

I do agree that MS seem to be favouring Edge over all else......trouble is if they do users will go over to all the other browsers anyway! Perhaps they are happy to take a hit simple to retire IE in the short term!

Thanks again I'm out*Wink

EJB986, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Not Responding in Internet Explorer 11. - Similar Threads - Responding Internet Explorer

2. Internet Explorer 11

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Explorer 11: Hi all I purchased Clip Studio Paint and it will only function with Internet Explorer 11. I downloaded it onto my computer I am using Win 10, but IE 11 will not connect to my internet. I have gone through all the stuff with the settings, advanced settings, have restarted my...
  3. Internet explorer 11

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Internet explorer 11: Internet explorer is not installed on my devices and icloud will only sync bookmark etc. with this and not the edge browser. Where can I find this download. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-explorer-11/3fd9abe4-4ce3-42e3-9e63-85a391e39ab9
  4. Internet Explorer 11

Internet Explorer 11: I installed Internet Explorer 11, but it doesn't show up anywhere. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-explorer-11/5022db90-6b28-4c89-88d2-1dc65513eca3
  5. Internet Explorer 11

in Windows 10 Customization
    Internet Explorer 11: Internet Explorer 11 is nowhere to be found on my computer. I'm using Windows 10 (64 bit). It's just not there. How do I find it or do I need to download it even though I'm told it's included in Windows 10?...
  6. Internet explorer 11

in Windows 10 Customization
    Internet explorer 11: I can't find Internet Explorer 11 on my computer and it was they're like 2 months ago. What do I do? I've gone on to add it on programs and features and it's not even there and it's not under Windows accessories in the start menu...
  7. Internet Explorer 11

Internet Explorer 11: I uninstalled IE 11 after it ceased being accessible from my Windows10 laptop. I was not able to reinstall using any method. Is there a fix for this? Scotty...
  8. Internet Explorer 11

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer 11: Hi again, I managed to see my friends Windows 10, Home edition, manage to get another problem now. I did try to change the default browser i.e. change Windows Edge to Internet explorer. However when I clicked on change browser, internet explorer was chosen, nothing...
  9. Internet Explorer 11

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer 11: Not too keen on the Edge browser so how can I go back to my IE 11 and still keep Edge. 33157
  10. Internet Explorer 11

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer 11: Internet explorer 11 will not open, did an upgrade from 8.1 to 10 home edition. I have run a repair install & dism /restorehealth , unchecked ie 11 in programs & features rebooted and still nothing need help. 23758

Users found this page by searching for:

1. internet explorer 11 not responding