Windows 10: Not responding issue

Discus and support Not responding issue in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; hi, I've been using XP, windows 7,8,8.1 and 10 for the past 8 years. With each OS, I have been getting the same message of "not responding" I am so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by bruinator, Jan 8, 2016.

1. bruinator Win User

Not responding issue

hi, I've been using XP, windows 7,8,8.1 and 10 for the past 8 years. With each OS, I have been getting the same message of "not responding" I am so sick of it that i feel like leaving windows all together. I can not figure out what is causing it. I have not used much installed memory over the yrs and was wondering if that was part of the issue?

I have always used an AV either eset or bitdefender with both Superantispyware and malwarebytes all running at the same time. MS suggested that I disable SAS and malwarebytes but can keep them running in case I wanted scan downloaded files with either. Can someone plz help me out with this issue as I am so tired of it. Plz help.

Here u go:

Not responding issue [​IMG]

Plz help thx

thx

:)

bruinator, Jan 8, 2016
  2. dinhquyen Win User

windows 10 not responding issue

I do not know how I changed the wrong configuration. I want to reset but not refresh

dinhquyen, Jan 8, 2016
  3. windows 10 not responding issue

Hi there...

i am using windows 10 creators update 1703 since then i'm facing a problem. Whenever i want to open my computer or chrome or any other program it says the program is not responding it takes 30 to 40 seconds to open the particular file or program or sometimes
    it won't open that file anybody have a solution for this

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

AkshayRalebhat-Patil, Jan 8, 2016
  4. bruinator Win User

Not responding issue

can i plz get some help with this?

thx

bruinator, Jan 8, 2016
  5. Private Win User
    Did you follow the MS suggestion?

Private, Jan 8, 2016
  6. Word Man Win User
    Welcome to TenForums, bruinator.

Sorry, but I'm finding those 5 images you posted useless. The links they are embedded with are faulty for me and even if I check the url through properties of each and go there, the resolution is insufficient to read the display text.

Aside from that, I think perhaps MS (if they weren't actually) should have made their recommendation not to "disable" MBAM and SAS per se, but simply to not allow them to run in real-time but only "on demand". We can get into those options if you don't know how to do this.

I have SAS installed on an XP desktop that has Norton Security running all the time - but SAS only does scheduled scans for me, not running in the background all the time.

MBAM only runs real-time in the paid version as I recall - do you have paid version or free of MBAM installed? MBAM real-time (constantly running in the background) protection often plays nicely with other primary security (antivirus / firewall / malware) programs but no guarantee that this would be the case with your system.

Word Man, Jan 8, 2016
  7. bruinator Win User
    Thx for the welcome. If SAS and MBAM dont seem to be the issue to you than what else do you think it could be plz?

thx

bruinator, Jan 8, 2016
  8. Word Man Win User

Not responding issue

I didn't mean to give the impression or suggest that SAS or MBAM are NOT the issue for YOU. I would first, as Private asked about and (I believe MS is actually suggesting), make sure you've put SAS and MBAM out of the actively running picture in order to rule them out as culprits. After that, if the problem persists, you'll know it's likely some other problem and we can discuss that.

Word Man, Jan 8, 2016
  9. bruinator Win User
    Yes, I tried that before I even posted here. I thought i said that. Any other ideas are welcomed.

thx

bruinator, Jan 8, 2016
  10. bruinator Win User
    Thx for the welcome. If SAS and MBAM dont seem to be the issue to you than what else do you think it could be plz?

thx

bruinator, Jan 8, 2016
  11. Private Win User
    Did the "not responding" happen when you're doing something? If yes, what is it? Did error box shows up or notifications or some sort like that?

Private, Jan 8, 2016
  12. Dadicator Win User
    Windows 10 is a strange beast -- When it comes to Anti-Virus / Malware -- I have had Microsoft Windows 10 Physically Remove Eset Nod32 V8 from a computer and self install "Security Essentials" Now under the name of "Defender" Defender use to be a malware Program / Security Essential's use to be Anti-Virus ==> NO MORE ==> Windows Defender is Anti-Virus and Malware Combined -- And it does not play well with others. Like I said it removed Nod32 V8 fro a windows 10 machine and installed Defender Automatically. Big Bother is Here built into Windows 10 "The Last Windows Host OS before moving on to SAS business Model. . . .

Dadicator, Jan 8, 2016
  13. bruinator Win User

Not responding issue

Happens at will. Any other ideas guys as I would really like to fix this issue. thx

bruinator, Jan 8, 2016
  14. Word Man Win User
    It may be easiest to help you resolve this with more information:

1) Fill out your user profile's system specs (please follow the tutorial here: System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums , also the free version of speccy: Download Speccy | Find your computer specs, free! is popular at TenForums for helping you get this info).

2) With MBAM and SAS real-time protection switched off, what security software do you now have running (eset or bit defender)? You could conceivably have no 3rd party software running and rely only on Windows 10 Defender - but that's a personal decision you'll have to make.

Once we're more specifically clued in on what you're running and what equipment you're running it on, we can help more.

Word Man, Jan 8, 2016
  15. bruinator Win User
    ok, did what u suggested. noow what plz?

thx

bruinator, Jan 9, 2016
Thema:

Not responding issue

1. Not responding issue - Similar Threads - responding issue

2. Post update-failure issues- Windoes is not responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Post update-failure issues- Windoes is not responding: Hello,I have Lenovo thinkpad T460 with Windows 10 64x. Around two months ago, an update was notified and I selected update and shutdown. After that it started updating the system, I waited for more than half hour, but the system was still updating. I had to force shutdown the...
  3. Post update-failure issues- Windoes is not responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Post update-failure issues- Windoes is not responding: Hello,I have Lenovo thinkpad T460 with Windows 10 64x. Around two months ago, an update was notified and I selected update and shutdown. After that it started updating the system, I waited for more than half hour, but the system was still updating. I had to force shutdown the...
  4. Post update-failure issues- Windoes is not responding

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Fingerprint reader not responding issue after windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint reader not responding issue after windows 11 update: My fingerprint reader stopped working after windows 11 update what should i do? whenever i take windows hello it shows to set up fingerprint . But after typing my password , no vibration in my fingerprint reader when in put my finger over it. And I can't login to my laptop...
  6. Fingerprint reader not responding issue after windows 11 update

Fingerprint reader not responding issue after windows 11 update: My fingerprint reader stopped working after windows 11 update what should i do? whenever i take windows hello it shows to set up fingerprint . But after typing my password , no vibration in my fingerprint reader when in put my finger over it. And I can't login to my laptop...
  7. Latest security update KB5031356 causes "start icon to not respond. Is this a known issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Latest security update KB5031356 causes "start icon to not respond. Is this a known issue?: The "start" icon at the bottom left of the lower taskbar stopped working following installation of the latest security update. I have had to uninstall the update to restore functionality to the "start " button--is this a common issue??...
  8. Latest security update KB5031356 causes "start icon to not respond. Is this a known issue?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest security update KB5031356 causes "start icon to not respond. Is this a known issue?: The "start" icon at the bottom left of the lower taskbar stopped working following installation of the latest security update. I have had to uninstall the update to restore functionality to the "start " button--is this a common issue??...
  9. Latest security update KB5031356 causes "start icon to not respond. Is this a known issue?

10. How can I fix this issue. I am trying to open YouTube but it stops responding.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I fix this issue. I am trying to open YouTube but it stops responding.: When I checked the Event Viewer, it shows:Name resolution for the name www.youtube.com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded. Client PID 14868.I have searched the internet to solve this issue but couldn't find any solutions. I just bought a new laptop...