Windows 10: Not seeing other mail folders

Discus and support Not seeing other mail folders in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Just installed a new PC with W10 and am having issues using Windows e-mail. I successfully set up an account to link with my e-mail provider and do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Nicholas258, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Not seeing other mail folders

Just installed a new PC with W10 and am having issues using Windows e-mail. I successfully set up an account to link with my e-mail provider and do receive incoming e-mails, but all of the other previously established folders set up with my provider are not showing up in Windows. I've spoken with the provider and have verified that most setting protocols are correct (IMAP; non-SSL; authentication; etc), the only settings not verified are the ports. But I can't find anything in Windows e-mail to allow for verification or change of port settings, so based on a previous Microsoft comment, I added in the port setting, ex. 993, right after the outgoing/incoming server info; ex: mail.xxxxxxx.com:993:1. I also saw a variation of this without the Not seeing other mail folders :)1) being added; neither solution worked as I still cannot get the other folders. So, after more than a few hours of research and talking, e-mailing and chatting with others, I've reached a decision point to cancel using Windows e-mail, but I'm willing to give it one more try. Any solutions out there?

[Original subject: Windows e-mail issue]

:)

Nicholas258, Jul 30, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. *Smile

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jul 30, 2018
  3. Windows Live email folders

Hi,

I would suggest you locate the Windows Live Mail Folder and see if your important folders are available.

Follow the steps below:

Step 1: Show all hidden Files.

• Click on File Explorer and then click on the View Tab.
    • Check Show Hidden Files/Folders.
    Step 2: Open the WLM Store folder.

• Go to the Mentioned path: C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail
    • Now go to the Storage folders location and look for your important folders.
    • If they are available, follow the steps below.
    • Make a copy of Windows Live Mail Folders and store it in a path you can easily access.
    • Now, open Windows Live Mail Account.
    • Click Alt + F key and press Import Messages.
    • Select Windows Live Mail and click Next.
    • Browse the folder and locate the file.
    • Finally press Next.
    • You will find your imported messages in the Imported folder.
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Jul 30, 2018
  4. Not seeing other mail folders

Mail folders

Hi Charmaine,

You may add folders in the Mail app by utilizing the Add folder (+) icon.

In order to do so, please follow these steps:

• Under Folders, click More.
    • A pane will open then across All Folders click on the
      +
      icon.
    • You can name the folder then press Enter.

Please let us know if you encounter any issues with adding a new folder.

Katrina Men, Jul 30, 2018
Thema:

Not seeing other mail folders

1. Not seeing other mail folders - Similar Threads - seeing mail folders

2. mail for other mail unable to sync

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mail for other mail unable to sync: I recently managed to configure to able to receive/send using my corporate email address. It is failing to sync, what could problem? Assist me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-for-other-mail-unable-to-sync/caec0fe1-520c-4782-a8bf-c2272b91cdb0
  3. mail for other mail unable to sync

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mail for other mail unable to sync: I recently managed to configure to able to receive/send using my corporate email address. It is failing to sync, what could problem? Assist me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-for-other-mail-unable-to-sync/caec0fe1-520c-4782-a8bf-c2272b91cdb0
  4. Can other apps see Windows Defender Exclusions folders?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can other apps see Windows Defender Exclusions folders?: Hi recently I added some exclusions to windows defender there were some games folder but can other apps see that I exclude those folder to get scan please answerif that make any sense I don't really know how to explain this...
  5. Mail Folders

in Browsers and Email
    Mail Folders: Puzzled? Minor point, but for me annoying Win10 Mail has two dispatched traffic folders, namely Sent Messages and Sent Items Why two folders, as it appears to be Hobson's Choice as to in which folder messages go Equals yet more clutter, plus the need to trawl two separate...
  6. Mail Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Mail Folders: Puzzled? Minor point, but for me annoying Win10 Mail has two dispatched traffic folders, namely Sent Messages and Sent Items Why two folders, as it appears to be Hobson's Choice as to in which folder messages go Equals yet more clutter, plus the need to trawl two separate...
  7. Windows Mail Messages Saved To Other Folders

Windows Mail Messages Saved To Other Folders: When I receive emails from clients, I save them to my hard drive in folders named for the client; e.g., C:\Clients\SmithCo I then delete the email from my mail in-box. Sometimes I need to retrieve an email and reply to it. When I double click on the email file name, it...
  8. Mail folders

Mail folders: Two of my email folders have been removed. One is SPAM/Junk and the other is a folder I created. How do I restore a SPAM folder? The APP is useless without it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-folders/b5eeb6dd-b045-4d08-bb38-281966252578
  9. See all my e-mail folders in C Drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    See all my e-mail folders in C Drive?: Windows 10, is there a way I could see all my folders that I have in my Mozilla and Hotmail account, in the C: Drive? I used to see them way back with Windows but now I cannot figure it out. I have many folders in my email accounts that I save all the folders every year and...
  10. Windows 10 Mail .......How to see all folders ?

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail .......How to see all folders ?: Folders menu only shows : INBOX , MORE I find it very annoying to click on MORE, just to see any other folders : SENT, DELETED, JUNK, ETC.... Is there any way to have ALL folders showing up in FOLDERS menu ? 110541