Windows 10: Not Supported on Windows 10 = Will Not Work, May Cause Trouble?

Discus and support Not Supported on Windows 10 = Will Not Work, May Cause Trouble? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; If an application, driver, etc.. says that "Windows 10 is not supported", does that mean that it will not work, or might mess something up, sooner or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AllenChicago, Nov 3, 2015.

1. Not Supported on Windows 10 = Will Not Work, May Cause Trouble?

If an application, driver, etc.. says that "Windows 10 is not supported", does that mean that it will not work, or might mess something up, sooner or later?

Or, does "Not Supported" simply mean that the program or device will work, but don't expect any updates?

For instance, Microsoft says that VISTA isn't supported, but that O.S. is running just fine on my 2008 Toshiba laptop. AMD says that the 4350HD video card on my HP P.C. is "Not Supported" under Windows 10, but it works. A little confused over exactly what "Not Supported" really means.
    -Allen

:)

AllenChicago, Nov 3, 2015

2. Cortana cannot connect to internet via Voice command

CORTANA NOT CONNECTING TO INTERNET MY INTERNET IS STRONG

Cortona will not work, Nov 3, 2015
  3. Snake Boa Win User
    Error " program name may cause things to not function properly"

Original Title: File alert

File name warning.

Has or is anyone else getting this warning at start up,

Says a program name may cause things to not function properly. It can be fixed by changing the file name to this. ( wont include since I dont know what it is}

Just wondering if any one else has this happening.

Have done nothing accept start up and entered pin # then it appears

Snake Boa, Nov 3, 2015
  4. LMiller7 Win User

Not Supported on Windows 10 = Will Not Work, May Cause Trouble?

"Not supported" can have many meanings, all equally valid. It depends on who is using the term and in what context.

Whether or not an OS is supported has nothing to do with how or if it works. An unsupported OS simply means that there are no new updates being produced for it. It can work for years to come after it becomes "unsupported". NT 4 hasn't been supported for more than 10 years but I am sure some businesses are still using it every day.

When AMD says the 4350HD video card is unsupported it means that no Windows 10 specific drivers have been written and AMD will not support it's use. If it works for you, great. If it doesn't, too bad. It may continue to work without issue or it may fail with the next update. AMD won't help you.

LMiller7, Nov 3, 2015
  5. LMiller7, thank-you for the reply and clarification of what "Not Supported" can mean in the technical world.

So essentially, if you download a program or driver that's "unsupported", the designer/manufacturer is telling you that they are not liable for anything that could happen to your computer, as a result of using their product. If my AMD 4350HD video card malfunctions, and I'm using Windows-10, don't even bother calling or e-mailing AMD support. OK...got it.

The fact that Microsoft no longer supports VISTA, doesn't mean that they've totally abandoned it..which is a good thing. I still get VISTA security updates and the Malicious Tool every month. Thanks again for taking the time to reply, LMiller7.
    -Allen

AllenChicago, Nov 4, 2015
  6. Berton Win User
    According to this Microsoft chart Vista is still in Extended Support until April 2017.
    Windows lifecycle fact sheet - Windows Help

Berton, Nov 4, 2015
  7. LMiller7 Win User
    Vista is still in extended support and will be until April 11, 2017.
    The situation with Windows 7 is the same except for the date, January 14, 2020
    You will receive security updates during extended support, but not after.

LMiller7, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Not Supported on Windows 10 = Will Not Work, May Cause Trouble?

1. Not Supported on Windows 10 = Will Not Work, May Cause Trouble? - Similar Threads - Supported May Cause

2. speakers work fine but cause trouble on video chat

in Windows 10 Gaming
    speakers work fine but cause trouble on video chat: Hello,I noticed the other day a problem while using Zoom - it slowed down my computer and lagged, and I think it has to do with the speakers. I have a hard time hearing other participants and they say there's an echo from my mic. My video is lagging too. It's so bad I can't...
  3. speakers work fine but cause trouble on video chat

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    speakers work fine but cause trouble on video chat: Hello,I noticed the other day a problem while using Zoom - it slowed down my computer and lagged, and I think it has to do with the speakers. I have a hard time hearing other participants and they say there's an echo from my mic. My video is lagging too. It's so bad I can't...
  4. speakers work fine but cause trouble on video chat

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. KB5001330 is now causing trouble for more Windows 10 users

in Windows 10 News
    KB5001330 is now causing trouble for more Windows 10 users: It looks like the upgrade woes are far from over with the new KB5001330 cumulative update. According to new reports, Windows 10 KB5001330 update is throwing up some odd error messages when the device is connected to Windows Mixed Reality headsets and it’s also troubling...
  6. Monitor auto detection of windows 10 causing trouble

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor auto detection of windows 10 causing trouble: Hi, still an unsolved problem with displays that are switched off to save energy and Windows rearranging the desktop... I want to disable this presence-detection-function for displays - how can this be done? And please do not recommend to update any drivers or such stuff...
  7. The new Windows 10 update (probably?) causes a lot of trouble.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The new Windows 10 update (probably?) causes a lot of trouble.: I am not 100% sure how to explain my issue, so Ill just say what happened: After a while of not playing minecraft, I decided to play it yesterday. It crashed, and I though its a minecraft issue. it kept giving me errors about not enough memory even though I definetly have...
  8. VPN causing computer troubles.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    VPN causing computer troubles.: whenever I turn my vpn off(NORDVPN) I am unable to connect to my wifi(it says it's connected but it doesn't work). Then when I go to restart my pc, it takes forever, and then I get hit with the blue screen that says "I ran into a problem". How can I fix this? submitted by...
  9. Trouble signing in to support

in Windows 10 Customization
    Trouble signing in to support: I am logged in to my MS account. When I click on support and start the chat with the bot, I get to the part where it says sign in. I'm brought back to the sign in over and over. Then I finally get this error message. How am I supposed to get help with this and the...
  10. My version of Windows 10 will be no longer supported in May of 2020!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My version of Windows 10 will be no longer supported in May of 2020!: I have a older computer that has Windows 10 version 1809 installed in which will no longer be supported by Microsoft. I want to know what to do next, I have until May of 2020 to make a decision. Is there a way to fix the problem?...