Windows 10: Not Sure What I Did To Cause This? No Left Pane Content...

Discus and support Not Sure What I Did To Cause This? No Left Pane Content... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; so whadya think folks, what could i have possibly done to cause the left pane folders to disappear when i'm trying to save something, like an image, or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by aeneas1, May 14, 2017.

1. aeneas1 Win User

Not Sure What I Did To Cause This? No Left Pane Content...

so whadya think folks, what could i have possibly done to cause the left pane folders to disappear when i'm trying to save something, like an image, or when i try to install a program during the "pick other destination" dialog? my pc seems to be running just fine, and when i open explorer everything shows as usual in the left pane... any help would be appreciated!

ps - reboot does nothing nor does killing explorer in task manager and then restarting it....

Not Sure What I Did To Cause This? No Left Pane Content... [​IMG]

:)

aeneas1, May 14, 2017

2. Yikes! Not sure what I did

Buffy

You set what open a particular file in default program control panel. (win key +"X">control panel>default programs>associate a file type....

What is opening them now?

What type of file are they (for example "doc" files, or "jpeg", etc)?

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), May 14, 2017
  3. Buffy12 Win User
    Yikes! Not sure what I did

I have somehow changed the program I was using to open Word documents and my pictures. How do I correct this?

Buffy12, May 14, 2017
  4. aeneas1 Win User

plot thickens.... if use the up arrow (next to the address bar) to navigate to the top, i get the following, besides being strange in that my c: drive isn't visible, neither is my d: drive... as mentioned before, everything is find in explorer...

Not Sure What I Did To Cause This? No Left Pane Content... [​IMG]

aeneas1, May 14, 2017
  5. Eagle51 Win User
    Try this ... Click on Organize / Layout / Navigation Pane

Eagle51, May 14, 2017
  6. aeneas1 Win User
    that was one of the first things i tried, for the heck of it, even tho that's not the prob, as you can see the panel is there, just no folders, the "organize>layout>navigation panel" setting simply hides the left pane or shows it... and again, this only happens with the (for a lack of a better term) "dialog explorer", the explorer that pops up when you try to save something, the "regular" explorer is fine....

aeneas1, May 14, 2017
  7. Eagle51 Win User
    Yea, figured that would've been to easy *Smile If you haven't already, try running sfc /scannow and see what it says.

Eagle51, May 14, 2017
  8. aeneas1 Win User

thanks for trying e51.... also, had already tried sfc /scannow, everything reported as fine....

aeneas1, May 14, 2017
  9. aeneas1 Win User
    update.... looks like it worked itself out, everything is fine now, very weird.

aeneas1, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Not Sure What I Did To Cause This? No Left Pane Content... - Similar Threads - Sure Did Cause

2. Not sure what is the cause of my BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not sure what is the cause of my BSOD: Does anyone know what could be the problem I done a windows memory diagnostic test and everything went well Update my drivers Laptop is not over heating or anything...
  3. Not sure what is the cause of my BSOD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Not sure what is the cause of my BSOD: Does anyone know what could be the problem I done a windows memory diagnostic test and everything went well Update my drivers Laptop is not over heating or anything...
  4. Not sure, what causes this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not sure, what causes this?: My computer, is a Dell laptop.Running Windows 10.Copy/paste is a very useful function,in Windows. I use it, all the time!Many times, after doing a copy. When I, paste it down.What shows up, is a 9+ ??I'm sure, I can't stop it. I, just wondered. Where it, comes from?And why, I...
  5. Not sure, what causes this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not sure, what causes this?: My computer, is a Dell laptop.Running Windows 10.Copy/paste is a very useful function,in Windows. I use it, all the time!Many times, after doing a copy. When I, paste it down.What shows up, is a 9+ ??I'm sure, I can't stop it. I, just wondered. Where it, comes from?And why, I...
  6. Not sure, what causes this?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. I’m not sure what I did, but when a YouTube video plays on the left screen this...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I’m not sure what I did, but when a YouTube video plays on the left screen this...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ViciousVeggieViking [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f0k61k/im_not_sure_what_i_did_but_when_a_youtube_video/
  8. Not sure what caused these BSODs?

Not sure what caused these BSODs?: Last tuesday I had replaced my one 8 gb stick of RAM with 2 new 8 gb sticks of RAM. It was fine the first day, but the next day when shutting down I got a BSOD saying "EVENT TRACING FATAL ERROR". I was able to boot up and use my computer fine afterwards without any other...
  9. resolution is wonky, not sure what i did

resolution is wonky, not sure what i did: I was trying to fix my resolution and now it's "slightly squished." Here's a pic of my screen currently: https://imgur.com/a/zG3iYsF I'm not sure if you guys can tell, but it's squished a bit. If I set it to "1680x1050 - recommended" it REALLY messes up and leaves huge...
  10. Frequent BSODs, not sure what the cause is

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent BSODs, not sure what the cause is: I've been getting frequent BSODs tonight. Started all of a sudden, screen went black. Then one after another, BSODs kept dropping. The black screen didn't give an error, but the machine hit a BSOD right away on boot with "IRQL_GT_ZERO_AT_SYSTEM_SERVICE". A little while...