Windows 10: Not Sure Whether Elevated Device Manager Is Working Properly

Discus and support Not Sure Whether Elevated Device Manager Is Working Properly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Some time ago, at Tech Support Forum | Experts Online now for FREE Support!, I learned to launch an elevated Device Manager by using Cortana to search... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by gregyurkon, Dec 10, 2015.

1. Not Sure Whether Elevated Device Manager Is Working Properly

Some time ago, at Tech Support Forum | Experts Online now for FREE Support!, I learned to launch an elevated Device Manager by using Cortana to search for "devmgmt.msc," then right-clicking the search result and selecting "Run as administrator," then look for yellow flags next to drivers which need updating. I've done that several times, including earlier today, and I've never seen any yellow flags, but today I installed Windows Update MiniTool and I discovered that there were 6 drivers which needed updating. Anyway, whenever I launch an elevated Device Manager, I never see anything to indicate that it's elevated, and there's never a UAC dialog like there is whenever I run anything else as an administrator. Are these behaviors normal, or does something need to be fixed?

:)

gregyurkon, Dec 10, 2015

2. The Device manager not working properly - can't select "Action" tab - no drop-down menu

ok... I'm new to this. I have downloaded a new driver package from the manufacturer, but how do I install them if there are now symbols, i.e. the speaker / sound symbol in the device manager? Also, i had to unzip the files and there are now .exe files. I
    think I know how to install manually, but what do i select before i direct the pc to load new drivers from the desktop?

Also, shoudnn't the action tab in the device manager work?

Thanks,

Catherine C_1919, Dec 10, 2015
  3. The Device manager not working properly - can't select "Action" tab - no drop-down menu

Everything?

Usually, after a clean install, you need drivers. Please let us know the make and model.

Sumit Dhiman2, Dec 10, 2015
  4. Not Sure Whether Elevated Device Manager Is Working Properly

I recently concluded that the information I received about an elevated Device Manager was probably bogus.

gregyurkon, Dec 18, 2015
Thema:

Not Sure Whether Elevated Device Manager Is Working Properly

1. Not Sure Whether Elevated Device Manager Is Working Properly - Similar Threads - Sure Whether Elevated

2. Bluetooth devices not working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth devices not working properly: Hi, I have a new pc with windows 11 pro installed. The motherboard has bluetooth built in but when i try to connect a device some of them are not showing up in the list of device that are ready to connect.All drivers in my pc are up to date, i've also tried to disinstall and...
  3. Bluetooth Device not working properly.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Device not working properly.: So... I'm having an issue.I bought a generic bluetooth adapter for my PC and it keeps disconnecting my Xbox Series X controller whenever I connect it, it literally goes for 15 seconds and then disconnects. So, I looked the issue online and a solution was to go to Device...
  4. Not sure whether RAM or Motherboard are causing BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not sure whether RAM or Motherboard are causing BSOD: Been experiencing near-daily issues with BSOD. All signs point to a RAM error, but I have run both memtest86 and a memory diagnostic to test the issue. Both tests reported zero issues. My Dad suggested that it could be my motherboard which is running the latest BIOS that is...
  5. Not sure whether RAM or Motherboard are causing BSOD

Not sure whether RAM or Motherboard are causing BSOD: Been experiencing near-daily issues with BSOD. All signs point to a RAM error, but I have run both memtest86 and a memory diagnostic to test the issue. Both tests reported zero issues. My Dad suggested that it could be my motherboard which is running the latest BIOS that is...
  6. Windows 10 not properly recognizing devices in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 not properly recognizing devices in Device Manager: I have an Acer Nitro laptop model number AN517-51 running the latest version of Windows 10. Windows 10 is fully up to date. I am using a Corsair K95 RGB Platinum gaming keyboard and a Logitech G502 Lightspeed wireless gaming mouse. I am troubleshooting issues with the game...
  7. Windows 10 not properly recognizing devices in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 not properly recognizing devices in Device Manager: I have an Acer Nitro laptop model number AN517-51 running the latest version of Windows 10. Windows 10 is fully up to date. I am using a Corsair K95 RGB Platinum gaming keyboard and a Logitech G502 Lightspeed wireless gaming mouse. I am troubleshooting issues with the game...
  8. Windows 10 not properly recognizing devices in Device Manager

9. Whether Sleep nor Hibernate work properly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Whether Sleep nor Hibernate work properly: Hey Guys, my laptop cannot go to sleep because when it goes to sleep and i try to wake it again, i only see the dell logo stuck and i have to force restart my XPS 13. If i use hibernate it goes to hibernate but if i try to turn my laptop on again there’s only a bluescreen......
  10. Windows Privilege Elevation Management

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Privilege Elevation Management: Hello, I am configuring our privilege manager for our workstations at my business. I am having a debate on whether I want to allow ANYTHING to elevate from "trusted" directories i.e. Program Files and Windows directories that are owned by elevated users or make dozens of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. runwth elevated rights is not working properly

2. DO I NEED ELEVATED RIGHTS TO DEVICE MANAGER