Windows 10: Not using touch screen

Discus and support Not using touch screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm planning to buy a new laptop but will never be using the touch screen. Will I lose any functionality in Win10 by just using a mouse and keyboard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MarkB, Jan 4, 2016.

1. MarkB Win User

Not using touch screen

I'm planning to buy a new laptop but will never be using the touch screen. Will I lose any functionality in Win10 by just using a mouse and keyboard with a touch-screen laptop? Do touch screen models use a different version of Win10?

BTW, I know I can buy a non-touch screen model and may do that, but we're looking for a large screen and non-touch choices are limited.

:)

MarkB, Jan 4, 2016

2. Not able to answer calls using touch screen in 5800 xpressmusic

What does "slide the screen mean"? The 5800 screen is touch sensitive & fixed !

mariner2020, Jan 4, 2016
  3. farby Win User
    Not able to answer calls using touch screen in 5800 xpressmusic

When you receive a call you will see 2 arrow bands... One in Green moving from Left to Right ( ANSWER) and other Blue moving from Right to Left (UNLOCK).. To Answer call you have to swipe your finger on the Green Band from Left to Right.. For unlocking the
    phone swipe on the lower band from Right to Left...

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--If you find this helpful, pl. hit the White Star in Green Box...

farby, Jan 4, 2016
  4. CountMike New Member

Not using touch screen

There's no problem with that, any icons or tiles are clickable with mouse, just like everywhere else. For touch screen devices there is "Tablet mode" and can be turned off to behave same as any other desktop/laptop. If device doesn't have touch screen, Tablet mode is disabled by default.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...dows-10-a.html

There's no special version of Windows for such cases except for Windows phones.

CountMike, Jan 4, 2016
  5. MarkB Win User
    Many thanks. Simple answer. Appreciate it.

MarkB, Jan 4, 2016
  6. caperjack Win User
    I use a small Acer switch 10, it has a 10.1 inch laptop with touch screen and keyboard ,and it runs win10 home ,I have no issues with it because of it being a touch screen, mine has a removable keyboard and when removed I then switch to tablet mode ,good luck with your purchase and enjoy your new laptop

caperjack, Jan 4, 2016
  7. MarkB Win User
    Many thanks. The laptop will be for my wife. I'm sticking to Win7 on my computer until it crashes and burns.

Interesting to note that Lenovo and one other maker I've looked at still offers Win7 as an option.

MarkB, Jan 7, 2016
  8. caperjack Win User

Not using touch screen

yeah, why not if people still want to buy it ,they listen to the people, I used and loved win7 for a long time ,but I'm one who thinks it depends on what, you., me or the other guy are using our computers for .what programs we use ect ect ,,I'm not a gamer nor do I burn movies or music any more ,so I love running win10 on my 3 devices , 1 touch laptop/tablet combo, and 2 towers ....I also have 2 raspberry Pi's running versions of Linux ,and I would never want to use linux of any version as a main computer ,but I do enjoy tinkering with the Pi's, I use one as a media device ,I ramble on ,ramble on , sorry .. I guess my point is use what ever Os you like the best ,
    ps: I have absolutely no issues worth mentioning with win 10 on my devices ,

caperjack, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Not using touch screen

1. Not using touch screen - Similar Threads - using touch screen

2. Laptop touch screen and touch keyboard use statistics

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop touch screen and touch keyboard use statistics: We would like to collect stats on how often a laptops touch screen is used and when the windows touch keyboard is activated. Is this information logged and how can we retrieve this? or how can we log this information?We hope to use this data to determine if we should continue...
  3. Laptop touch screen and touch keyboard use statistics

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop touch screen and touch keyboard use statistics: We would like to collect stats on how often a laptops touch screen is used and when the windows touch keyboard is activated. Is this information logged and how can we retrieve this? or how can we log this information?We hope to use this data to determine if we should continue...
  4. Using a touch screen laptop as an external touch screen?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Using a touch screen laptop as an external touch screen?: I know that it's possible to use miracast to use a windows machine as an external monitor for another pc. But is it also possible to use a touch screen laptop and work with touch inputs from that laptop on whatever it is displaying? So far, when using miracast, all inputs on...
  5. Duplicating touch screen to another touch screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Duplicating touch screen to another touch screen: I have 2 touch screens one with a pc behind it and another that is just a screen. The touch screen of the one with the pc works like it should. But I can use the touch screen on the second one. I want both of these screen to be running the exact same programs and still work....
  6. can't use touch screen on a laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    can't use touch screen on a laptop: i reset my lenovo yoga 520 laptop and update to 1909 which the touch screen function suddenly not working even after i uninstall the hid touch screen and it still doesn't which it goes the same as disable the hid and trying to update my driver and its the latest driver also...
  7. touch screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    touch screen: calibration does not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-screen/d93859ca-1c65-4ab9-ad50-44ec8cb30094
  8. touch screen

touch screen: Has Microsoft corrected the problems they were having in Windows 10 with the Touch Screen stopped working after 6 months, All in One 23" Screen Thank you, T. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/touch-screen/b1214533-1abe-476c-9ea8-c97c952ccb0a
  9. touch screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    touch screen: Touch screen is not working, how do I re-activate? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/touch-screen/60a4f0a7-015b-4e6e-b419-6995f4141244
  10. pen for use on touch screen

pen for use on touch screen: what kind of pen do I need for a touch screen laptop (not Microsoft Surface). I have tried the non electronic ie just a rubber tip and they don't wot=rk as well as my finger...