Windows 10: Notebook boots in Legacy not UEFI

Discus and support Notebook boots in Legacy not UEFI in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; HI, I have been problem in My Notebook pavilion AB-029TX , So i decided to clean install windows. I downloaded Media Creation and created ISO then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HannanShaikh, Jul 25, 2018.

1. Notebook boots in Legacy not UEFI

HI,

I have been problem in My Notebook pavilion AB-029TX , So i decided to clean install windows. I downloaded Media Creation and created ISO then using rufus I created bootable USB, Here Something happened I inserted USB then in BIOS menu it wasn't showing us so I changed to Legacy and It showed up, again while selecting HDD partition it gave me warning that windows can't be install on this drive as it is GPT drive, I gone through YouTUbe and found soluthion using CMD I cleaned drive first and then using convert GPT command i converted to GPT and I m shocked my all partitions were deleted I installed windows on default partition and you know HP logo at start up gone showing windows and windows booting in Legacy mode.. I am using it for couple of days in Legacy mode so can you please help me to find out where i did mistake or where i was wrong, What will I do if I want to Install on UEFI and boot using UEFI mode.

Thank you.

Specs:

Intel i5 processor

8 gb ddr3 RAM

1 TB HDD

Notebook: PAvilion AB029-TX

:)

HannanShaikh, Jul 25, 2018

2. UEFI vs Legacy boot mode

I recommend you stick with legacy install instead to avoid any compatibility problem hardware or software. Uefi have the speed advantage for boot up but I don't find it to be a good trade-off for the compatibility problems that appeared. Secure boot for uefi is a pain if you decide to install multiple os as the other os is "locked" out. I used uefi for my previous install it is a lengthy install selecting the correct bios setting without borking the install. I'll move to uefi if I don't have a need for multiple os or legacy things. So far I seem to need it.

MIRTAZAPINE, Jul 25, 2018
  3. 72westy Win User
    Legacy to UEFI

I'm debating moving to UEFI form my now legacy BIOS (Award Software Int.) the mother board is a GA-Z68XP-UD3 rev1.0 on the the following link it shows a UEFI BIOS U1J )UEFI BIOS)

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-Z68XP-UD3-rev-10#support-dl-bios

Currently I'm running the legacy F10 BIOS. Does installing the UEFI BIOS automatically take care of everything to get to the UEFI BIOS? Installing the UEFI BIOS following the instructions using the Q-flash method GIGABYTE How to Reflash Motherboard BIOS

What's steps do I take and in what order?

Much appreciated

72westy, Jul 25, 2018
  4. P4-630 Win User

Notebook boots in Legacy not UEFI

UEFI vs Legacy boot mode

I just found out I'm running at "Legacy" boot mode.
    Are there any downsides running my Skylake system in "Legacy" boot mode?

I don't really want to reinstall windows.
    Also I have no problems with my SSD, speeds are as they should be.

Just booting up my system takes some time, maybe it just would be faster booting with UEFI?
    My Asus Gaming laptop is booting up faster.
    If thats the main difference *Oh Well Notebook boots in Legacy not UEFI :eek:hwell:

P4-630, Jul 25, 2018
Thema:

Notebook boots in Legacy not UEFI

1. Notebook boots in Legacy not UEFI - Similar Threads - Notebook boots Legacy

2. Legacy or uefi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Legacy or uefi: Windows 10 installing in legacy mode, or uefi but I don't have uefi option, how to proceed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/legacy-or-uefi/ba2be4e1-69fc-4380-ab55-c56b63533ea8
  3. Legacy or uefi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Legacy or uefi: Windows 10 installing in legacy mode, or uefi but I don't have uefi option, how to proceed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/legacy-or-uefi/ba2be4e1-69fc-4380-ab55-c56b63533ea8
  4. Legacy to UEFI!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Legacy to UEFI!: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,I want to use UEFI mode, currently I am using Legacy mode. When I change to UEFI in Bios it doesn't boot to hard drive, USB and DVD drive. And my hard disk is MBR. Help me!...
  5. Legacy or uefi boot?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Legacy or uefi boot?: I tried reinstalling windows again onto my hdd because i moved my linux distro from that hdd onto my main ssd. the ssd booted originally i belive with legacy mode, but with the hdd bootting with the new installi gets stuck in "getting ready" I believe the bios used to be...
  6. Legacy or uefi boot?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Legacy or uefi boot?: I tried reinstalling windows again onto my hdd because i moved my linux distro from that hdd onto my main ssd. the ssd booted originally i belive with legacy mode, but with the hdd bootting with the new installi gets stuck in "getting ready" I believe the bios used to be...
  7. Error Legacy Boot of UEFI Media

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Error Legacy Boot of UEFI Media: I need to install windows on my laptop and this screen popped up when I tried to boot it from a USB. I looked up how to fix this error but I don’t know how to safely exit this screen and get back to my desktop. Would greatly appreciate any help! [IMG]...
  8. UEFI versus Legacy Boot

UEFI versus Legacy Boot: I just purchased a refurbished PC that I an very happy with but I would like to know how to have this PC use the Legacy Boot rather than the UEFI. Is this a realistic possibility? I would like to multi-boot Windows 10 Pro with Ubuntu 18.04. It looks as if it is a simple...
  9. legacy / UEFI

legacy / UEFI: I have a backup made on the same machine that I am trying to restore from and it will not restore telling me that the system cannot restore a legacy backup on a UEFI machine. Running windows 10 pro. Can this be fixed and why did it happen?...
  10. UEFI or Legacy?

UEFI or Legacy?: So i went for a clean Windows 10 installation on my Aspire E13. To boot from USB i had to switch from UEFI to Legacy, otherwise the USB drive would not be listed. However. After the installation was finished my touchpad was not even recognized, i mean, i was not even...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my laptop only boots up in legacy not uefi