Windows 10: Notebook keyboard, touchpad, and mouse fails to respond

Discus and support Notebook keyboard, touchpad, and mouse fails to respond in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Ever since I have taken this Dell notebook out of the box or not long after that, it has been giving me trouble with the keyboard, touchpad, and mouse.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jesse Williams, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Notebook keyboard, touchpad, and mouse fails to respond

Ever since I have taken this Dell notebook out of the box or not long after that, it has been giving me trouble with the keyboard, touchpad, and mouse. When I go to wake the computer from sleep or even turning it on after a night's rest, the keyboard, mouse, and touchpad do not respond to the computer. The cursor (if I am typing something) and the mouse pointer freezes up and it makes the computer not usable until it responds. The keyboard also has a backlit caps lock key. When this happens, the light on the caps lock key does not light up. I have ran tests on it from Dell and the program (Dell Support Assist) says that everything passed and there is nothing wrong. There is something wrong. A brand new computer from the factory should not be doing this. The notebook is a Dell Inspiron 15-3552. I don't have it listed in my specs yet.

Help is appreciated!

Thanks! *Smile

:)

Jesse Williams, Mar 8, 2017
  2. Stephanie Sal, Mar 8, 2017
  3. given2fli Win User
    Can't install new MS Wireless Mouse 3500 or MSWM 4000

I have two notebooks: an Acer Aspire V5-171-6675 that shipped with Windows 8 x64 (and upgraded to Win 8.1), and a newer Acer Aspire E5-573G that shipped with Windows 10 x64. They were both upgraded to the Win 10 Fall 2015 Upgrade/Threshold
    2, and then all subsequent Microsoft updates. Both notebooks have functioning touchpads, but I have been using older (circa Win 7) Microsoft Wireless Mouse 3500 (Blue Track) with them. These older mice are both wearing out--the side vinyl/rubber grip is unglueing
    on one, and the wheel button is failing on the other-so I purchased two new mice: the Win 10-compatible versions of the Wireless Mouse 3500 and the Wireless Mouse 4000. Both these new mice work perfectly on the Aspire V5 notebook; I just plugged in the new
    USB transceiver and they worked without me having to do anything.

However, neither the new Win 10-compatible Wireless Mouse 3500 nor Wireless Mouse 4000 mouse work on the newer Aspire E5 notebook. Windows apparently detects the new USB transceiver (as "Microsoft Nano Transceiver v1.0" in Device Manager) but fails to install
    the driver:

Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it.

Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Detection Driver (USB)

This operation requires an interactive window station.

I've tried numerous attempts to install a driver manually, but they all fail. I uninstalled all of the Elan touchpad software, installing a generic HID-complaint mouse driver for the touchpad, but still neither new transceiver installs.
    I disabled the touchpad entirely in the BIOS, but still neither new transceiver installs. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center software, but still neither new transceiver installs. I went through the steps to temporarily
    disable driver signature enforcement, but afterward neither new transceiver installs. However, I can still plug either of the old Win 7-ish Microsoft Wireless Mouse 3500 transceivers into this notebook, and it installs & works just like it always has.

Any ideas on what to try next?

given2fli, Mar 8, 2017
  4. Win10Pro Win User

Notebook keyboard, touchpad, and mouse fails to respond

Hi Jesse,

Does your laptop behave the same way in Safe Mode?

Have you tried to uncheck "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" in Device Manager (one by one) for keyboard, mouse and touchpad? The results should be seen only after the reboot.

I know that some people don't like this method but I'd also use DriverPack: DriverPack Solution - software for driver updates | Download drivers for 7, XP, 10, 8 and 8.1

I'm sure you did that but just in case: check the startup apps with Autoruns - maybe one of them causes problem.

You are fortunate to have a brand new Dell computer so in case it's a serious hardware problem you can always make use of their door-to-door service.

Win10Pro, Mar 9, 2017
  5. I am sorry that I am just now seeing this. But yes I will try your suggestions if the problems persist. Dell told me to reset the computer completely and see if it fixes the problem and if it doesn't then they will fix it under warranty. As of now, it is resetting. I will post back if it still happens after the reset.

Jesse Williams, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Notebook keyboard, touchpad, and mouse fails to respond

1. Notebook keyboard, touchpad, and mouse fails to respond - Similar Threads - Notebook keyboard touchpad

2. Pc Freeze & Keyboard/mouse not responding.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc Freeze & Keyboard/mouse not responding.: Hello,My pc Freeze and keyboard turned off but the mouse still on power.So the pc monitor freeze the desktop still working like the GPU fan spinning. Stuck on gaming or browser no blue screen or shut down. The freeze last for few minutes then the desktop just turned...
  3. Mouse and Touchpad intermittently not responding

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse and Touchpad intermittently not responding: Hello,After powering my laptop from sleep mode, and even after a reboot, my mouse and touchpad do not respond to any clicks made. The only way I can control my open Apps in Windows is via the keyboard. Yet, my mouse and touchpad work because I can see the cursor moving around...
  4. TouchPad is not responding

TouchPad is not responding: Hi Microsoft team, I have been using my touchpad every day and now since 1h I cannot use it anymore and not even sure I can find it in the Device Manager. I can use my keyboard but not the touchpad I can use my USB/bluetooth mouse tho. Would you mind to advise me or how...
  5. Keyboard and TouchPad not responding/working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard and TouchPad not responding/working.: Hey. 1For past few days my laptop is acting crazy. In the keyboard if I type any of these keys z c x v m , . Shift enter beside these keys * is typed on its own and is typing continuously until I stop it by typing any another key. 2And also in between working...
  6. keyboard and mouse not responding in window 10

keyboard and mouse not responding in window 10: hi, keyboard and mouse not responding in window 10 on my desktop pc.it was working fine before. plz help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-and-mouse-not-responding-in-window-10/55bbbde0-8100-477b-a8ca-a05e6b8184c2
  7. Notebook turn Keyboard does not respond?

Notebook turn Keyboard does not respond?: Hello, I have the following problem on my Lenovo Ideapad C340: Whenever I connect a monitor via HDMI and fold my notebook upside down, the keyboard comes off and I can only use the on-screen keyboard of the monitor, but actually I want to use the normal keyboard of my...
  8. touchpad not responding

touchpad not responding: Now i have tried restarting my computer, updating and i even reset it but still my touchpad is unresponsive. I followed every youtube video on the subject which was difficult, since the my Hp computers setting seemed to have deleted the touchpad/clickpad from its setting and...
  9. Keyboard and Mouse won't respond

Keyboard and Mouse won't respond: after an update I got a Keyboard error message up on boot up and once it gets to the logon screen neither my keyboard or mouse will work. They are wired. I have tired other keyboard and mice and they do not respond either. I was able to get my computer to boot up into...
  10. no keyboard, Mouse or touchpad

no keyboard, Mouse or touchpad: Restart my computer last night, laptop keyboard would not work, also notice that touchpad had stopped. went to device manager and I had a yellow triangle next to both it told me both drive were the latest. unistalled both restart computer.no keyboard, no mouse(now), no...