Windows 10: Notebook pc acting strange since win 10 icon showed up.

Discus and support Notebook pc acting strange since win 10 icon showed up. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, new member here and am running win 7 home professional and have had the win 10 icon there for a while and a couple days ago i had the prompt saying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by starman, Aug 14, 2015.

1. starman Win User

Notebook pc acting strange since win 10 icon showed up.

Hi, new member here and am running win 7 home professional and have had the win 10 icon there for a while and a couple days ago i had the prompt saying it was ready to install but haven't installed it yet due to all the problems im hearing about as well as not having another hard drive or 108 gb worth of disc's to do a full system image backup.

The problems are sometimes windows explorer crashes and strange network activity as if there is something weird going on and have noticed even typing from the keyboard seems to not register some keys. I've also noticed that the system seems slower to boot and slower all round even though i haven't installed it yet.

Anyone know whats going on or should i just delete the whole windows 10 icon to get it back to how it was before.

Thanks for any help you may give.

I should also point out that my system is an OEM which came pre installed

:)

starman, Aug 14, 2015

2. Login screen not showing up.

My mom's computer has been acting up and this morning she turned it on and her log in won't show up. Just the locks screen image with a small yellowish box where it should be. Not even the power icon or anything is showing up. We did a hard shut down to
    restart it but it still wouldn't show up. She can not get on it and she even tried page lock key to try to unlock it. Her computer has been acting strange and freezing so we did run a full scan a few days ago and it didn't find anything. Please help? Btw Safe
    Mode won't work or show up either. She has an acer notebook with Windows 10 and no disk. It will also not make any sound when we unplug the USB mouse or anything.

Kitt Katt1229, Aug 14, 2015
  3. NotebooK ASUS - WINDOWS 10 - CAMERA applications

In my ASUS notebook I5, model N56VJ, originally with Win 8, since Win 10 migration, the application CAMERA does not work. I mean, when I click over CAMERA icon, nothing happens, not even an error message. The icon shows as pushed down, returns back, and
    nothing.

Could somebody help me.

Thanks a lot

Charly

CharlyCapatto, Aug 14, 2015
  4. Notebook pc acting strange since win 10 icon showed up.

Do you have the installation disc that came with your computer?

It sounds to me that your current OS is getting a bit raggedy round the edges and that might not bode well for your upgrade attempt.

If you really want to get the new version of Windows, your best bet is to back up your personal files and programs, etc (on whatever disc space you can find) and re-install Windows 7... THEN do the upgrade to Windows 10... THEN do a clean install to Windows 10, activating each of the processes along the way... THEN re-installing your favorite programs and personal files!

Yes, it's a pain, but from what you've posted so far, this is what I would do if you brought that computer to me.

teachermark, Aug 14, 2015
  5. starman Win User
    No as it didn't come with a disc but it does have the acer e recovery program installed from the initial startup and have used that to re install drivers and such. I bought the notebook pc brand new and no disc at all with it and is only a few years old now even though the video driver is not supported (mobility radeon hd4250) with win 10

Thanks

starman, Aug 14, 2015
  6. If it was me, I'd back any files I don't want to lose and do the E recovery to restore it to factory condition. Then do the upgrade. Less chance of something going wrong that way. IMHO.

alphanumeric, Aug 14, 2015
  7. ram1220 Win User
    Sounds to me like you have some spyware or a virus on your computer. I would do a scan for both.

ram1220, Aug 14, 2015
  8. starman Win User

Ok thanks i will just leave it for now and try and get some hard drive or something. Cheers

starman, Aug 14, 2015
  9. Well, just because it's not supported that doesn't mean that it won't work.
    If you have the Windows 10 icon in your task bar then you have passed the test!

But that doesn't mean that you can upgrade without a hitch.

Here are your options...

1 - Don't upgrade.

2 - Go through the upgrade process and install Windows 10 on top of your current system.
    (Back up as much as you can, although the installation will/should keep your files and programs.)
    Test out the upgrade for a couple of days to make sure it has installed correctly and everything works.
    If everything works then do a clean install of Windows 10.
    (This means that NOTHING on the hard drive will be saved from your previous version of Windows.)

3 - Make a note of your activation number for your current version of Windows.
    Download a copy of Windows 7 Pro (Not hard to find.)
    Activate it during the installation then follow the steps outlined in my previous post.

10. starman Win User
    No virus that i know and im gonna re check the spy ware but this has only been happening since the pop up notification, every thing was perfect before.

starman, Aug 14, 2015
  11. starman Win User
    Im thinking of just sticking with 7 tbh but thanks for help and will post again when i need to.

Thanks

starman, Aug 14, 2015
  12. starman Win User
    Thanks i will consider this if i decide to go thru with it. I didn't think of that.

starman, Aug 14, 2015
  13. Notebook pc acting strange since win 10 icon showed up.

Well, that's probably a wise choice.
    But as your system is already a bit flaky, you may want to give some thought to eventually finding a way to upgrade.
    Once you do, you'll wish you had done it sooner...
    ...unless something goes badly wrong and then you'll wish Bill Gates was blowing the devil's fiery tackle!

14. starman Win User
    lol, Im gonna wait till i get enough disc's and then do a system image, then gonna do a factory reset and then upgrade. Cheers for help.

starman, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Notebook pc acting strange since win 10 icon showed up. - Similar Threads - Notebook acting strange

2. Device acting up strangely

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device acting up strangely: Screen started up in greyscale, then default, then i fixed it, everything was in recycle bin so i moved it back, my browser got unpinned from the taskbar so i re-pinned it. Fixed my browser settings. Now for some reason apps such as youtube and discord have something wrong...
  3. Device acting up strangely

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Device acting up strangely: Screen started up in greyscale, then default, then i fixed it, everything was in recycle bin so i moved it back, my browser got unpinned from the taskbar so i re-pinned it. Fixed my browser settings. Now for some reason apps such as youtube and discord have something wrong...
  4. My PC has been acting up very strangely

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC has been acting up very strangely: Hi.So, my PC has been acting up very strangely lately, it keeps shutting itself down and then there's a huge sound like BEEP, BEEP, BEEP. I've brought my PC to the computer shop to get it fixed, but still, it keeps shutting down by itself, the screen glitches before shutting...
  5. My PC has been acting up very strangely

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC has been acting up very strangely: Hi.So, my PC has been acting up very strangely lately, it keeps shutting itself down and then there's a huge sound like BEEP, BEEP, BEEP. I've brought my PC to the computer shop to get it fixed, but still, it keeps shutting down by itself, the screen glitches before shutting...
  6. My PC has been acting up very strangely

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. pc acting strange

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    pc acting strange: i downloaded and ran a bunch of files that were false positives, they were from a safe and credible source, but after running alot of them i noticed when trying to save copies of files i get How to Fix Oops! We Couldn’t Save That One though i never didi also got you dont...
  8. Pc acting Strange

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pc acting Strange: (Before you read the rest of this just want to let you know that I dont have a Virus I use Malwarebytes scan and it came back completely clean )So the other day I updated windows to the newest version, since I have done that my pc has been acting so fucking strange, for...
  9. My PC is acting very strange since installing the 2004 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My PC is acting very strange since installing the 2004 update: It's my understanding that there are some issues that need to be resolved with this update. Is there a patch available to correct them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-is-acting-very-strange-since-installing-the/37ef3cec-6813-4fc2-abc4-1e3f401a5671
  10. Bluetooth Acting Strangely on Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bluetooth Acting Strangely on Windows 10 PC: I use a Bluetooth Xbox controller (the Recon Tech special edition) connected to my PC to play games. Today, I loaded up my controller, but it was not connecting to the computer, so I unpaired and repaired but it did not seem to work. The PC was recognizing the controller and...