Windows 10: notebook showing information text on shutown and startup

Discus and support notebook showing information text on shutown and startup in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; why has my notebook suddenly started showing text about what it is doing,when I shutdown or restart non of my other windows 10 devices do this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by terr, Nov 1, 2016.

1. terr Win User

notebook showing information text on shutown and startup

why has my notebook suddenly started showing text about what it is doing,when I shutdown or restart
    non of my other windows 10 devices do this?
    thanks in advance

:)

terr, Nov 1, 2016

2. Cannot shutdown or restart the PC after creator updates

Hello..

I have just updated my Windows 10 with the creator update. After update I have issue in shutting down or restart.

The shutdown message of the screen show and my notebook does not shutdown . Perform all the steps given in this forum, like roll back Intel management interface engine to v9. Turn off "Fast startup" using the powercfg command. My drivers for my Windows
    are all up to date.

What could be the issue? I do not have such shutdown or restart issue before the upgrade? If I perform a roll back of the operating system back to the previous version before update, my shutown and restart will be resume to normal but issue is , the window
    feature update will later be pushed to my notebook again. I was forced to install which create my shutdown issue again.

Will Microsoft be able to help me in this matter?

Chee KengKok, Nov 1, 2016
  3. freeze windows after updated win10 version 1703 kb403467

After update completed i can not use my notebook anymore because all in desktop was freeze and can not open any file or program. I try to Go back to previous version or Startup repair but the system show that i should reset my notebook. So i restore my notebook
    instead but the problem still the same after restart my notebook

How can i fix it or need to clean anything to factory setting?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

BenjawanANN, Nov 1, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, this should point you in the right direction-
    I think you're referring to 'verbose boot' logging

Can be set/cleared in msconfig
    (Windows key + R, type msconfig)

e.g.
    superuser.com/questions/1006850/how-to-boot-in-verbose-boot-for-windows-10

and for interest:
    Enable verbose logon messages in Windows 10

dalchina, Nov 1, 2016
  5. terr Win User
    thanks a lot dalchina for your constructive reply to my question,never heard of this before but will now check it out.
    it was not a problem at all, just wondered about it,thanks again.

terr, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. notebook showing information text on shutown and startup - Similar Threads - notebook showing information

2. HP Notebook system information on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Notebook system information on startup: I have a HP 15 da-xxxxxx with windows 10, my problems are everytime i turn it on the HP system information will show and you have to press esc to continue, another thing is the cursor, have to tap any key first before it will appear and also bunch of keys wont work. I have...
  3. HP Notebook system information on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP Notebook system information on startup: I have a HP 15 da-xxxxxx with windows 10, my problems are everytime i turn it on the HP system information will show and you have to press esc to continue, another thing is the cursor, have to tap any key first before it will appear and also bunch of keys wont work. I have...
  4. HP Notebook system information on startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Shut down a computer remotely with shutown -s

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Shut down a computer remotely with shutown -s: I recently had to a clean reinstall on my Windows 10 computer. I added the "Remote Desktop Users" group to "Force shutdown from a remote system" and "Shut down the system" under local security policy, as I want everybody I enable to remote into the computer to also be able...
  6. Changing the Windows Edition text on System Information

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing the Windows Edition text on System Information: [ATTACH] Hello everyone, Is there any way to change the Windows Edition text on the system properties page? Im trying to make my Win10 to looks like Vista as close as possible Thanks in advance! The System Properties page submitted by /u/KamFretoZ [link]...
  7. notebook 15 won't startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    notebook 15 won't startup: hi, My hp notebook 15 won't boot from USB or DVD, don't do a startup repair, can't factory reset or repair from the laptop, USB, or DVD. It also, reads no bootable device found, after starting up it goes to choose your keyboard layout then goes to choose an option, but...
  8. Software for displaying Information (text, images, clips...)?

Software for displaying Information (text, images, clips...)?: Hello. Is there software that allows me to automatically display various information? For example, for behind a shop window. Or guerrilla projection in public. Currently I try to tinker with image editing (black background, white text), which is awkward. No "good flow". Then...
  9. Weather - shows the previous information

Weather - shows the previous information: When we check the weather using "Weather" (fresh copy in a full-screen view) it has the information from the previous check instead of the current weather. Even stranger, closing it and reopening it gets the current weather (which, of course, would have been the previous...
  10. CES 2018: Samsung shows Notebook 7 Spin, Notebook 9 & Notebook 9 Pen

in Windows 10 News
    CES 2018: Samsung shows Notebook 7 Spin, Notebook 9 & Notebook 9 Pen: Today at CES, Samsung announced the Samsung Notebook 7 Spin (2018) and showed the Notebook 9 and Notebook 9 Pen – new devices powered by Windows 10 that provide you with the tools you need to remain productive in today’s digital world.Let’s take a look: Samsung Notebook 7...