Windows 10: Notepad document

Discus and support Notepad document in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Help Help Help My daughters notepad document has turned into the below. I desperately need to retrieve, any help would be much appreciated!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jodie1972, Jul 25, 2018.

1. Jodie1972 Win User

Notepad document

Help Help Help

My daughters notepad document has turned into the below. I desperately need to retrieve, any help would be much appreciated!

################################################################################### ################################################################################### ################################################################################### ################################################################################### ################################################################################### ################################################################################### ################################################################################### ################################################################################### ################################################################################### ################################################################################### ##########################################################################

Thanks Jodie

:)

Jodie1972, Jul 25, 2018
  2. Romel Ram Win User

how can edit the format of documents in notepad

Hi Ramon,

We understand that you'd like to edit the format of documents using Notepad application.

If you're trying to open an Office document like Word or Excel using Notepad, be informed that since the app only detect pure text, it will lose all the format and objects originally came with the document.

You can follow these steps to open a document in Notepad:

1. Right-click the document file.

2. Select Open With, and select Notepad. If not its not on the list, click
    Choose another app.

3. Select Notepad, and click OK.

Kindly post back if you have further concerns.

Romel Ram, Jul 25, 2018
  3. Bree Win User
    Notepad consuming cpu 40%

Your screenshot of Task Manager and the notepad.exe properties shows the same size and creation date as in @dalchina's earlier screenshot. So it looks like it is the real notepad that's running.

But - it isn't running the way it should. In your Task Manager there should be a > to the left of notepad, and clicking on it should open up a list of the Notepad instances that are running, along with the name of the document that's open (or 'Untitled - Notepad' if none).

Yours doesn't show that (compare it with dalchina's screenshot). Notepad is running - yes, but not the way it's supposed to. It appears to be in the list of background processes, not in the list of Apps where it should be. Could something be trying to run it as a service? Perhaps some malware set this up, but failed to replace the genuine notepad.exe with its counterfeit one?

As a first step I'd look at the Startup tab in Task Manager for clues.

4. john barr Win User

Notepad document

Notepad consuming cpu 40%

i dont know what the problem is , looks like i need to format C

john barr, Jul 25, 2018
Thema:

Notepad document

1. Notepad document - Similar Threads - Notepad document

2. How to use old notepad and restore "New > Text Document" button?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to use old notepad and restore "New > Text Document" button?: Ok, here's the situation. I use Windows 11 and I've been trying to restore the old notepad because I like how it's more simple and opens faster than the new one. Eventually I found out that you can just uninstall Notepad through the start menu and Windows will open .txt files...
  3. How to use old notepad and restore "New > Text Document" button?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use old notepad and restore "New > Text Document" button?: Ok, here's the situation. I use Windows 11 and I've been trying to restore the old notepad because I like how it's more simple and opens faster than the new one. Eventually I found out that you can just uninstall Notepad through the start menu and Windows will open .txt files...
  4. .txt added to Notepad text documents?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .txt added to Notepad text documents?: When I turned my pc on today my notepad text document titles now include .txt in the name. Up until this point they've just been whatever I named them without the .txt in them. I'm not sure how or why this happened....
  5. .txt added to Notepad text documents?

.txt added to Notepad text documents?: When I turned my pc on today my notepad text document titles now include .txt in the name. Up until this point they've just been whatever I named them without the .txt in them. I'm not sure how or why this happened....
  6. my saved notepad documents won't open on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my saved notepad documents won't open on Windows 10: None of my saved notepad or PDF documents will open on Windows 10.I get the feeling it's because I keep declining the Windows 11 upgrade......
  7. my saved notepad documents won't open on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my saved notepad documents won't open on Windows 10: None of my saved notepad or PDF documents will open on Windows 10.I get the feeling it's because I keep declining the Windows 11 upgrade......
  8. my saved notepad documents won't open on Windows 10

9. Why does notepad open my most recent document in addition to the doc I want?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does notepad open my most recent document in addition to the doc I want?: A little while ago I changed one of my notepad docs - which I keep on the desktop - to "always keep on this device" vis a vis one drive. Every since, when I open a notepad document, it also opens my most recently opened document; in other words, it opens 2 docs: the one that...
  10. Why does notepad open my most recent document in addition to the doc I want?

Why does notepad open my most recent document in addition to the doc I want?: A little while ago I changed one of my notepad docs - which I keep on the desktop - to "always keep on this device" vis a vis one drive. Every since, when I open a notepad document, it also opens my most recently opened document; in other words, it opens 2 docs: the one that...