Windows 10: Notepad keeps reopening

Discus and support Notepad keeps reopening in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The notepad on my windows 10 keeps reopening.I browsed through the task manager and on the command line I found this: C:\Windows\system32\NOTEPAD.EXE... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by chrisian, Oct 13, 2017.

1. chrisian Win User

Notepad keeps reopening

The notepad on my windows 10 keeps reopening.I browsed through the task manager and on the command line I found this: C:\Windows\system32\NOTEPAD.EXE C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\hlfkrt.text

Please help me in resolving this

:)

chrisian, Oct 13, 2017
  2. 'Mike P Win User

How do I set up notepad with margins that stay?

Notepad doesn't have margins, other than maybe width of the window size. Drag the edge of the window resize to what fits & normally it reopens the same width/height.

'Mike P, Oct 13, 2017
  3. EckiS Win User
    Notepad in Windows 10 doesn't display Chinese character

I tested this: I pasted some chinese characters from charmap into notepad.

On saving, a message box warned me that I have to change the encoding.

Did you get the message box?

When I use "Save as", and select "unicdode", reopening the file will display chinese characters.

BUT: notepad always uses ANSI as default, so is probably not the best choice if you have to do this more often.

EckiS, Oct 13, 2017
  4. Dare Win User

Notepad keeps reopening

I suggest pressing Win+R, and pasting this
    %programdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
    Check for any desktop.ini files. If there is a desktop.ini file, try deleting it. If that still doesn't work, you should try a scan with your antivirus, along with MalwareBytes.

Thema:

Notepad keeps reopening

1. Notepad keeps reopening - Similar Threads - Notepad keeps reopening

2. Explorer keeps crashing and reopening when on 5G network.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer keeps crashing and reopening when on 5G network.: Explorer kept crashing while i was on 5G network. Why? I need to use my 2G version of my network. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/explorer-keeps-crashing-and-reopening-when-on-5g/a2c46200-1150-4d61-bcf7-af106317c6cd
  3. Explorer keeps crashing and reopening when on 5G network.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer keeps crashing and reopening when on 5G network.: Explorer kept crashing while i was on 5G network. Why? I need to use my 2G version of my network. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/explorer-keeps-crashing-and-reopening-when-on-5g/a2c46200-1150-4d61-bcf7-af106317c6cd
  4. Explorer keeps crashing and reopening when on 5G network.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Notepad window size keeps changing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notepad window size keeps changing: When I open a new page in Notepad, it almost never opens in the same size. One time it might be 5" by 5". The next time, it might be 1" by 1". Is there a way to always have it open at the same size?...
  6. Notepad window size keeps changing

Notepad window size keeps changing: When I open a new page in Notepad, it almost never opens in the same size. One time it might be 5" by 5". The next time, it might be 1" by 1". Is there a way to always have it open at the same size?...
  7. DOWNLOAD FILE KEEPS OPENING IN NOTEPAD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DOWNLOAD FILE KEEPS OPENING IN NOTEPAD: So I'm trying to download the bios update for my asrock motherboard but when I go to open and extract the files they open in notepad, this also happens with any other downloads as well, I've tried many different solutions including saving the file and trying to open it with...
  8. Desktop keeps closing and reopening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop keeps closing and reopening: Yesterday morning when I turned my HP Envy I don't have the model number on it froze up booting up. I turned it off at the surge protector and turned it back on. It booted up a little slower than usual, but brought the sign in screen up. I signed in and the desktop came up....
  9. Notepad/ windows batch keeps crashing

Notepad/ windows batch keeps crashing: I am trying to code with notepad, but it keeps crashing. Here is my code: @echo off echo Made and coded by MXRTIN on youtube. echo Type your name you want for the game set /p name= echo Hello %name%, are you ready to go on an adventure? :menu echo echo 1) Start adventure...
  10. Windows explorer keeps reopening?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows explorer keeps reopening?: After I experienced crash, which was caused I thing due to bad RAM which I replaced then, I couldn't repair windows to the state it was. I have problems with windows explorer, it reopens, almost every time I open WE and then closed it, it reopens again to the same folder....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. notepad keeps loading old file