Windows 10: Notepad needs to be developed.

Discus and support Notepad needs to be developed. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Since windows xp, notepad hasn't really been recieving any type of change in whats in it, all we eve get is new fonts depending on what OS you are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Kesto, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Kesto Win User

Notepad needs to be developed.

Since windows xp, notepad hasn't really been recieving any type of change in whats in it, all we eve get is new fonts depending on what OS you are using, I hope MS at least develop it because its been the most left out app ever.

:)

Kesto, Feb 19, 2015

2. Notepad Email doesnt Work!!

Hi Timothy,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

The issue is a bit confusing. Please elaborate on how you will be needing assistance from Microsoft.

• Who is the App developer for Notepad in iPhone?
    • How are you trying to associate Outlook.com account with the Notepad App?
    • Did you try contacting the Notepad App developer regarding the sync issue?

If not, I suggest you to contact the developer and let us know regarding the results.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 19, 2015
  3. how to run a program in notepad

Sure you can.

Notepad++ is a free source code editor and you can use it to write in some languages.

Notepad++

Notepad++ Home

Notepad++ - Community <-- many here to help

Index | Community

Check with the programming experts at these Microsoft Developer resources.

MSDN - Developers

Learn to Develop with Microsoft Developer Network | MSDN

MSDN - Developers - Community

http://msdn.microsoft.com/developer-communities...

MSDN - Forums

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/cate...

MSDN - Where is the Forum For…?

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/what...

Hope this helps.

SpiritX MS MVP, Feb 19, 2015
  4. Winuser Win User

Have you tried any third party programs? Years ago I use to use Notepad++

Winuser, Feb 19, 2015
  5. ARC1020 Win User
    The reason I use Notepad a lot is exactly because it's so basic, so I guess it depends on what you mean by develop it.

If you mean basic changes to it (for example, it remembering more undo steps) then I'm all for it. But if you mean trying to turn it into a word processor like Wordpad/Word/Writer, then personally I would prefer them to leave it alone and if people want something more advanced, then let them use something more advanced instead. AFAIK Wordpad is still built into Windows 10 anyway?

ARC1020, Feb 19, 2015
  6. davehc Win User
    Agree with ARC. if you want something more sophisticated, use WordPad. Notepad, as a basic means of quickly writing or copying something over, is excellent as it stands.

davehc, Feb 19, 2015
  7. badrobot Win User
    It's meant to be that way.

You should be using MS Office. If you don't have a copy you can download Libre Office for Windows.

Notepad is helpful for coders too.

badrobot, Feb 19, 2015
  8. swarfega Win User

Actually I dont think notepad has changed much since Windows 95. Notepad++ is a good alternative.

swarfega, Feb 19, 2015
  9. BunnyJ New Member
    BunnyJ, Feb 19, 2015
  10. adamf Win User
    After 7-zip, notepad++ is the first program I install. I love it. It is small, quick, you can compare 2 files easily, lets you search in multiple files for a certain string and so on.

Notepad is useless (for me) but then again so is Wordpad. If you want to write a letter use Word, if you want a text editor use notepad++.

adamf, Feb 19, 2015
  11. BunnyJ New Member
    Notepad is good because it's pre-installed and the user doesn't have to learn how to install any other app to have a basic editor.

BunnyJ, Feb 19, 2015
  12. Mystere Win User
    Actually, Notepad hasn't changed much since at least Windows 3.1

Notepad needs to be developed. [​IMG]

Notepad is a simple app that wraps a generic Windows Edit control. It's not intended to provide any real functionality beyond that, and it likely never will. There are plenty of third party notepad replacements, and MS includes Wordpad which is a more feature rich editor.

Mystere, Feb 19, 2015
  13. LMiller7 Win User

Notepad was designed to be a simple text editor with only basic features. It serves that purpose quite well. For anyone needing more features there are plenty of free and commercial text editors available. Of course Microsoft could further develop Notepad but that would compromise the simplicity that is one of the primary reasons for it's existence.

LMiller7, Feb 19, 2015
  14. Kari Win User
    I agree.

Notepad cannot be changed, at least not much. Windows needs a basic text editor and Notepad fills that void very well. How could MS even change it? It must be simple, it must be using simple basic ASCII text and font. It is not supposed to be a word processor.

Please MS, keep Notepad as it is!

15. I do wish Notepad had some of the text manipulation features of Notepad++. None of the program language specific stuff, but to would help a LOT if it was easier to use tabs and other whitespace in search and replace queries.

FuturDreamz, Feb 20, 2015
Thema:

1. Notepad needs to be developed. - Similar Threads - Notepad needs developed

2. I need help with Notepad documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help with Notepad documents: I moved my notepad documents to a new computer. When opened I get the error= The cloud file provider is not running" Please help, Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-with-notepad-documents/0f611967-3bb3-4b4a-b463-a016bdc83abe
  3. I need help with Notepad documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help with Notepad documents: I moved my notepad documents to a new computer. When opened I get the error= The cloud file provider is not running" Please help, Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-with-notepad-documents/0f611967-3bb3-4b4a-b463-a016bdc83abe
  4. Need to Know About Dot Net Development

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to Know About Dot Net Development: DOT NET is a software development framework for building applications. Dot NET Core is a cross-platform open-source framework for building applications. It is a new interpretation of the .NET Framework that can be launched across different operating systems and enables the...
  5. Need to Know About Dot Net Development

Need to Know About Dot Net Development: DOT NET is a software development framework for building applications. Dot NET Core is a cross-platform open-source framework for building applications. It is a new interpretation of the .NET Framework that can be launched across different operating systems and enables the...
  6. Developer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Developer: I want to turn on the developer mode on my pc but it tells me *Some settings are managed by your organization and I cant turn it on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/developer/66a77a97-d675-4a2d-b59a-73f2cb78fb54
  7. I need help to find the lost notepad

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need help to find the lost notepad: I have the notepad folder in my desktop with all my passwords and everything that I need daily but today I don't know it just got deleted or lost cuz I couldn't find it in the recycle bin and it's just not there. Please help me. submitted by /u/mol7ekma [link] [comments]...
  8. Need help with notepad program (.bat)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help with notepad program (.bat): Ok, so I have a notepad program working and all using the .bat file extension on MY computer, but I want it to work on anybody’s. Here’s the code: @echo off set number=0 :benchmark start C:\Users\myname\Documents\benchmark.txt set /a number=%number%+1 echo Tabs:...
  9. For developers: Use developer features

in Windows 10 Customization
    For developers: Use developer features: I am trying to edit the use developer features section in the settings and I am trying to change them to sideload apps but I am unable to edit them and it says: *Some settings are hidden or managed by your organization. at the top and I don't know if that has anything to do...
  10. Need A Little Notepad++ Help

Need A Little Notepad++ Help: Can someone tell me how to clear the memory/cache of the "Find" and "Find & Replace" functions in Notepad++? I'm getting quite a long list there. No, it's not the end of the world, but it is bugging me. Appreciate your help. 111889