Windows 10: Notepad/Rich Text Document Stops When Printing

Discus and support Notepad/Rich Text Document Stops When Printing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a friend that has this problem,When he tries to print from either notepad or rich text document it says that it stops working,With no error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AMOCO, Jan 18, 2016.

1. AMOCO Win User

Notepad/Rich Text Document Stops When Printing

I have a friend that has this problem,When he tries to print from either notepad or rich text document it says that it stops working,With no error code.
    Printing from Chrome browser and Thunderbird email client work just fine.And his other computer prints just fine from notepad and rich text document.

:)

AMOCO, Jan 18, 2016
  2. CarolLJ Win User

Notepad question

You can't. Notepad is just a text editor. You'd need to use Wordpad which supports rich text documents.

CarolLJ, Jan 18, 2016
  3. when i print notepad page it comes up scrambled on paper .how can i fix this?

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you for the issue.

What is the extension of the file that you are trying to print from Notepad? Is it .txt?

Sometimes, when you open a Word document or any other not text documents on Notepad, the print output appears jumbled. If the document that you are trying to print is a non-text file, then convert it to text document and check
    the results.

Also, let us know what happens when you open a Notepad, type some data and try to print.

Let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jan 18, 2016
  4. Notepad/Rich Text Document Stops When Printing

Hi has he or you tried more action where the 3 dots are
    Scroll down to Print and see if it works that way
    It does for me

hTconeM9user, Jan 20, 2016
Thema:

Notepad/Rich Text Document Stops When Printing

1. Notepad/Rich Text Document Stops When Printing - Similar Threads - Notepad Rich Text

2. .txt added to Notepad text documents?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .txt added to Notepad text documents?: When I turned my pc on today my notepad text document titles now include .txt in the name. Up until this point they've just been whatever I named them without the .txt in them. I'm not sure how or why this happened....
  3. .txt added to Notepad text documents?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .txt added to Notepad text documents?: When I turned my pc on today my notepad text document titles now include .txt in the name. Up until this point they've just been whatever I named them without the .txt in them. I'm not sure how or why this happened....
  4. Notepad doesnt have any text in documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notepad doesnt have any text in documents: hi, my notepad app isnt working, i have reinstalled it twice, updated to windows 11, also ran malware etc and pc is fine, the pages are not opening and are showing as blank when i run my mouse over the notepad icon at the bottom of the screen, but they wont open up with the...
  5. Notepad doesnt have any text in documents

Notepad doesnt have any text in documents: hi, my notepad app isnt working, i have reinstalled it twice, updated to windows 11, also ran malware etc and pc is fine, the pages are not opening and are showing as blank when i run my mouse over the notepad icon at the bottom of the screen, but they wont open up with the...
  6. New Rich Text Document.rtf

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New Rich Text Document.rtf: I have noticed that a file had appeared on my desktop that says New Rich Text Document.rtf but whenever I try to delete it says the file is not found and is no longer in the directory, how do I get rid of this? I tried removing it using cmd but it wasn't showing up in the...
  7. Text Documents and Notepads Won't Open?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Text Documents and Notepads Won't Open?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/chqnging [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jub4yq/text_documents_and_notepads_wont_open/
  8. Text Document or Notepad - Right click on desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Text Document or Notepad - Right click on desktop: Hello Earlier I was able to get a Text Document on my desktop but now I cannot So earlier I used to follow these steps to get Text Document on my desktop Step 1 : Right click on desktop Step 2 : Cursor or mouse on New which has a arrow and then a menu pops out which...
  9. rich text document

rich text document: i was typing a letter using notepad. no spell check :( opened up a rtd and my keyboard wont type. keyboard works fine on notepad. websites, search bar etc. it only wont type on a rich text document. any ideas how to fix this?...
  10. rich text document

rich text document: i was typing a letter using notepad. no spell check :( opened up a rtd and my keyboard wont type. keyboard works fine on notepad. websites, search bar etc. it only wont type on a rich text document. any ideas how to fix this?...