Windows 10: Notepad to Word

Discus and support Notepad to Word in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I chose to open a document in Notepad but I would like to change that same document over to Word. How do I do that?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Wideman, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Wideman Win User

Notepad to Word

I chose to open a document in Notepad but I would like to change that same document over to Word. How do I do that?

:)

Wideman, Aug 7, 2018

2. Notepad & wordpad in Win 10?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you would like to create shortcut for Word and notepad. We will help you to resolve the issue.

Please follow the steps provided below.

• Type notepad in the search bar.
    • Right Click on note pad and click Pin to Start.
    • Apply the same steps for Word Pad too.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Aug 7, 2018
  3. John Vil Win User
    Wordpad to Word

We appreciate your response. For troubleshooting purposes, we suggest that you open these documents using
    notepad. This will help us determine which program is causing this issue. Here are the steps:

• Right click on the document.
    • Select open with.
    • Choose notepad.

Let us know how it goes.

John Vil, Aug 7, 2018
  4. Paola Gar Win User

Notepad to Word

Notepad in Windows 10

Hi Stephanie,

Status Bar on Notepad may be disabled or grayed out because the Word Wrap options under Format is turned on. To enable Status Bar, you need to uncheck the Word Wrap option first. That is how the Notepad has been programmed. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Click Format.
    • Uncheck Word Wrap option.
    • Click View again and you'll see that it is already enabled.

If you wish the Status Bar to be always enabled, you may do it by editing your device registry settings. However,
    before editing the registry, we suggest backing up the default settings first to make sure that if any issue arises, you can simply go back to your previous settings. To set up a backup, please click

here
    . Follow the steps below to enable Status Bar:

• Press Windows + R.
    • Type Regedit and press Enter.
    • Navigate to the following key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Notepad.
    • Change the StatusBar DWORD value from 0 to 1.

Notepad to Word status-bar-registry.jpg

• Press F5 to refresh the Registry.
    • You can now open Notepad and you'll see that Status Bar is enabled.

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, Aug 7, 2018
Thema:

Notepad to Word

1. Notepad to Word - Similar Threads - Notepad Word

2. Handwriting panel words won't display/ transfer to word or notepad.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Handwriting panel words won't display/ transfer to word or notepad.: Hi all,I used to use hand writing to input Asian and English in MS word or notepad, but in recent month, both of my surface pro 9 and Samsung Galaxy book 4 360 can hardly use the hand writing pad on the display. Firmware, drivers and windows update are all latestIn MS word...
  3. Handwriting panel words won't display/ transfer to word or notepad.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Handwriting panel words won't display/ transfer to word or notepad.: Hi all,I used to use hand writing to input Asian and English in MS word or notepad, but in recent month, both of my surface pro 9 and Samsung Galaxy book 4 360 can hardly use the hand writing pad on the display. Firmware, drivers and windows update are all latestIn MS word...
  4. How to disable Word Wrap for all files in Notepad Windows 11 ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable Word Wrap for all files in Notepad Windows 11 ?: Hello everyone !It seems that there was a recent update on the Windows Notepad at least it changed recently for me, with tabs and stuff.Though this is generally good, i have a problem with word wrapping : i need most of my texte files NOT to wrap, because it is much easier to...
  5. How to disable Word Wrap for all files in Notepad Windows 11 ?

How to disable Word Wrap for all files in Notepad Windows 11 ?: Hello everyone !It seems that there was a recent update on the Windows Notepad at least it changed recently for me, with tabs and stuff.Though this is generally good, i have a problem with word wrapping : i need most of my texte files NOT to wrap, because it is much easier to...
  6. Turn 'Word Wrap' off default in Notepad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn 'Word Wrap' off default in Notepad: My PC has recently updated, and with it a new version of Notepad has shown up this is the first time I've seen tabs in a notepad.Frustratingly, Word Wrap is now ticked on by default whenever a notepad is opened. I don't want it on, ever. I have no idea how to set it so that...
  7. Turn 'Word Wrap' off default in Notepad

Turn 'Word Wrap' off default in Notepad: My PC has recently updated, and with it a new version of Notepad has shown up this is the first time I've seen tabs in a notepad.Frustratingly, Word Wrap is now ticked on by default whenever a notepad is opened. I don't want it on, ever. I have no idea how to set it so that...
  8. CTRL+F not detecting a word in Notepad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CTRL+F not detecting a word in Notepad: I was trying to use CTRL+F to find a few words in a text file on Notepad, but even though I had clearly typed a word, Notepad for some reason would not detect it. I am also on Windows 11.System Information:Edition Windows 11 Home Single Language Version 21H2 Installed on...
  9. CTRL+F not detecting a word in Notepad

CTRL+F not detecting a word in Notepad: I was trying to use CTRL+F to find a few words in a text file on Notepad, but even though I had clearly typed a word, Notepad for some reason would not detect it. I am also on Windows 11.System Information:Edition Windows 11 Home Single Language Version 21H2 Installed on...
  10. IS THERE ANY WAY TO OPEN A WORD PAD FILE IN NOTEPAD? any other suggestions for my life...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IS THERE ANY WAY TO OPEN A WORD PAD FILE IN NOTEPAD? any other suggestions for my life...: Hello, I don't know where to begin. Life threw me a curve ball. I do not know if anyone will understand. I have been using a Dell Inspiron 620 with Windows 7 home premium since 2012. I notice some trouble recently coming out of sleep mode, so I just turned sleep mode off....