Windows 10: Nothing in Event Viewer

Discus and support Nothing in Event Viewer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, My computer crashes at random times (e.g., while watching Netflix, etc.) at infrequent intervals. However, I am able to get my computer to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by austinylee, Mar 1, 2016.

1. Nothing in Event Viewer

Hello,

My computer crashes at random times (e.g., while watching Netflix, etc.) at infrequent intervals. However, I am able to get my computer to consistently crash while playing Max Payne 3 every few minutes. The non-Max Payne 3 crashes happen infrequently at random intervals of time. When the crash occurs, approximately 98% of the time the screen freezes and after 5 seconds or so the audio stops, then my monitor goes black and says “No Signal Received”. The computer isn’t 100% dead when it crashes; the case fans still run and I can still open the BluRay drive. I must manually reset my computer (turning off the power) to reset my computer. On rare occasion, when something crashes, a notification pops up and says the AMD driver stopped working but successfully recovered.

What is consistent is that there is never an error for the crash in Event Viewer when the notification does not pop-up. Also, every so often, horizontal static will shoot across my screen. This only lasts for under a second though. Whether or not this is related to the crashing I’m unsure.

I've tried a variety of things, RMA'ing my GPU, Prime95, MemTest86, etc. but to no avail. I've just got it back from Microcenter, but apparently their diagnosing programs couldn't find anything wrong.

Please help... going crazy over here.

:)

austinylee, Mar 1, 2016

2. Thinkpad R500 card reader will not work

Unfortunately there is nothing in event viewer relating to this problem. There are several other problems.

I suspect since SFC came back clean and there is nothing in event viewer it may be hardware related and Lenovo is the best source to ask

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Mar 1, 2016
  3. BobMunoz Win User
    "External Drive not used for a long time"

There are (were) a few error messages in the event viewer but not when I go to Win7BU, there is nothing on the screen except a "backup and restore your files" statement and nothing else. It is not a link to anything.

BobMunoz, Mar 1, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Nothing in Event Viewer

What crash are you talking about?
    • Freeze crash
    • Shutdown/restart crash
    • Bluescreen crash

axe0, Mar 3, 2016
  5. Oh sorry, freeze crash.

austinylee, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Nothing in Event Viewer

1. Nothing in Event Viewer - Similar Threads - Nothing Event Viewer

2. BSOD "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED" but nothing shows up on Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED" but nothing shows up on Event Viewer: Hi everybody. For the past couple of months I've been struggling with this issue I'm about to tell you.Basically, I get a BSOD "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED", randomly, like once a week. It once happened when I was doing a full virus analysis with Windows Defender, once when I was...
  3. BSOD "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED" but nothing shows up on Event Viewer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED" but nothing shows up on Event Viewer: Hi everybody. For the past couple of months I've been struggling with this issue I'm about to tell you.Basically, I get a BSOD "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED", randomly, like once a week. It once happened when I was doing a full virus analysis with Windows Defender, once when I was...
  4. BSOD "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED" but nothing shows up on Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. event viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    event viewer: **************THE HELL DOES THIS MEAN? THXLog Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Date: 11/26/2021 11:22:13 PM Event ID: 400 Task Category: None Level: Information Keywords: User: SYSTEM Computer: Ashhhhh Description: Device...
  6. event viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    event viewer: **************THE HELL DOES THIS MEAN? THXLog Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Date: 11/26/2021 11:22:13 PM Event ID: 400 Task Category: None Level: Information Keywords: User: SYSTEM Computer: Ashhhhh Description: Device...
  7. event viewer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    event viewer: code defenitions https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/event-viewer/32a8bf89-f0e7-42b2-91f6-a2a60da0a8e1
  8. event viewer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    event viewer: I see many errors in event viewer but do not know what they mean. I was going to show one but thought it may compromise my security. Sorry about the post lacking information; are these errors dangerous for the most part or are they harmless. I am not going to poke around here...
  9. Graphics card crashing, nothing in Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Graphics card crashing, nothing in Event Viewer: Since 3 days ago I have been experiencing intermittent video card crashes/oddities. Sometimes the display goes black, sometimes it displays a weird pattern. The audio also stutters rapidly, like what happens with a BSOD, but then goes silent after about 4 or 5 seconds. At...
  10. Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event Viewer: Is there any way to clear the items listed in 'administrative events' in event viewer? TIA, Richard 98433