Windows 10: Nothing in Metro UI Works

Discus and support Nothing in Metro UI Works in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all Recently I started having a problem where after my computer is on for awhile, nothing that operates in the Metro UI will open or function at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CPUGeek, Jan 22, 2016.

1. CPUGeek Win User

Nothing in Metro UI Works

Hi all

Recently I started having a problem where after my computer is on for awhile, nothing that operates in the Metro UI will open or function at all. This includes the Start menu, any Windows 10 apps including Settings, Task View, the alt-tab interface, etc. I also cannot log out or restart or shut down, I can get to the options from Ctrl+Alt+Del but it just gets stuck on logging out and I have to do a hard reset. If fixing this without doing a system refresh is possible that would be great, but if not I can swing it.

Thanks in advance!

:)

CPUGeek, Jan 22, 2016

2. Windows10 reserve-upgrade notification not received!

yah! My bad!

but that's not helping! I can't to setting's either and here's screenshot of my c: drive!

Nothing in Metro UI Works [​IMG]

no folder named Windows-Win81.ol1.

and nothing of Windows metro UI is working on my PC, only desktop UI part is working!

am I doomed?

NeloyDutta, Jan 22, 2016
  3. 稚空 Win User
    Scrolling in App or Start Menu is slow and lagging

This doesn't work. It has nothing to do with the speed of the cursor. It is about scrolling. And, Yes, there is definitely a difference between the scrolling in Metro UI and traditional app.

This effect might be called as smooth scrolling. I just want to turn off this effect and make the response of scrolling in metro apps as fast as the traditional applications.

Is there any setting in registry that I can change?

Thanks,

Louis

稚空, Jan 22, 2016
  4. JohnC Win User

JohnC, Jan 22, 2016
  5. CPUGeek Win User
    Did that, no errors found.

CPUGeek, Jan 23, 2016
  6. JohnC Win User
    The next step is generally to run the DISM command to attempt to repair the component store and once that is successfully completed to run the SFC command again. This is from the tutorial forum. DISM - Repair Windows 10 Image - Windows 10 Forums .

JohnC, Jan 23, 2016
  7. CPUGeek Win User
    DISM reported no corruption, SFC still reports no corruption.

CPUGeek, Jan 30, 2016
  8. davidhk Win User

A week ago when you posted the question, you said "recently......"
    If that "recently" is not too long ago, try do a system restore. Pick a date when you did Not have this problem as your restore point.
    System Restore Windows 10

If system restore cannot fix the problem, my suggestion is to do a Repair Install.
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

davidhk, Jan 30, 2016
  9. bro67 Win User
    CPUGeek there is no more Metro mode with 10. You have the Desktop which is the standard. If you have a tablet, you can choose Tablet mode.

bro67, Jan 31, 2016
  10. davidhk Win User
    Since no further response from the OP, perhaps the problem is resolved.

davidhk, Jan 31, 2016
  11. CPUGeek Win User
    No hello sorry, I've been really busy with school and haven't had a chance to post. To be completely honest I don't remember when this started, but the problem is strange because if I restart it goes away completely, and I believe it has to do with some program removing associations for Metro applications, causing Windows to not know how to open them. In response to you saying there's no more Metro mode, I know, I'm saying anything that uses the Metro UI (windows store apps, start menu, task view, all of these use the "modern UI" instead of just the typical desktop program UI) does not function at all.

I'll try doing the repair and see if that fixes anything.

CPUGeek, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Nothing in Metro UI Works - Similar Threads - Nothing Metro Works

2. Metro UI font is garbled or corrupted or glitchy in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Metro UI font is garbled or corrupted or glitchy in Windows 10: Hi forum. I have a laptop where the text on the Windows 10 Metro UI elements Start menu, Windows Settings, Notifications, Lock screen, etc is unreadable. It was working fine for 1-1.5 years, then started to get a bit glitchy. Now it is very glitchy. I spent a few hours...
  3. Windows 10 Metro UI shows blank squares instead of text

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Metro UI shows blank squares instead of text: Hi guys Had this problem for a while now. Basically in any Metro app or the UI that uses Metro (for example printing from Edge) all i can see is white rectangles where the text should be, as below: This only affects Metro based dialogue boxes or apps. The rest of Windows...
  4. UI not working properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    UI not working properly: Hi, I have a problem with the UI in Windows 10. Randomly (I can't notice any trigger in particular) mouse hover doesn't work and if I would click on any element that's on the screen nothing would happen, or not the wanted action anyway. To solve this problem I have to get...
  5. Metro style UI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Metro style UI: New metro style UI is a big mistake and true piece of sh**t. Please kill it with fire. Pls send this message to Satya Nadella and Bill Gates https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/metro-style-ui/323057de-38a5-487a-8ec6-d9435696b1ff
  6. Start and Metro Apps are not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start and Metro Apps are not working: Hello.. I recently installed Windows 10 Home using the iso. It was fine but after sometime, the start and metro apps had stopped working. I thought that re-install would do the trick. So I reformatted C: and installed Windows 10 again hoping it wouldn't come again. But now...
  7. Start Menu, Cortana and most Metro Apps/UI features fail to load

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu, Cortana and most Metro Apps/UI features fail to load: Hi, I've become a victim of the "Critical Error - Your Start menu isn't working. We'll try to fix it the next time you sign in" error. The Start menu prompts this error to appear, while Cortana, Battery, Wireless, Sound, Notifications and Clock also do not respond to clicks;...
  8. Windows 10 Metro UI closes after opening any app.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Metro UI closes after opening any app.: Windows 10 Metro UI closes after opening any app. Start menu properties tab missing from taskbar properties window. Some say it has been removed... some show its usage in configuring Startup? Thank you 20131
  9. Metro bootloader not working.

in Windows 10 Support
    Metro bootloader not working.: I have a dual boot system, 7x64 pro and 10x64 pro. Everything works fine if I use the Legacy bootloader. If I switch it to the metro bootloader, using EasyBCD, the system boots directly into W10 without ever showing a bootloader screen. [img] Anyone have a clue how to...
  10. Modern Design and Evolution: Windows 9 Concept Mixes the Desktop and the Metro UI

in Windows 10 News
    Modern Design and Evolution: Windows 9 Concept Mixes the Desktop and the Metro UI: Windows 8 was pretty much a flop, Windows 8.1 fixed a few issues but still fails to impress, so it’s no surprise that all eyes are on the upcoming Windows 9 that’s supposed to debut sometime in 2015. According to the limited information we have at this point, Windows 9 is...