Windows 10: Nothing seems to be happening after inserting new Dragon 13 CD ?

Discus and support Nothing seems to be happening after inserting new Dragon 13 CD ? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Still very new to Win 10 so after inserting new Dragon Speech v13 CD can't find it in the files anywhere as was the case with Win 7 ? And what to do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Arcadian, May 3, 2016.

1. Arcadian Win User

Nothing seems to be happening after inserting new Dragon 13 CD ?

Still very new to Win 10 so after inserting new Dragon Speech v13 CD can't find it in the files anywhere as was the case with Win 7 ? And what to do next as there's no prompts....

Appreciate any help thanks.

:)

Arcadian, May 3, 2016
  2. LeoJudge Win User

Now what I try to start up Dragon premium 13, I get a message that says "Please wait while Windows configures Dragon naturally speaking". This message never goes away and the software never loads.

<Original title: Nuance – Dragon premium 13>

I have been using the subject software without a problem until I received a Windows 10 security update and an office 2010 update. Now what I try to start up Dragon premium 13, I get a message that says "Please wait while Windows configures Dragon naturally
    speaking". This message never goes away and the software never loads.

I can start the Dragon software if I run it in a compatibility mode (for Windows 8). The troubleshooting diagnostics from Dragon indicates an incompatible program but nothing else in the way of information.

Each day I have to start up Dragon and the compatibility mode. It apparently works fine in this mode, but something weird happened and I like to resolve it is possible.

PS. All software on my machine is properly licensed.

LeoJudge, May 3, 2016
  3. Dragon Naturally Speaking Home 13 - DVD will not load!

Hi,

I've just bought Dragon Naturally Speaking Home 13 and have tried to install but with no success.

I've put the DVD into the DVD drive, as per instructions, but the DVD will not load. The drive briefly makes a few chattering noises but then does nothing, and stops making noise.

I am running Windows 10 on my machine, but I don't think this is the problem - Dragon is supported by Window 10.

I've tried the drive with a Music CD - all working fine -can anyone help at all?

Thanks

D

DomMM_2016, May 3, 2016
  4. RWOne Win User

Insert a different data CD, is it seen on the system?

You state as was with 7, were any data CD's working in 7?

Bad CD or you have a HW issue with your CD/DVD device with information presented.

RWOne, May 3, 2016
  5. Arcadian Win User
    Yes another CD worked fine just now on Win 10 thanks. It's a mystery as there's usually always a prompt screen as happened on my old 7 with Dragon. You might be right about a bad or poor new CD though as there's a small revolving silver circle that sometimes appears and disappears next to the cursor but nothing more....

Will keep trying *Smile

Arcadian, May 3, 2016
  6. RWOne Win User
    Yes, if another CD works, then it's more likely a problem with that disc.

That said, though, I have to ask - its not that you are trying a DVD program disc in a CD=ROM (No DVD) capabilities, right?
    (You can check on the front tray (depending) if it has DVD on it, or how windows labels the drive when a good disc is inserted ...)

RWOne, May 3, 2016
  7. Arcadian Win User
    No it's the official disc to install Dragon, but all ok now for some reason as the correct prompt screen suddenly appeared after about an hour of trying so V 13 now downloaded correctly. Teething troubles I guess as with any new computer mine being a Lenovo G50 laptop.

Thanks for your help though - definitely one more oddball for the record book....*Smile

Arcadian, May 3, 2016
  8. RWOne Win User

You're welcome, please mark as solved for the gang though ... *Smile

RWOne, May 3, 2016
  9. Arcadian Win User
    One final thing, I need to burn a spare Dragon disk just in case but can't find where to do it though I have seen a right click marked burn somewhere...

Arcadian, May 3, 2016
  10. RWOne Win User
    Well ...

You have to have a burning program for that, as to whether or not you may have a right click menu option depends on what you have installed on your system.

You might try right clicking on a file, or the CD drive, however I'd just recommend using a program to copy it, hopefully it doesn't have anti copying properties to it.

RWOne, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Nothing seems to be happening after inserting new Dragon 13 CD ? - Similar Threads - Nothing seems happening

2. Have a CD-DVD on this PC that when inserted, blinks and nothing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Have a CD-DVD on this PC that when inserted, blinks and nothing: I have a Windows 10 PCHP Compaq Desktop newly refurbished from AmazonAll updates presentI've never used the CD Rom drive. I put in a program CD and the green light blinks. It never goes beyond that. I never get a pop up for what to do with the CD.I have tired numerous...
  3. when i insert a cd into my laptop nothing happens. what do i need to do to view it?

when i insert a cd into my laptop nothing happens. what do i need to do to view it?: when I insert a cd to my laptop nothing happens. am I supposed to be doing something to make it visible ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-insert-a-cd-into-my-laptop-nothing-happens/e5d71712-e8a0-47c9-8808-2645e8ac940e
  4. Insert CD

Insert CD: I am not able to find where to insert a cd. Can you help. I tried the instructions given, but am getting nowhere. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/insert-cd/ebd14aa5-fb86-4155-bc71-7200292f9bd9
  5. Dragon Naturally Speaking 13

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dragon Naturally Speaking 13: This program will not load from disk.Program does not recognize it and disk drive load will not function??I remember I had this problem before.It had to be loaded from a down load....
  6. Dragon NaturallySpeaking 13 on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dragon NaturallySpeaking 13 on Windows 10: Hello, on my old version of Dragon I could set it so that if it ever close it would automatically reopen. I can't find how to do that on the new version 13 oh Dragon NaturallySpeaking home edition. Sometimes my Dragon will close for no reason or something that I unexpectedly...
  7. CD/DVD IN MY LENOVO NOT WORKING OPEN THE DOOR INPUT A CD AND NOTHING HAPPENED THE CD/DVD...

CD/DVD IN MY LENOVO NOT WORKING OPEN THE DOOR INPUT A CD AND NOTHING HAPPENED THE CD/DVD...: THE CD/DVD IN MY LENOVO DOES NOTHING WHEN I PUT A CDC/DVD IN CONTROL PANEL CAN'T FIND THE CD/DVD ICON THE DRIVER IS UP TO DATE. TROUBLESHOOTING RESULTS OK this started when I downloaded Window 10. I test the drive and it showed that it is functional in device manager they are...
  8. Dragon NaturallySpeaking 13?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dragon NaturallySpeaking 13?: I tried Windows 10 a few months ago and loved it, but I had to revert back to 8.1 due to problems getting Dragon NaturallySpeaking 13 to work. It just plain wouldn't load up in Windows 10. That, however, was months ago. Has anybody got it working in current preview builds?...
  9. Options displayed after inserting audio CD

in Windows 10 Support
    Options displayed after inserting audio CD: After inserting audio CD there is a small popup briefly displayed at bottom right. " Tap to choose what happens with audio CDs" If I tap, it then displays a popup at top right which says Choose what to do with Audio CDs It then lists 4 options: VLC, Windows Media...
  10. Left "Download now upgrade later" for 13 hours, nothing happens ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Left "Download now upgrade later" for 13 hours, nothing happens ?: Hi, I'm trying to upgrade from Windows 7, Ive gotten the prompt before and selected "Download now upgrade later". It worked last time and even showed me a progress bar, but when it was finished and I was asked to select the day I wanted to do the update, I changed my mind...