Windows 10: Nothing works at all

Discus and support Nothing works at all in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I just updated to win10 from win7 and it has given me nothing but problems. Here is a list of features unavailable (when I click them the explorer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Killmeplease, Jun 24, 2016.

1. Nothing works at all

So I just updated to win10 from win7 and it has given me nothing but problems. Here is a list of features unavailable (when I click them the explorer either crashes, doesn't respond at all, or gives a blank screen):
    *I cannot connect to the internet.
    *I cannot open network settings.
    *I cannot open steam.
    * I cannot open wifi settings.
    *I cannot open the Change adapter settings tab under Network and sharing center.
    *Finally I cannot even revert to Windows 7. The explorer freezes when I click this option.

Admittedly I am terrible with computers and I have no idea what could be causing these issues.

PC specifications:
    Desktop
    Ram: 8gbs
    Graphics: Reason HD 7850 2 gbs
    Cpu: Intel core i5 3450
    HDD: 2 TBs Seagate Barracuda
    SSD: 120 GBs Crucial

Any help is truly appreciated.

:)

Killmeplease, Jun 24, 2016

2. Nothing works. At all. Even chatting with microsoft help, nothing shows up.

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when things don't work the way it should.

I suggest you to create a Windows 10 installation Disc and perform a repair on the computer. To create a please find the below link:

Download Windows 10

To know how to create a disc, please follow the below link:

Windows 10 Manual Upgrade & Installation

Method 1:

To perform a Repair on the computer, Please follow the below steps:

a. Insert the installation DVD or USB and boot Windows 10 from it.

b. In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the
    ‘language to install’,‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on
    ‘next’.

c. Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select
    ‘Troubleshoot’.

d. Click on ‘Advanced options’
    and select‘Automatic Repair’ and select the operating system.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, you may perform a check disk and check if that helps.

a. Insert the installation DVD or USB and boot Windows 8 from it.

b. In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the
    ‘language to install’,‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on
    ‘next’.

c. Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select
    ‘Troubleshoot’.

d. Click on ‘Advanced options’
    and click on command prompt.

e. Run the following command from the command prompt and press enter.

chkdsk /f /r XNothing works at all :( drive letter)

e. Press Y when you are prompted to check the disk the next time that the system restarts.

f. Restart the computer.

Important: When you run the check disk, there are chances of losing data so you can take a backup before running check disk.

Hope this information is helpful. Please post in case you have any further issues, I will be glad to help you further.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Jun 24, 2016
  3. Nothing works. At all. Even chatting with microsoft help, nothing shows up.

How horrible. for ONE day this worked great. Then Start menu, Cortana, Notifications, Volume control, Edge and apps and app store vanish. I can right click on start and volume but that is NOT the point.

So I try the sfc /scannow fix. NO problems. I try the powershell and am told there are errors that can't be downloaded and there is either issues with the apps not existing at all or not enough memory (I have a 4gb ram, 2.13 ghz dual core, 350gb hdd, there
    is room , trust me). I try another fix to run the app troubleshooter and it says it cant run on this version of windows............. I tried a batch file to start windows 10 start, didn't work.

My last straw was going here to microsoft live help - and everything I type is visible til I send it, then I can't see a thing, and I couldn't see the microsoft helpers replies. This is garbage. Why let a pre pre pre alpha OS out to people when it does not
    work? And there are no fixes.? I put the latest update to fix the start button - does not work. Did nothing. I'm so enraged. I can't go back to 7 because it will delete all my files. That 's how they get you. "Keep your files and it's free to come to 10" then
    you do and you get a sub par OS where not a thing works. I bet they come out with a fix for everything and it will be 199 dollars. That's how they get you. I'm so angry.

chromashadows, Jun 24, 2016
  4. Nothing works at all

Hiya, Killmeplease..!!
    - welcome aboard..*Thumbs

- you have to let the update kinda "rinse".. it takes a while to bed in..
    - mind you, it's been quite a while since I upgraded from Win7..
    ..the only advice I can give in the early stages is "be patient"..

- and keep us abreast of developments.. *Wink

BugMeister, Jun 24, 2016
  5. I was finally able to get it to allow me to go back to Windows 7, I'm waiting for it to restart now.

6. - hope the roll-back went OK..

- will you be attempting the upgrade again, later?
    - if so, don't hesitate to pop in for advice (- and reassurances!*Wink )

BugMeister, Jun 24, 2016
  7. I might but not anytime soon. Thanks for the help.

8. Grizzly Win User

Nothing works at all

remember, you can get the free upgrade only until July 29th,2016.... After that date you gonna pay for it, literally..

Grizzly, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Nothing works at all

1. Nothing works at all - Similar Threads - Nothing works

2. I reset my PC and nothing will work properly anymore, what should I do to fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I reset my PC and nothing will work properly anymore, what should I do to fix this?: I have a prebuilt gaming PC that I've owned for the past 2 years. I've noticed that the performance has gradually decreased, which I thought was strange since it's still a relatively new computer. Recently, my computers performance had been worse than ever. Games that I...
  3. I reset my PC and nothing will work properly anymore, what should I do to fix this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I reset my PC and nothing will work properly anymore, what should I do to fix this?: I have a prebuilt gaming PC that I've owned for the past 2 years. I've noticed that the performance has gradually decreased, which I thought was strange since it's still a relatively new computer. Recently, my computers performance had been worse than ever. Games that I...
  4. My mouse cursor isnt working and nothing will help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mouse cursor isnt working and nothing will help: My sister messed up my computer and now my cursor is slow and even at max speed its still slow, please help i have tried to fix it with google and nothing will work, does updating my pc fix it??? Help!...
  5. My mouse cursor isnt working and nothing will help

My mouse cursor isnt working and nothing will help: My sister messed up my computer and now my cursor is slow and even at max speed its still slow, please help i have tried to fix it with google and nothing will work, does updating my pc fix it??? Help!...
  6. My mouse cursor isnt working and nothing will help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. My PC Keeps BlueScreening and nothing seems to work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC Keeps BlueScreening and nothing seems to work: Most of the time when my pc blue screens, the stop code is “memory management” and it changes from time to time, this has happened before. and when I would try to run an sfc /scannow it would blue screen at around 20%, I went into task manager and ended a bunch of tasks, ran...
  8. My PC Keeps BlueScreening and nothing seems to work

My PC Keeps BlueScreening and nothing seems to work: Most of the time when my pc blue screens, the stop code is “memory management” and it changes from time to time, this has happened before. and when I would try to run an sfc /scannow it would blue screen at around 20%, I went into task manager and ended a bunch of tasks, ran...
  9. My PC Keeps BlueScreening and nothing seems to work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Just did a "fresh install" and now nothing seems to work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Just did a "fresh install" and now nothing seems to work: Just reset the come from a Win11 ROM dl and the audio doesnt have sound even though the device is detected, cant even play the test sounds, also the install might have broke some of my game trying to lauch monster hunter world and it keeps crashing....