Windows 10: Nothing works! Help!

Discus and support Nothing works! Help! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello everyone...im new here and in a bit of a pickle... I have a Toshiba Satellite C55Dt-A5305 that came with win8 upgraded to win10. It spent 8... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Gbas420, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Gbas420 Win User

Nothing works! Help!

Hello everyone...im new here and in a bit of a pickle... I have a Toshiba Satellite C55Dt-A5305 that came with win8 upgraded to win10. It spent 8 months in the pawn shop and when i got it out i couldnt remember the password. So, not even remembering what was on it i decided to just start fresh and did a factory reset. That was apparently the worst possible thing to do! Now it wont do ANYTHING! System restore restored it.....to nothing... Everything i have tried ends with A) something went wrong and cant do it B) insert recovery disk C) cant find image or D) specify location of system image/network folder. After i screwed this all up i read somewhere that on these units.. Doing the restore when its been upgraded to win 10 erases everything. That part appears to be correct because i now have a $500 paperweight! I downloaded an iso and burned it to a flashdrive and even tried to just do a reinstall using a win 7 install i have and keep getting the same result. INVALID INVALID and INVALID. It tells me to install the driver for the device in question and havent had any luck with that either! Im about at my wits end and could SERIOUSLY use some assistance in unscrewing my screw up! someone....ANYONE!! Please help!

:)

Gbas420, Apr 4, 2018
  2. Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Apr 4, 2018
  3. Nothing Works - Help Please

Hello, If a hard reset did not help, I would consider taking it back to the reseller for repairs or replacement. Seems like a hardware issue to me. Linley.

Linley Meslier, Apr 4, 2018
  4. AddRAM Win User

Nothing works! Help!

AddRAM, Apr 4, 2018
  5. essenbe Win User
    essenbe, Apr 4, 2018
  6. It might be frustrating but at least it's a step forward.
    --- Type winver in the search box and let us know what version & OS build you have.
    Create a 2nd local administrator user account in case it comes in handy if you have issues with the sign-in account.
    Then go into settings, select Update & Security and check the status of your updates.
    --- They have to be up-to-date in order to continue
    You might also want to ensure Windows is activated. Go into Control Panel, select System and see what the Windows activation section reports.

BTW, Thanks to Essenbe’s link in post #3, it’s also possible to acquire the original Windows 8.1 Detailed Specifications for satellite_C55DT-A5305.pdf. Detailed Specifications for satellite_C55DT-A5305.pdf

Post #1 “i read somewhere that on these units.. Doing the restore when its been upgraded to win 10 erases everything. That part appears to be correct because i now have a $500 paperweight!’
    --- Not true as wiping out the OS, etc.
    --- What’s true is your data and applications aren’t saved.

MeAndMyComputer, Apr 4, 2018
  7. Bree New Member
    Which password? Toshibas can have passwords set for the bios and/or the HDD separately from the Windows password.

Bree, Apr 4, 2018
  8. Gbas420 Win User

Nothing works! Help!

I tried to boot windows 10 from USB and got "invalid". I got ahold of a factory copy of windows 7 Home Premium.. Thinking that id just install that, then upgrade back to 10 from there. Screen says "hit any key to boot from CD/DVD..then it says "windows is loading" then says "starting windows" and the windows emblem appears...thats where it freezes and wont go any further. Now what?

Gbas420, Apr 12, 2018
  9. Clintlgm Win User
    I'm wondering if you have a failed hard drive, maybe try a different one disconnecting the one your working with completely

For Windows 7, 8 and 10 you should download and create USB install media from MCT the link is for windows 10. Be sure to create the correct version of windows you know home or pro or N or whatever you had installed. No key is needed as the MS activation servers have your hardware already and will activate.

Take to heart about downloading the latest drivers for your notebook from manufacture most notebooks don't play well with windows native drivers.
    if you have any files still on your old hard drive you can use a SATA to USB adapter to connect it USB and transfer your data files that way.

You also need to determine wether your system is MBR or UEFI, open your BIOS to find out. There are Tutorial here to walk you through a clean Install UEFI
    Clean Install Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials

Clintlgm, Apr 12, 2018
  10. One option is when doing the clean install, select the "custom" option and delete all the partitions leaving just one big unallocated space. Then try installing into that. Windows 10 will create any and all the partitions it needs automatically. IMHO that will give you the best chance of getting an install that's not all muddled up.

alphanumeric, Apr 12, 2018
  11. "i couldnt remember the password"
    Does that mean it booted up and ran ok at the pawn shop?

MeAndMyComputer, Apr 13, 2018
  12. bro67 Win User
    Sounds like the hard drive is bad.

bro67, Apr 13, 2018
  13. Gbas420 Win User

Nothing works! Help!

Yes. I just couldnt remember the password ehen i got it out. It still came on ok when i got it out just as it always did. I just couldnt get into it.

Gbas420, Apr 13, 2018
  14. Gbas420 Win User
    I read somewhere that when you do a reset on one of these thats been upgraded to windows 10 that it erases EVERYTHING instead of just going back to factory settings. It will actually display the windows 10 home screen, but the only icon is the recycle bin and i cant open it. I can even open a window that displays the diffirent programs. But they are just program names. Click on one and theres nothing there. Tells me that it cant find it. So i believe the hard drive does work. Man! This is seriously frustrating!

Gbas420, Apr 13, 2018
Thema:

Nothing works! Help!

1. Nothing works! Help! - Similar Threads - Nothing works Help

2. Need help, tried a lot and nothing worked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help, tried a lot and nothing worked: My HP All-in-One 22 is only a few years old and only used for web browsing and some other light work, it suddenly started getting oddly slow so I restarted it, when it was restarting it completely froze, I had to hard restart it, after it booted it seemed normal, but the...
  3. Need help, tried a lot and nothing worked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help, tried a lot and nothing worked: My HP All-in-One 22 is only a few years old and only used for web browsing and some other light work, it suddenly started getting oddly slow so I restarted it, when it was restarting it completely froze, I had to hard restart it, after it booted it seemed normal, but the...
  4. Nothing Is Working!!! Help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Nothing Is Working!!! Help: So I was playing Siege when it crashed and I couldn't close out of the game at all so I did ctrl alt del and restarted it and it started updating windows and when I got back in nothing but google would run and I am freaking out please help me. submitted by /u/jthinkle89...
  5. Need help particularly, nothing works

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help particularly, nothing works: At this point I am fully prepared to lose everything, I think I somehow messed up trying to install linux mint for a dual boot and now its boned, I started up my pc, booted in to windows, went to bed, woke up, still booting, both reset options, dont work, dism something about...
  6. Nothing works

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Nothing works: Hello I just got this new laptop, I am very excited but I have found that the gallery does not open. It opens for a second then crashes, same with the microsoft office store. The only thing that works is the wordpad, solitare, internet and netflix. When I downloaded images...
  7. Please help nothing working nothing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Please help nothing working nothing: [IMG]help nothing working in my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-help-nothing-working-nothing/648fe6d7-2de9-4835-b79a-b95d24d22d8e
  8. Folders keep reverting to read only, nothing helps and nothing works.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folders keep reverting to read only, nothing helps and nothing works.: [ATTACH]I trayed to do the thing I usually do, convert some of my NEF pictures in Nikon software and got this message. I started looking into attributes of all my folders and got this:[ATTACH] all folders on my two disks same to be affected. I went through all steps I...
  9. Nothing (and I mean nothing) is working on my computer. PLEASE HELP ME

in Windows 10 Customization
    Nothing (and I mean nothing) is working on my computer. PLEASE HELP ME: Okay, so. I couldn't access my start menu (every time I clicked it, it would come up 'critical error' and then log me off). I literally tried everything to resolve this issue. I ended up giving my computer a factory reset because I was about to smash my face into my monitor....
  10. Nothing works so help

in Windows 10 Support
    Nothing works so help: When i click on any app/programme it will open it on my pin bar but nothing will happen . When i hover over the icon it will show that it is there and when i click on it, it is minimised. The only thing i can acess is control pannel but i cant reset my pc or do system restore...