Windows 10: Notice To Install from Reserve

Discus and support Notice To Install from Reserve in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This morning I was notified that the reserve Windows 10 was ready to download. I have decided to wait for a while before installing Win 10. Can I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by huffman, Aug 5, 2015.

1. huffman Win User

Notice To Install from Reserve

This morning I was notified that the reserve Windows 10 was ready to download. I have decided to wait for a while before installing Win 10.
    Can I download the reserved file and save until I am ready to install it (if ever).
    Can I burn the download to a DVD just in case that something happens to my hard drive ??

:)

huffman, Aug 5, 2015
  2. EleanorVV Win User

Cancelled Reservation but getting notices of installation

This is Eleanor VV again. Since I did not receive a reply to this question, I am asking it once again. After cancelling on July 27, on July 31, I received the following message from Microsoft Windows 10 -- "When will my free
    upgrade arrive? You’ve already reserved, so your free upgrade is on the way. This is the largest software upgrade event ever and we’re managing it so everyone has a great experience. Your notification to upgrade could come as soon as a few days or
    in a few weeks. In the meantime, you can always check your upgrade status in the
    Get Windows 10 app. Find the app by clicking on the Windows icon on your task bar. "

When I check my icon, there is no update status and they ask me to reserve it. I cannot figure out what is going on. I would appreciate knowing if anyone else has had this problem and how it was solved. Do I just ignore this email and hope there are
    no follow-ups or is there something else I should be doing in the meantime? By the way, I have not received anything else since the July 31 email.

EleanorVV, Aug 5, 2015
  3. Cancelled Reservation but getting notices of installation

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community. I would be happy to assist you.

From the description provided, I understand that you are being notified of the Windows 10 upgrade notification.

This notification is for free upgrade to Windows 10. However if you want to stop this notification.
    I would suggest you to uninstall the KB3035538 update to stop getting notified about the Windows 10 notification. You can follow the methods below and check.

Method 1: Uninstall the Windows Update as follow:

Follow these steps to uninstall a Windows Update.

1. Press the WinKey+X to display the system menu and select
    Control Panel

2. In Control Panel, select Windows Update.

3. On the left side menu, look at the bottom of the window and click
    Installed Updates.

4. Scroll down and locate the update KB3035538 you wish to uninstall.

5. Click that update and then click the Uninstall Button at the top of the window.

Method 2: Rename the GWXUXWorker.exe

Terminate the GWX.exe process using Task Manager. Moreover rename the
    GWXUXWorker.exe and GWX.exe to .old as suffix from directory location:-

Windows\System32\GWX, if getting any issues while renaming then give the system permission's to respective files and then try to rename it again. OR you can delete the entire directory folder.

However, even if you uninstall this and hidden it, if you have already agreed to the update and let Windows Update run for 8.1 Updates the Microsoft powers that be still try to force the Windows 10 update.

One work around will be to choose the option to Download updates but to choose whether to install them so that updates don't get installed automatically.

1. Open the Windows Control Panel.

2. Click or tap on the System and Security link.

Note: If you're on the Large icons or Small icons view of Control Panel in Windows 8, choose the Windows Update applet and then skip to Step 4.

3. In the System and Security window, click or tap on the Windows Update link.

4. With Windows Update now open, click or tap the Change settings link to the left. This will open a window with a Choose your Windows Update settings heading.

5. These settings control how Windows will receive and install updates from Microsoft.

6. Choose Download updates but let me choose whether to install them, click or tap the
    OK button to confirm the changes.

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Aug 5, 2015
Thema:

Notice To Install from Reserve

1. Notice To Install from Reserve - Similar Threads - Notice Install Reserve

2. Notice

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notice: Receive Email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Permanently Delete All Google Account February 12 1985 to October 21 2023 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notice/97876efc-f756-4a31-acfc-6ed56fd6e124
  3. Notice

Notice: November 29 2022 Update Huawei MatePad T10s Bader Batarfi Unable to Cracked LCD Screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notice/d83a1329-566b-4d1d-9bb3-ca9c61b8c6d0
  4. Install time notice

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Install time notice: When i try to install an app on pc it show a message that " add an application to startup " What i should to do that time click √ on it or not? Please tell me. WINDOWS 10...
  5. Install time notice

Install time notice: When i try to install an app on pc it show a message that " add an application to startup " What i should to do that time click √ on it or not? Please tell me. WINDOWS 10...
  6. Install time notice

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. notice

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    notice: why did rec this opening website[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notice/e35b3e98-5516-4f78-b1c6-085bcf78a36b
  8. False Installer running notice.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    False Installer running notice.: While trying to install an update for my photo manipulation software I get an error message saying that another program is being installed and needs to be completed before the current attempt can activate. I do not have any other programs installing and am at a loss to...
  9. Reserve Windows 10 Notice

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reserve Windows 10 Notice: I have decided not to upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10. How do I get rid of the upgrade notice on my PC? I hope there is a way since it has become annoying. Thank you. 22266
  10. Reserved and Upgraded from W8.1, can I Clean install now?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reserved and Upgraded from W8.1, can I Clean install now?: Hi I have Windows 10 now, Reservation and Upgrading ran smoothly, I want to clean install now formatting HDD, Will it ask me for a product key, or will the fresh Windows 10 be activated even after formatting with no key, have anyone tried this? Thanks! 9680