Windows 10: notifcation area on taskbar in Windows 10

Discus and support notifcation area on taskbar in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Previous versions of Windows allowed us to configure which icons would always show in this area. Now Windows 10 it appears only allows us to control... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by raghave_33, Jul 10, 2018.

1. notifcation area on taskbar in Windows 10

Previous versions of Windows allowed us to configure which icons would always show in this area. Now Windows 10 it appears only allows us to control which programs can display notifications or not; not whether the icon - for Norton for example, can display. This is annoying because Norton icon used to display with a green tick or a red cross for instant access to information whether Norton was signalling that it was working fine and all was okay with its security status or not. Is there any way to restore this functionality or have the microsoft boys in their infinite wisdom decided to invade and take over our lives on this too?

:)

raghave_33, Jul 10, 2018
  2. sagent Win User

How do I remove Realtemp from appearing in WIndows 7 Notificati​on Area Icons?

How do I remove Realtemp from appearing in Windows 7 Notification Area Icons?

Windows 7 Taskbar
    Notifcation Area
    Show hidden icons (triangle)
    Customize...
    RealTemp.exe <==== How do I remove this please? (I don't want to see this as an option)

Thank you!

sagent, Jul 10, 2018
  3. notification area on all display

Hi,

To resolve your concern regarding notification area, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Right click Taskbar.
    • Select Properties.
    • Untick Show taskbar on all displays; then, Apply.
    • Drag the remaining primary monitor taskbar to the screen you want.
    • Tick Show taskbar on all displays.

We appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Jul 10, 2018
  4. notifcation area on taskbar in Windows 10

taskbar

Hi Roger,

Thank you for sharing this to the Microsoft Community. We suggest that you follow these steps for possible solution:

• Right-click on an empty area of the taskbar. If in tablet mode, hold your finger on the taskbar.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Toggle Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode to on. You can also do the same for tablet mode.

In addition to that, you can follow the reply of johnhart061 on this
    thread for more information.

Let us know how it goes.

Marvin Barc, Jul 10, 2018
Thema:

notifcation area on taskbar in Windows 10

1. notifcation area on taskbar in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - notifcation area taskbar

2. Powershell Toast Notifcations

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Powershell Toast Notifcations: PowerShell Toast notifications have stopped appearing after selecting the 3 dots .., in the last Toast Notification that appeared and selecting "Turn off all notifications for Windows PowerShell."Can't find where to restore the notifications for Windows PowerShell as that...
  3. windows notifcation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows notifcation: Hello.I noticed that at my w indows security appears a yellow alert.But all settings when open it are green https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-notifcation/bc8f4721-d800-4ad7-9f00-b2e31c1c4c96
  4. windows notifcation

windows notifcation: Hello.I noticed that at my w indows security appears a yellow alert.But all settings when open it are green https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-notifcation/bc8f4721-d800-4ad7-9f00-b2e31c1c4c96
  5. Taskbar Notification Area

Taskbar Notification Area: Why has the the Weather App started appearing in the notification area of the taskbar?I do NOT want it - how do I remove it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-notification-area/c6ff6f42-47bf-44a5-8493-52c6d2aca9a5
  6. Notification area of taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notification area of taskbar: I cannot get the icons for volume, network, Norton/Defender status, or even the "up arrow" for hidden items to show on the taskbar??? The clock does show. I tried all of the obvious settings. ?????...
  7. A Gmail notifcation query

in Browsers and Email
    A Gmail notifcation query: Guys I have followed steps to insure I receive Gmail sound notification but it does not work. I have Gmail on my W10 laptop and on my Android Mobile Samsung J3 2017. I have done the following>>> gmail app menu in top right settings sync gmail notify for every message BUT...
  8. Missing OneDrive icon in notifcation area

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing OneDrive icon in notifcation area: I am trying to setup folders to sync between my PC and my OneDrive Account. It appears that I set this up by changing settings by using the OneDrive icon in the notification area. However, there is no OneDrive icon in the notification area and there is no option to 'turn...
  9. Notification area on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notification area on taskbar: I have three monitors.....I can get the task bar on all three but can only get the notification bar or pane on the one on the right.....how do I get it on all three so I can shut off one or too? I'm guessing the notification pane is what I'm calling the clock/date, speaker...
  10. Add or Remove Notification Area on Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Notification Area on Taskbar in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Notification Area on Taskbar in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Notification Area on Taskbar in Windows 10 The notification area (aka: "system tray") is located at the far right end of the taskbar just to the left of the system clock and includes...