Windows 10: Notification Center no longer opens when I click on tray icon

Discus and support Notification Center no longer opens when I click on tray icon in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello there, I just bought a new ASUS Zenbook with Windows 10. After 3-4 weeks of perfect functioning I now have this problem: when I click the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jeanmermoz, Aug 22, 2018.

1. Notification Center no longer opens when I click on tray icon

Hello there,

I just bought a new ASUS Zenbook with Windows 10.

After 3-4 weeks of perfect functioning I now have this problem: when I click the Notification Center icon the taskbar the latter does not show up.

Note that I had turned Windows Update off as a very first step, so I know I have a stable system (maybe buggy, but stable) and the unstability I just described proves I was right to turn Windows Update off.

Has anyone encountered the same problem and/or knows of a solution ?

Many thanks in advance.

:)

jeanmermoz, Aug 22, 2018
  2. jsfitz54 Win User

Anyway to get rid of annoying nVidia System Tray icon?

How about open the icon, find "Desktop" tab, at top left, and uncheck "show notification tray icon"

Notification Center no longer opens when I click on tray icon [​IMG]

jsfitz54, Aug 22, 2018
  3. No OneDrive icon in the notification tray

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am sorry to know that you are facing issues with Windows 10. Do not worry, will assist you with the issue.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check.

• Go to Settings.
      • Select System.
      • Click on Notifications & Actions.
      • Click on Select which icons appear on the task bar.
      • And choose the following icons you wish to keep on task bar.
      • Restart the Computer.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Aug 22, 2018
  4. Notification Center no longer opens when I click on tray icon

Notification area (system tray) icons missing, Reset did not work

Hi Kevin,

With regard to your query about the system tray, we suggest that you follow the steps below and see if it helps.

• Right-click on an empty space in your desktop taskbar and select Properties.
    • In the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties window, find the selection labeled
      Notification Area and click on Customize.
    • Click on Turn system icons on or off.
    • If you'd like to always show all icons, turn the slider window to On.
    • Reboot the PC for the changes to take effect.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Aug 22, 2018
Thema:

Notification Center no longer opens when I click on tray icon

1. Notification Center no longer opens when I click on tray icon - Similar Threads - Notification Center longer

2. Windows 11 security center notification icon no longer has a right click menu after recent...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 security center notification icon no longer has a right click menu after recent...: So after a update yesterday for the authenticated user error apparently now my security center notification icon can no longer be right clicked. All my other icons still work all my start menus etc. its just the one icon. I attempted to contact support only to be met with...
  3. Windows 11 security center notification icon no longer has a right click menu after recent...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 security center notification icon no longer has a right click menu after recent...: So after a update yesterday for the authenticated user error apparently now my security center notification icon can no longer be right clicked. All my other icons still work all my start menus etc. its just the one icon. I attempted to contact support only to be met with...
  4. Calendar and Notifications won't open when clicking on taskbar icons.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Calendar and Notifications won't open when clicking on taskbar icons.: Can't open calendar and notification apps on taskbar. Tried all sorts of different potential fixes posted on a related "closed" thread and nothing works. However, I've signed on another family member and apps appear. Any suggestions? Thanks...
  5. Notifications Disappear When Icon Clicked

in Windows 10 Support
    Notifications Disappear When Icon Clicked: The Task Bar icon for Notifications will show that there is at least one notification, but I have no idea what that might be about, for now when I click on the icon, any new notifications are cleared with no further action needed by me. This started a day or two ago, and I...
  6. shifting icons in notification tray

in Windows 10 Customization
    shifting icons in notification tray: I have seen this problem all over the internet with no resolution. The icons in the notification area of the taskbar are shifting to the right and left continuously. I have factory reset the computer and done a clean reboot. There are no additional programs installed. All...
  7. Notification Center Opens With Every Touchpad Click

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Notification Center Opens With Every Touchpad Click: I've tried disabling and then reenabling the clickpad, I tried turning off four finger anything - argh! It started a few days after Windows updated itself. I have a HP Spectrum 360 I purchased in 2015. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks....
  8. can I kick Action Center (notifications) out of the tray

in Windows 10 Support
    can I kick Action Center (notifications) out of the tray: If I can, how to do it? is it dangerous? worthwhile? thanks 58676
  9. Error when clicking Windows 10 tray icon

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error when clicking Windows 10 tray icon: I have finished wiping out my PC in order to upgrade to Windows 10. After applying numerous updates, I finally received the Windows 10 tray icon. Once i click on it, I get the following screen. Does anyone know what the issue is? It just sits on this screen with no further...
  10. Tray notification icons not showing

in Windows 10 Support
    Tray notification icons not showing: Dell XPS-13 Windows 10 Creators Update The icons I choose to "show" in the tray become hidden at the next bootup or restart. Tray icon settings do not "take". Wiped out next time. The problems with this awful update to Windows 10 are never-ending. Please help. 85913